What a fantastic hotel, beautiful clean rooms, superb food, the choice would satisfy all tastes and even the early 6pm sitting was fine and you never felt rushed. Evenwhen we arrived late, dinner was there for us which was great. The place was spotless and very few english guests, the pool area was beautiful with grat poolside service and a restaurant for lunch to which was very good value. The chmpagne sangrias are to die for. Definitely a chillout holiday and few children there althoguh my boys were quite happy to chill with us! Superb fersh fruit at breakfast you can eat really healthily here. The restaurant really made a fuss over my sons birthday - it was lovely. The entertainment was quite samey and some acts were better than others but generally good and varied. The only downside was the fact that the hotel clearly stated that you could not reserve sunbeds on their signs and literature however the rules were not enforced and we had to join the hoards that flocekd to the pool at early dawn to 'bag a bed'. The staff seemed oblivious to this which was a shame. there were beds free in the afternoon though when people moved, just a shame you have to get up early on your holidays so that your family can sit together. This was the only gripe however. We would definitely return, and you must take heatproof shoes for the dunes - they are very hot and exhausting in the day, you are better off taking a taxi to the beach to save your energy. Nice walk along front to playa del ingles about half hour. If you do get fed up of the hotel and need to break away for a night, melonares has some fantastic restaurants.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Playa del Ingles. Next to the Maspalomas sand dunes. 4-Storey building. Colonial-style architecture. 28,000 M2 of subtropical gardens. 800 M from the beach. 2 Km from the city centre. 500 M from various shops. 30 Km from the airport. 50 M from a bus stop. Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Diners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Venere and Despegar.com so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Maspalomas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Maspalomas Hotel Playa Del Ingles
- Hotel Riu Palace Maspalomas Playa Del Ingles, Gran Canaria