“scary biscuits” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Corona Roja - Playa del Ingles

You added Corona Roja - Playa del Ingles to your Saves list
Corona Roja - Playa del Ingles
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida de Italia 6, 35100 Playa del Ingles, Gran Canaria, Spain   |
Ranked #106 of 139 Hotels in Playa del Ingles
belfast
“scary biscuits”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2008

this was the worst accomodation i have ever experienced in my life, i was staying in room 107, on the ground floor. the second morning i was there i had got up and went into the bathroom to get a shower, previously i had seen ants on the floor so i decided not to bring my towel into the bathroom with me incase any ants got onto it. so i had a shower and went to bend down to wash my feet and there was a cockroach the size of my hand right beside my feet, i jumped out of the shower and i was shaking from head to toe, crying sore, im afraid of tiny little spiders never mind a massive cockroach. so we decided to go to reception to complian and the man asked us what our problem was so i told him about the cockroach and he turned around and said to us was it in room 107!!! we didn't even tell him our room number. we got moved room and the second room was a bit nicer but still was not good enough, the whole holi was ruined because i was afraid to get a shower, everytime i got one i was shaking and had to keep the curtain and my partner had to stay in the bathroom with me everytime i got showered. he isn't even afraid of spiders or anything and this cockroach scred him too. he also seen one half the size of the one in the shower straight after and it was on top of the door.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed April 2008
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Polish first
Leicester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2008

I stayed here towards the end of August, i went with my boyfriend and a couple of friends. I have to admit that when our taxi first pulled up outside the hotel i was abit unsure of what to expect, but as soon as i woke up in the morning and saw the view and how close we were to the beach i was amazed that it was sooo cheap! Our room was very clean and tidy when we arrived and there were no problems with anything in the room, the maid also cleaned the room and changed the towls every other day. We stayed on the 10th floor and it was very very quiet and had amazing views, we tried to avoid the pool as it was quite crowded at times but the main beach took ten minutes to reach and it was worth the walk. We stayed for two weeks and didn't encounter any problems with the hotel, so it was great value for money. The main clubs are also ten minutes away from the hotel and if you can't be bothered to walk then a taxi is about 3 euros!! I would recomend having breakfast at Jocks bar which is literally 1 minute away from the hotel. Personally i wouldn't go back again but our friends were struggling for money and this was the best option, so therefore it was defffinatly worth what we payed.

• Liked — Value
  • Disliked — Pool area
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
bedfordshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2008

this hotel is specifically designed for young singles who enjoy partying: small rooms and very basic. dont come here if you expect cleanliness!(our towels never got changed, they were soaking every day). I went to this hotel with my boyfriend and 9 of his mates for 2 weeks. the hotel gets very noisey at night so please dont consider staying here if you want an early nights sleep! my boyfriend and i were woken at 4am by a young drunk person trying to get into our room by using his key in our lock, though we werent too bothered as we had experienced drunk nights ourselves. i think this is a great hotel and location if you want a clubbing holiday, there are bars and clubs just a few yards away. And if your looking for the main nightlife thats about a 10 minute walk into the centre of playa del ingles. i wouldnt stay in this hotel again due to lack of air conditioning and cleanliness. - i did take a few photos of the state of the hotel, but the view was lovely.

• Liked — the location
  • Disliked — the smell
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Chester
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2008

Me and my boyfriend were excited about our first hoilday together until we arrived at the hotel. From the outside it looks nice and the location is good however when we went to the room it was awful, small, required hiring kettles and irons for a large amount what a [--] joke, so we bought our own instead and it was cheaper. We were on the second floor with no balcany and the beds were rock soild and it jsut was dirty. Bathroom was cleaned everyday but the bath was rusty, we are going to stay there again next year as it is a good location and there is more good points than bad but CHEERS is amazing jsut dont stay on the 2nd floor.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Room quality.
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Edinburgh
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2007

Quite simply, this is a poor excuse for an aparthotel. Avoid it like the plague. I cannot understand how anyone has rated this hotel highly, and must assume that I was staying in the same room as all the other bad reviews about this hotel. Read all the other reviews on this hotel that have less than 3 star ratings. this was also my experience. Take my advice, find another hotel as this one is the worst that I have ever stayed at. See this more as a club 18-30 holiday hotel, where you are so wasted for the whole of your holiday, that you cant tell what the state of the hotel is!
Families beware!!!

• Liked — Packing up and going home
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
newcastle upon tyne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2007

Me and my husband have just come back from gran caneria we had a fab time. corna roja was an ok hotel we were on the second floor so we had no balcony and the bathroom light switch was hanging off the wall but other than that the hotel was fab all the staff were very friendly and it was very clean. The pools were good especially the outdoor one when the weather was really hot. like other reviews we would reccomend you go to jocks for breakfast and a night out also cheers is good thats right next door to jocks bar. Also prople on other reviews were saying the hotel didnt have a kettle but you could hire one plus we only drank cold drinks with the weather being hot.

• Liked — the receotion staff were there 24 seven aswell as the maintence man
  • Disliked — we didnt have a balcony and the bathroom light was hanging off the wall
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
West Midlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2007

I was very worried after reading all of the bad reviews about this hotel, however I was pleasantly surprised. Check in was quick and the reception staff were very friendly throughout our holiday. We were staying on the 13th floor and had no problems with the lift during our stay.
Our room was small but clean, we had our own private balcony with a sea view. Maids came 4 times during our 7 night stay to change towels etc.
The beach is a 5 minute walk from the hotel and night life can be found 10 minutes up the road, despite this we did not encounter any noise during the night.
There are more than enough sun loungers around the pool although I will say that the pool is extremely cold.
The hotel is clean, the place is lovely and I would have no hesitation in returning.
I would not recommend this hotel to families as 18-30's use this hotel, however for young singles, couples looking for a cheap holiday you can't go wrong.
I also recommend Jock's bar for a mighty breakfast.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Corona Roja - Playa del Ingles? Share your experiences!