Having arrived at about 11pm in the hotel after a flight delay, our first impression was not great as our allocated rooms were not pool view, as paid for in advance. We returned to reception only to be told that the hotel was full and that nothing could be done that evening. However within half an hour we received a phone call to inform us pool view rooms would be available to us the following day from around 11am. We reported to reception as requested and were issued with new key cards and before we new it hotel staff had whisked our luggage to our new location. Not only that we received a refund for the the one night we didn't have our pool view. The situation was dealt with fuss free, and in my opinion very professionally thus redeeming the situation.
RECEPTION - Even on the initial first night glitch, they could not be criticised. Always efficient, friendly, smiley and pleasant. You can't ask for any more
ROOM - Large, clean and well maintained. Plenty of storage and electrical points every where. Shower also worth a mention because it was superb. Oh almost forgot really comfy bed.
FOOD+RESTAURANT - Always plenty of choice, prepared to the highest standard and most importantly in my opinion, PIPING HOT.
The outside restaurant however could get really busy at times in the evening and this is caused by the lack of seating elsewhere for people to move on to after dining. It is difficult to see a solution if clientele insist on sitting at their table all night even after finishing their meal thus not allowing incoming diners anywhere to be seated.
I am sure however the excellent hands on management team will find a solution.
DRINKS - Good quality spirits and mixers, with the usual Tropical Beer on tap which was always refreshingly cold. Though I didn't have many, the coffee that I did have on occasion was excellent. Bar service at times could be a little slow but this was down to staff being friendly with customers and not just throwing drinks at you during busy times. In my opinion can't be too critical for that reason and would rather wait a few minutes and be greeted with a smiling face when you were next to be served.
POOL/TERRACE - Hotel was quite full when we were there but we never had a problem getting sun beds. The pool guys work really hard all day getting you comfy by providing mattresses and sun shades at your request. The pool at first seems to be on the small side but is deceptively large because of its shape. We were in it every day and at no point did it ever feel overcrowded.
LOCATION - Excellent location for the beach, shops, bars etc. Although all these amenities were close by, the hotel never suffers from disturbance from external noise.
All in all we had a great time and will probably return there in the future. Although not perfect, the friendliness and hard working ethic of the staff, from maid to management are commendable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Seaside Sandy Beach is situated in the centre of Playa del Inglés at just 200 metres from the beach. In the surrounding area there are numerous commercial centres for shopping, entertainment and to enjoy the lively night-life. The hotel offers a choice of sunbathing terraces, set around the large heated fresh-water pool, which is equipped with seats and beds with massage jets and a waterfall, in which to relax. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Seaside Sandy Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seaside Sandy Beach Hotel Playa Del Ingles
- Seaside Hotel Playa Del Ingles
- Seaside Sandy Beach Playa Del Ingles, Gran Canaria