“Los Salmones March 2014” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Isla Bonita

Save Saved
You added Hotel Isla Bonita to your Saves list
Hotel Isla Bonita
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Av De Tenerife, 2, 35100 Playa del Ingles, Gran Canaria, Spain (Formerly Los Salmones Apartments)   |
Ranked #84 of 139 Hotels in Playa del Ingles
London, United Kingdom
“Los Salmones March 2014”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

All inclusive weeks holiday -
- Pool looked fine.
- Meals provided gave a small selection to choose form (far less than the Beverley Park i stayed in March 2013), Restaurant staff friendly though
- Room was only cleaned every other day (I expected everyday room service), bed linen not changed in the 7 days i stayed (lucky for me I had a twin room to myself).
- Bathroom had what look like mould along the grouting and bath had seen better days.
Sink mixer taps was hanging on for dear life to the basin
WC did not feel secure when sat on.
Part of bathroom door frame missing

- The hotel provided a (weekday) pool side aerobics and Spanish lessons (did not utilise).
- On some evenings a pool side event was held, with an advertised 'drag show' on the Thursday which was not a man dressed as a woman (so in my opinion, not a drag show)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Polish first
Cavan, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

Third time here every time we come more improvements, not bad for a budget hotel. Lobby, pool bar and swimming pool massively renovated. Will be back. Only draw back bit far out but 3 euro in a taxi sorts u out. Staff are friendly, apartments are clean and basic. Airport bus just 2mins walk away. Shops near by. Free pool side internet and paid internet in the rooms. Highly recommended

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Stayed here for a week for some winter sun. It was warm enough. All inclusive, served a range of choices, not a lot but enough. The pool and a decent location to the beach was the only thing good about staying at this hotel. But its not bad considering how cheap it was. Small TV, but I wasn't going on holiday to watch TV so that didn't bother me. Overall I recommend renting a car, which we did. Gran Canaria is a beautiful country with good roads which is a plus when travelling. Definitely would recommend travelling to this country, just spend a bit more for a better hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

This was our first trip back to Gran Canaria in many years, I have to say both my Sister & I had a fantastic return trip in February. Our Stay at Los Salmones was a fabulous one, from our Arrival to Departure we were treated very well. From friendly, helpful Reception Staff, Housekeeping staff, and Kitchen/Bar staff they all went above and beyond to make our stay a perfect one.
I would have to compliment Florian, the director, both he and his staff are fantastic, very pleasant, friendly and courteous, a big plus in my opinion!
The location couldn't be better, 15 walk to the beautiful beach, supermarkets, shops, bars and restaurants a short walk away too!
Los Salmones in general is a lovely hotel, very, very clean, pool is fabulous, pool area well maintained, lots of sun loungers, if you want to spend time by the pool.
Rooms are nice, very airy, clean, if self catering, the kitchenette is well equipped.
The housekeeping staff are very efficient, with cleaning, clean towels etc!
I would strongly recommend full board or half board, both my Sister and I really enjoyed the food, great variety, great quality, to suit all tastes,delicious! the Chef is on hand at all mealtimes! Overall a lovely stay, & we definitely will be back! :-)

Room Tip: Next time we will probably opt for a pool view, but either way I am sure, as a guest, you will not b...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

The room itself could do with a little refurbish, I think we had new doors and windows but could now do with a.lick of paint , we was on the bottom floor so had a balcony that was straight on a path and a children's park right by us, this hotel is so friendly and helpful, will try everything to make you have the perfect stay, food is amazing we went half board,
Location it is literally right on top of everything shops, clubs, bars, cafés, restaurants, beach is literally 3minute walk, with jet skis, paddle boats etc,
Playa de ingles is fantastic!
Would 100% go back & would defiantly recommend!

Room Tip: Higher floor, I personally would rather have a balcony,
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reading
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

I booked through an online website and so didn't know what to expect. I was very well impressed. Flight had been delayed so when I arrived at the apartments I was offered something at the bar as they were prepared to stay open late for me and also a small food package. I went all inclusive and glad I did. Why go on holiday and cook for yourself?! Good variety of foods at breakfast, lunch and dinner. The waiters/waitresses were amazing. So helpful and nice. It was 5 mins from the beach and just perfect. I had a wonderful time. Enjoyed the pool too.
My one teeny issue was as I was on my own and the apartment bedroom had two single beds, the mattress didn't fit the bed as the frame was too small and the headboard wasn't attached to the bed.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Limerick, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

Stayed here three years in a row for winter sun holiday Jan / Feb. Short distance to excellent beach. Nice outdoor pool with loads of loungers free of charge. Good value for money apartment. Cleaners called three times a week and replaced towels. Comfortable beds and bed linen replaced weekly. Well equiped kitchenette and torrents of hot water both in kitchen and bathroom. The complex comprises four towers each five floors accessed by small lift. Friendly reception. Some road noise depending which tower is selected. Safes for rent at E12 /wk. Good wifi free in reception area only. Quite convenient supermarkets and to the local bus station at Park Tropical. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Select pool view for sun and less road noise
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Alpharooms

Been to Hotel Isla Bonita? Share your experiences!