“Great place to stay in Playa Del Ingles” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Corona Roja - Playa del Ingles

You added Corona Roja - Playa del Ingles to your Saves list
Corona Roja - Playa del Ingles
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida de Italia 6, 35100 Playa del Ingles, Gran Canaria, Spain   |
Ranked #104 of 137 Hotels in Playa del Ingles
Dublin, Ireland
“Great place to stay in Playa Del Ingles”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I wasn't expecting too much, but I was very pleasantly surprised with this accommodation. It's centrally located, the pool is lovely, the rooms were adequate, the solarium terrace was absolutely super.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Polish first
Helsinki, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Nice simple hotel near the sea, few minutes walk to the beach. Great view to the sea from the upper floors ( 8-14 floors). Small kitchen with cups and plates and pots. I make my own breakfast, because I sleep late.

Near action and night life. Near Yumbo shopping center. There is a small food shop downstairs.This hotel is good value for money.

You can also eat in the hotel restaurant. Breakfast is 5 euros and dinner costs 11 euros.

Friendly stuff. Clean rooms. I always come here for 4 weeks in December from cold Finland and go home tanned.

Room Tip: Upper floors rooms have sea view. Rooms to south have more sun. One bed room room was big.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Harlow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Just returned from the Corona Roja hotel. Much better than expected. Food was good most of the time there was something that we wanted to eat. Room was a good size with a balcony and always clean.

The swimming pool was nice but cold. This was possibly because it was early in the year. I have been to Gran Canaria four years ago stayed at a different hotel and pool was warmer although don't think it was heated.

Found the hotel staff very friendly and helpful, especially Antonio, Carlos and Kay in the bar and Alex on reception. Thanks to all of them for making the holiday a good one.

The only bad point I would say was the entertainment or lack of it. A guy on a guitar and bad karaoke while eating dinner was not my idea of entertainment. Should be more varied and start later. Generally a very good holiday and would go back to this hotel .

Room Tip: Better views from top floor
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
lincs
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

just had & wonderful days at the Corona Roja, I had read some of the reports on this site after booking the holiday and was expecting the worst, reception staff very friendly and helpful, hotel tired looking in some areas but improvements in progress. food good but a little basic, pool area and gardens very impressive and clean. the only criticism i have is that you have to rent kettle and any other electrical items that other hotels have as standard.

Room Tip: If you intend using the beach, as a minimum there are 71 steps to go down, or use the back entrance...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Me and my boyfriend stayed in this hotel for a week. We arrive at the reception and were asked to print our booking paperwork off straight away we just assumed that if we were on their system it would and been fine like every other hotel we had been too....but they were making use this computer that u had to put thirty cent in a little slot but it kept saying it couldn't print so by the time we actually printed the papers we had spent about four Euro! The staff behind reception were extremely unhelpful and arrogant! .... WHAT A LOVELY WELCOME.the room smelt awfully strong of bleach and was extremely out dated... we had no balcony either. On our stay we were also accused of taking one of their tiny green towels! By a horrible arrogant Spanish man who worked behind the desk! The maid hadn't given us one towel back so my boyfriend told him that we hadn't been given it back and he said the maid said its gone! Which my boyfriend replied I having stolen it! when we left Here we got no good bye or thanks for staying it was more like a hostel than a hotel... pool area was nice so we spent most our Time here but the smell from the kitchen was like hospital food so we didn't try their food appart from a cheese and ham toastie that was awful..

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2015

I have been in several all inclusive holidays but this has got to be the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. All inclusive and I use that term very lightly. The food choice is very minimal the staff in the resteraunte are very arrogant and unhelpful. Alex on reception was excellent. This hotel catered for Germans mainly. The hotel is in a fantastic location but there are many others in the same area. I would never return to this hotel even if it was free. I have come here with 5 friends and unfortunately it was their first time at all inclusive so the impression they got wasn't good.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Derby, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2015

DON'T GO. I should have read more reviews. We paid the cheap price thinking it was because of the time of year. We arrived and were given a room that was probably for staff. Small window, no balcony and overlooked the bins etc which were emptied in the early hours. No sunlight at all. NEVER BEFORE had to put money in a TV to whatch it in an hotel. Very very dated. Ask for a better room but nothing available for 4 days. Large hotel but seems that most is privately owned. When we were "upgraded" the room was only slightly better. Food was edible but we gave it a miss a several times as it looked totally unappetizing. Even leaving food and eating out. I assure you I am not a fussy eater but on holiday I want to be spoiled a little. MOST staff were friendly. Hope this helps as you don't want to be disappointed as we were.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends

Been to Corona Roja - Playa del Ingles? Share your experiences!