We really enjoyed our two weeks in this hotel ... (I'm sorry this review is so late! )
Best to ignore the out-of-date prices, but this is what we found:-
A large and very clean room and a great view from the balcony:
Also luxuriant, manicured gardens around the pool. which must have been the LEAST COLD I have found in all the Canaries!
The hotel has been built to protect you from the strong prevailing winds. Even though there must have been 600 to 800 guests we always got sunbeds.
A good selection to choose from in the restaurant:
Free chilled water with your meal and also freshly-squeezed orange juice at breakfast. I recommend you try the delicious "cooked" meals, for example the chicken in wine sauce.
Reasonably priced drinks except during happy hour each evening when they were unbelievably low!!
Free chilled water around the pool.
Free internet café all day with plenty of PCs.
Free trial of the beautiful wellness centre. No-one tries to sell you anything! I recommend some crushed ice to rub over your skin when you emerge from the saunas! Press an underwater button when you are in the pool and see what happens!
Free bus to the beach several times a day. We took the last one at 3.15pm to avoid sunburn and came back by taxi for a few Euros.
Daytime stuff is low-key, crazy golf/archery/darts/waterpolo.The Animation team were good fun and professional.
Evenings were either budget shows indoors or dancing to a singer-musician outdoors.
Small supermarket and plenty of bars/car hire etc. more or less next door.
What was wrong with the holiday or the hotel? Nothing important really. The (eco-friendly) rather dim lights in our room and the décor in the public spaces (clashing colours/types of marble/mirrors) took some getting used to, but it was all clean and all the staff took the lead from their manager. Cheerful, helpful, respectful. A good hotel that was nearly/completely full with lots of people from all over Europe enjoying themselves... they must like it as much as we did.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eugenia Victoria Hotel is one of the most popular 3 star hotels in Playa del Ingles and offers something for everyone with multiple attractions, sport and leisure. It has one of the largest SPA center of Playa del Ingles, with free access for clietents of the hotel. It also offers a free shuttlebus to go to the beach. The hotel has many modern facilities and a wide range of cuisine what make the Hotel Eugenia Victoria the ideal place for a pleasant and relaxing holiday. From a privileged location in Playa del Ingles, the Hotel Eugenia Victoria has excellent facilities and spacious gardens that help to make your stay in Gran Canaria a real pleasure. Playa del Ingles is the best known of the island of Gran Canaria tourist area with a lot of shopping malls and leisure facilities, great entertainment during day and nighttime and with a good public transport connection to all directions. There is a free parkingplace on the side of the hotel and wi-fi is free of charge and available in public areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz and Despegar.com so you can book your Hotel Eugenia Victoria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eugenia Victoria Playa Del Ingles
- Eugenia Victoria Gran Canaria
- Hotel Eugenia Victoria Playa Del Ingles, Gran Canaria