We have just returned from a great holiday at the Sandy Beach Hotel. My wife and I were greeted at reception and were treated very well with a glass of champagne each. Check in was very quick and our bags were taken to our room a few minutes later. We arrived at the hotel at 2300 but were given a light snack of cheese dried ham and fruit /yogurt in our room. We were in the ground floor and had a garden view. Our room was actually under the swimming pool but was cool and we had no real complaints as you could hear a pin drop it was that quite at night. The rooms were cleaned daily but we have mixed feelings on the depth and quality of the cleaning. We did notice debris lying in the corridor for about three days including a cigarette end. The other floors were immaculate, so maybe we had a lazy cleaner on our floor. All the cleaners and staff are very friendly in the Hotel and special mention should be made to Nereida in the pool bar, Viera in the main bar and Emilio in the outside bar. All were very good and very approachable. The meals were very good and you even get Champagne for breakfast but not Dom Perignon!!!!. Only joking. The only improvement would be to get a rotary toaster for the hotel as the ones they have are small pair holding 8 bits of toast. The pool area is great and there are no problems getting a bed up to midday. The ppol men will supply you with clean towels and mattresses upon request. There is a deposit for the towels but is refunded on a token basis. The only other charge is for the safe at 28 euros for two weeks. Some people still insisted to queue for beds at 0845 when the pool opened!!! We could not understand why? The entertainment was good with a resident band playing each night until the scheduled entertainment at 2200. This went on till 2300. We had acrobats / Magicians and singers come in along with dancers. The Il Trio opera singers were excellent. The hotel is a 5 min stroll from the back door of the hotel which requires your door access card to operate the lift and to get back in by electronic sliding glass doors. You can haggle for trips at the roundabout on the beach. We managed 70 euros for two on the Sagitarius Star boat which was All inclusive for botth of us with free snorkels and free banana boat ride. Jet ski was extra. We also went on the Bahia Cat which was not as good as you could not lay down to sunbath. We also did the island tour all day including lunch for 58 euros which was very good value as it includes a visit to the Rum Distillery at Aracus. One last thing to note is that be wary of the timeshare sellers at the roundabout by the beach even when they tell you it is not. DO NOT FOLLOW THEM. Also if you are easily shocked be wary if you walk on the beach towards the sandunes as there is a nudist beach which people do mingle with as they walk down to the beach. We did wonder why the beach was busy with walkers!!! Anyway this was a great holiday with good memories and new friends made. Well done to all the staff at the Seaside Sandy Beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Seaside Sandy Beach is situated in the centre of Playa del Inglés at just 200 metres from the beach. In the surrounding area there are numerous commercial centres for shopping, entertainment and to enjoy the lively night-life. The hotel offers a choice of sunbathing terraces, set around the large heated fresh-water pool, which is equipped with seats and beds with massage jets and a waterfall, in which to relax. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com and Despegar.com so you can book your Seaside Sandy Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seaside Sandy Beach Hotel Playa Del Ingles
- Seaside Hotel Playa Del Ingles
- Seaside Sandy Beach Playa Del Ingles, Gran Canaria