We stayed at this hotel Jan/Feb 2012, I wrote a review and gave it 3 out of 5, so why the return? well we wanted a nice winter break , not too pricey but a bit of sunshine etc., and this hotel ticked all of our boxes, in a nice location just a stones throw from the beach, NO POOL BAR MUSIC, (it just gets on your nerves) and I want to hear the birds and the wind rushing through the trees and trickle of the water in the pools, far more relaxing The food was nice lots of choice fair enough it wasn't always perfect I recall meat on a skewer that was as tough as old boots but overall it was good and we were never dissapointed and eat as much as you like, the dining area is very pleasant and all of the hotel was none smoking but smoking was allowed at the pool bar and pool snack bar , the hotel is in our view very clean and our room with a sea view was spotless.
The average age of the guests was again well into the sixties with many in the 70-80 years young bracket, and the hotel was full so it shows just how popular it is, the entertainment is mainly light music , pianist, saxophonist , ballroom latin american dance type of thing with the odd variety act on some evenings , young teenagers will be lost here , perhaps ok for a nice young quiet family with toddlers.
The complex felt safe and secure , the pools are well kept the staff seemed a bit more helpful this year , I moaned about the misserable bar staff last year , the same staff are still working there but they seemed a bit more enthuisiastic this year
Get the bus from the airport you need a number 66 and you go upstairs to the bus station , the bus stop is outside the hotel and cost 7 euros for two of us !
Want a cheap night out and a laugh ? Get a cab to the Yumba centre , there is a bar that puts on a drag show all for the price of a pint or two and the cab was less than 5 euros, the show was very good and we enjoyed a good laugh , the language can be a little blue though and nothing starts there until about 10pm, so don't be too early.
And for a very pretty and quaint port get a bus to Puerto del Morgan , well worth a visit and lots of photo opportunities as the boats bob up and down in the harbour .
The weather for the end of Jan was good with some windy days but a swim in the sea is possible as is sun burn, so take care and have agood hol ..... Finaly the prom walk is nice but has some steep steps to climb , but people of all abilities managed it , TIME SHARE TOUTS haunt the prom walk as do some very assertive sales people, just keep walking don't speak to them or give them your hand to shake because they don't let go !!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beverly Park Hotel is a well known and popular establishment in Gran Canaria. Its spectacular situation next to Maspalomas dunes and in front of El Veril Beach invites its guests to take a bath in the Atlantic Ocean just 100 metres away. The beach promenade connects Beverly Park with the centre of Playa del Ingles offering plenty possibilities for day and evening entertainment as well as shopping facilites. It takes you about a 15 minutes walk to get there. The hotel, has 3 pools, 2 jacuzzis, gardens, tennis court, wellness and entertainment program day and night. It also has an apartments area with private pool and direct access to the promenade. And if desired, you can be booked on the All-Inclusive system It is a great choice if you look for a reasonable price-quality relation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline and Despegar.com so you can book your Beverly Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Beverly Park
- Beverly Park Playa Del Ingles
- Beverly Park Hotel Gran Canaria
- Beverly Park Hotel Playa Del Ingles, Gran Canaria