This hotel was very clean and conveniently located for the Yumbo Centre. The balcony got the sun most of the day and we preferred to sit there so we could easily go back in the room for water and shade. It was definitely worth spending a little more on this hotel, rather than staying in some of the dirt-cheap Playa del Ingles hotels.
The buffet breakfast was really good and varied - lots of different choices even for vegetarians like me. There was lots of fruit, nuts and cereals. No soy milk unfortunately, even though it is widely available to buy in the surrounding shops.
If you like a strawberry daiquiri, try one form the hotel bar - delicious.
Unfortunately when we arrived, our room wasn't ready. We walked into the room and it was the way the previous occupants had left it - NOT a nice first impression! We went back down to the reception where we had to sit and wait for an hour with no apology and the shop was closed for siesta so we couldn't get juice/water. It was not a nice welcome after being up since 4.30am. It would have been nice of the receptionist to at least offer us a glass of water.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sol Barbacán aparthotel is located in the tourism resort of Playa del Inglés. 500 m distance from the city center, 2 km from Playa del Inglés beach and golf courses, 6,5 km from Playa de Maspalomas beach, 15 km from the airport, 29 km from Puerto de Mogán, 30 km from Las Palmas, 77 km de Teror and 89 km from the Valle de Agaete valley. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Melia, Tingo, Otel, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Sol Barbacan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Sol Barbacan
- Sol Melia Playa Del Ingles
- Sol Barbacan Hotel Playa Del Ingles, Gran Canaria