“Great place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Green Field

Save Saved
You added Hotel Green Field to your Saves list
Hotel Green Field
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida Tenerife 6, 35100 Playa del Ingles, Gran Canaria, Spain   |
Ranked #62 of 139 hotels in Playa del Ingles
London, United Kingdom
“Great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Just came back from 6 days break in playa del ingles...stayed in green field as it seemed good value for money..we weren't wrong...staff really helpful and really friendly...hotel really nice,great location,close to all the shops and bars...5min walk to the beach..we went all inclusive...food was really good,great selection,every night different food..Well prepared and presented..No complains about this hotel whatsoever..Would recommend and will be back next year.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

272 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Polish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

Dear traveller. This is advise for travelling in the wintertime to this hotel. I love this hotel, but I have given it 3/5 for several reasons. I would gladly come back, however.
Location: Excellent, 5 minutes walk from the shopping centres Casbah/Plaza. 5 minutes to the promenade, 10 to the Beach. We recommend to to to annexo two, and near kiosk 5 on the Beach, due to sewage. Do not stop for african lady bandits on the promenade, do not give them Money. On the left side of the entrance is a bridge over the road. You can go for a nice walk in the nature when you go downwords and follow a path. If you stay closer to the road it is a short cut to San Fernando, where there is Lidl after 5 minutes, and big Spar and Hiperdino, and many Chinese shops and Kitchen shops and some cafes and restaurants 15 minutes away.
Room location: Many on tripadvisor have recommended pool rooms. I do not. We got 245 With pool view. It was very cold, never any sun in the room, and there is no heating possibilities, only cold A/C. The toilet was running, showerhead awful, and mould in the cupboard. And much noise from the road G 500 to San Augustin. We changed to 511 after one week, on the side towards Agaethe Park. If you get a room from 11-23 in 5th floor and upwards, you will have a warmer room. But there is mould in the showers due to condensation from A/C in the building, after 4 visits the awful morning smell of mould was better. I saw this mould in 515 as well. The South/front of the hotel are Apartments. Very nice in upper floor, lovely, but beware of noise from restaurants, maybe more of a problem in the summer. But good balcony doors keep noise out. Here I saw no mould. Do not order large studio, as it only is on the ground floor. Our room 245 had a slightly bigger balcony, and room for a kitchen table, but this was charged as a large studio.....even large studio should have a bigger sofa bed lounge area....This is a scam.....
Food: We had half board. The food was OK, but repetetive. Very little veggies, and they mix pork meat into anything. When you arrive to have a dinner, they give you the drinks and take your room number. But you must pay in the bar inside the dining hall every single time. Some days the chef put enormous amounts of oil in the food, that was awful. The soups were usually very taste veggiesoups. Fish was usually very good. Breakfast Ok, ordinary english, not good jam.
Good opening hours in the night, from 18.30 to 21.00. Very nice staff, Jose, Pedro, and the "big" chef, hard working people.
Pool: Very good and warm nice pool. Good sunhours. 8 oclock you put out your towels. Did not eat in the pool bar.
Entertainment: OK, dont miss the arabian dance show. Fantastic, talented girls. For playing table tennis was problematic for some mysterious reason. Kim was ok.
Reception: Spoke English, German, Finnish. Blas helped us the most, and Octavio was very nice.
Rent a Car: We used Jure Car rent in Avd Italia close by. 3 days 90 euro, in a good Renault Clio 2013 model. Recommend to visit Las Palmas and Las Canteras/Corte Ingles/Calle Triana, and Roque Nublo/Fataga. Parking in the hotel area, was always room, you use the door bell to open the gate.
Cleaning: Very good, only one girl took our bag with clothes in it and threw it away. And no compensation or nothing. Was a washing mashine on third floor, used it twice. Excellent.
Services: Nice hairdresser, Henna, cut and highlighted my hair 65 euro. Helena gives nice reiki/massage. Professionals, recommended.
Value for money: 11000NOK for 3 weeks half board. Very good!
Recommended restaurants: Gorro Blanco on the beach for nice paella! Lunch in the Realmente Italian pizzeria on the beach. Good big coffee/tea/chocolate on la piazza on the beach. All this in annexo two.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Agaethe Park, higher up. toward southwest.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Fordingbridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

Recently returned from a great holiday with freinds at the Greenfield Hotel Playa del Ingles. The hotel is a little dated but clean and good value for money.Food was good, well prepared and presented. All staff were very nice and most helpful. In particular Kim De Beuckelaer the entertainments co-ordinator. Kim didn't stop, keeping both adults and children entertained thoughout the day and evening. She is without doubt a great asset to the hotel and made our holiday very memorable. Tammy and Suka in the Old Tavern were also very helpful. The 'one drink per person' reported on previous reviews, was not enforced once the staff got to know you.
Evening entertainment was okay but typical of a package holiday hotel. The pool is a good size and clean, although the rush at 8am to get a prime positioned sunbed by the pool is something that has to be seen to be believed. The poor pool attendant was nearly knocked over in the rush each morning. A good bit of holiday entertainment to watch! Martin the Sun Care adviser was on hand by the pool every day, giving good and helpful advice. Beaches are approx 10 minutes walk from the hotel, but you have to walk down about 100 steps to get there and the same back. Good exercise if you want to keep fit. You can also get there by road but will take longer.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Fordingbridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Before my review of the hotel and facilities I must mention how very pleased we were with the young lady Kim who was the entertainment co-ordinator during our stay . She was a human dynamo who never stopped working for the good of both adult and child guests . She certainly made our holiday memorable and is a great asset to the hotel .
Six of us stayed at the hotel between 06/11 and 20/11/13 on an all inclusive basis , and our first impression of the area of Playa del ingles and the property was that it looked tired and dated .Luckily although the hotel needs a little updating the attitude of all the staff more than compensated . Tammy and Suka in the Old Tavern made us very welcome and nothing was too much for them .The one glass per customer was necessary as several all inclusive customers were getting extra drinks to give to non all inc. guests . The one drink per person was not enforced once the staff got to know you were a group together .There is a saying that behaviour breeds behaviour , we were always pleasant to them and they reciprocated .
The restaurant was clean and tidy with crisp white tablecloths at all sittings . The food was varied and well cooked with a hearty breakfast always available to set you up for a day by the pool .
The daily sunbed stampede at 8am had to be seen to be believed , we have a video which has amazed and amused all of our friends who have seen it . A group of multi-nationals , at least 30 per day , gathered at the locked doors until the pool attendent unlocked them , they then ran up the two gangways to the pool , some ran to the left others to the right forming a pincer movement toward the much sought after all day sun soaked alcoves and beds . There were guest who shuffled around the hotel with walking sticks during the evening who could have give Usain Bolt a run for his money over the spint to the beds .
The evening entertainment was typical with a magician , guitarist , flamenco dancers etc so most evenings , especially the second week , we went out .
All in all we were very satisfied with our stay which as the title implies was very good value for money .

Room Tip: Back and front of the hotel are better than side rooms .
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Cowes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Very pleased with this hotel, booked for a quick blast of sun before the winter came!
Never stayed in the Irish area before - was very impressed with the hotel, most staff were very helpful, especially the reception couldn't do enough for you. Pool was lovely, perfect spot on sun trap! Food was a bit of a let down, always something to eat just not a massive range but when you go all inclusive what else do you expect. I'm sure we made up for it with the inclusive drinks! :) I would recommend this hotel to other people and would definitely stay there again. If you are going here please try the bar just outside the restaurant called Mulligans for a meal, reasonable price and lovely fresh food!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Chester, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I have recently been in this hotel for a week (14th-21st of Oct 2013) and I have to say it was great! Staff was very helpful and hard working. I've read the reviews about the drinks issues where u need to bring your glass back to get the next one. It is true but I can't see it as an issue. Food was great, always a nice selection and choice of meets salads, desserts etc. Pool was lovely, very big with a pool bar. Beach is only 5 mins walk away and is stunning. I would recommend going for a boat party if you're in to stuff like that. We've asked about it at the reception and within 20mins, the rep was in our hotel and sold us the tickets. It was so much fun. Overall holiday was 1 of the best I have ever had! I love canaries and I will definitely be going back. Green Field was a fab choice. We have e-mailed them a week before asking for a quiet room as in the front of the hotel was a bar that was open very late and the staff has sorted it out for us no problem so it's worth requesting a quiet room with a pool view.

Room Tip: request a quiet room with a pool view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
West Kilbride, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stayed here from 9 to 16 October, All Inclusive with my husband and 2 children (21 and 15). The staff with the exception of one friendly male receptionist and 2 serving staff (who rotated from the restaurant and the pool bar) were absolutely awful. My main comment is that in our personal experience and observations, guests were treated with contempt in general and I witnessed many examples of down right rudeness. Our worst experiences (apart from the general awful customer service), was the dreadful officious woman pool attendant (at least we think that's what she did by parading periodically around the pool fully clothed?!). On day one I sat on the edge of the small paddling pool with my drink to cool down (I say that as there was no indication that it was a children's pool) and saw her approach. To my amazement, she wiggled her finger for me to go to her as she was 'Tsk Tsking'. Of course I stayed where I was and she then shouted 'Here Missy'. It was reminiscent of primary school when I had been naughty! Apparently, you are not allowed drinks near the pool area which would be fine had there been any signage or at least a polite and subtle word. I continued to ignore her until she came over and made herself clear. A second occasion with this woman was when both my husband and I were cooling off in the same empty pool by paddling our feet, she approached us and told us, again loudly, that this pool was only for the children. We asked her where the signs were to indicate that and she just stomped off. The small pool very rarely had children in it and had there been any, we wouldn't have used it. I eventually complained to the manager about her behaviour and attitude and he seemed totally unsurprised and said that he would speak with her (a regular occurance I'm sure). One sign the hotel did display was the 'no towels on sunloungers' policy. A particular pet hate of mine, the hotel staff absolutely ignored this rule as there was a mad rush at 8 am when the pool gates opened and I actually saw people running to place towels on loungers and then leave! There were enough loungers (never wiped down in the week we were there) but not enough parasols. Some people even bought there own for the shade.

The one-drink, one-person policy was not adhered to in our experience and we never needed to return our plastic glasses to receive another drink. The bar staff even in October were fairly busy and had to make snacks for the 'paying' guest which meant that queues inevitably built up and there was no eye contact or basic customer service to acknowledge that people were waiting - you were basically just ignored until they were ready to serve you. Another point I raised with the hotel manager.

The hotel is very tired and the rooms are small but clean and would compare to a very shabby Premier Inn. You had what you needed but electric sockets pulled out when you removed appliances, the shower sprayed everywhere which soaked the floor everytime, pillows were like bricks and in my children's room, there were cigarette burns on the toilet seat. Ventilation in the toilet was a window into the corridor! There was air con, a fridge and 2-ring cooker and toaster. We were in rooms 212 and 214 which had no sun at all and was directly above the hotel bar which had live music most nights until 11 pm. The smoking lounge was also directly under our room and we had a view of the roof. We had emailed for a sea view (doesn't everyone), but were informed when we asked on arrival that they only had 2 sea view rooms in the hotel and 'they cost a fortune'. The 'fitness centre' was outside in a marquee-type tent, had basic resistance weights equipment but was very very shabby (taped seats, no inserts for weights on most machines etc), plus there was litter on the floor that was there for the week. My son found a gym in PDI near the Yumbo Centre

The restaurant was very canteen-like, dull and rather depressing. Food was plentiful and varied, but not good. Fresh fruit daily was always oranges and melon, and they served tinned pears and peaches and not as a dessert! Cooked food was fish, chicken and always pork but it was slathered by sauces and often luke warm and difficult to chew. We've stayed in AI hotels twice now (all 3 or 4*) and this one made us eat out regularly. You were also not allowed to take any food from the restaurant - one of their many rules. There was a small bar in the restaurant that you had to queue for drinks including beer and wine which in our previous experience was always self serve.

We were glad to leave and will definitely not return. The main issue is their customer service, although as I have noticed in previous TripAdvisor comments, there appears to be a different level of service for Spanish visitors. Language issue? Smiles, please and thank you's are pretty much universal language.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Green Field? Share your experiences!