This was my 3rd time in Gran Canaria having previously stayed in Maspalomas. I travelled with my wife, her sister and her partner. We arrivied at the hotel around 10pm, we were not offered a welcome drink, nor were we offered for our luggage to be taken to our rooms. Slightly disappointing considering other reviews.
A reasonably large room with balcony, two single beds pushed together, coffee and tea making facilities, hair dryer, tv, a large wardrobe and a large bathroom with shower only. The room was decorated to a decent standard however the pillows were absolutely awful! If you require a safe this will set you back 14e.
This was one of the hotels biggest let downs for me. Very rarley were there any decent acts on. I spent two of the seven nights eduring some sort of fashion show with models of a more mature age walking up and down terrace showing off locally made dresses. Not how a 27old wishes to spend his evenings, and I think the older German couples were of the same opinion. However it quickly became a joke to clap people returning from the toilet walking down the catwalk rather than watching the actual fashion show.
In most cases the bar staff were pleasant. However there were occasions when some staff were very ignorant especially when it came to getting a drink around the pool.
At meal times expect to have to ask several times in order to get a drink order processed.
However,my group tipped several staff and like the flick of switch it changed and we had more drinks on our table as soon as we had finished the others.
Plenty of variety. Excellent standard and not a bad word to say. The chefs were very pleasant and very quick to take your order. However, in the evening you felt rushed to eat your meal and vacate the table due to volume of guests and the limited number of tables on the terrace.
Unless you get up at the crack of dawn, dont expect to get sunbed by the pool. The pool area is clean, tidy and you can relax without any foreign music playing at 100 decibels.
Would I stay again? Maybe, but I don't think I'll be heading back to gran canaria in a hurry
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Seaside Sandy Beach is situated in the centre of Playa del Inglés at just 200 metres from the beach. In the surrounding area there are numerous commercial centres for shopping, entertainment and to enjoy the lively night-life. The hotel offers a choice of sunbathing terraces, set around the large heated fresh-water pool, which is equipped with seats and beds with massage jets and a waterfall, in which to relax. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Seaside Sandy Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seaside Sandy Beach Hotel Playa Del Ingles
- Seaside Hotel Playa Del Ingles
- Seaside Sandy Beach Playa Del Ingles, Gran Canaria