“Great value for money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Aparthotel Buenos Aires

You added Aparthotel Buenos Aires to your Saves list
Aparthotel Buenos Aires
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avda Alfereces Provisionales 29, 35100 Playa del Ingles, Gran Canaria, Spain   |
Ranked #10 of 139 Hotels in Playa del Ingles
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

We stayed here for seven nights and really enjoyed it. The hotel is right next to the yumbo which is great if you plan on hitting the bars and clubs there. The rooms were clean and well maintained. This is a great hotel to stay in if you are on a budget, you definitely get value for money. We had a room on the top floor and the only downside was that the wifi was not always reliable.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Laura I, CM at Aparthotel Buenos Aires, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thank you so much for you review!
I´m happy reading that you have enjoyed your time here.

Regarding the WiFi, we know it works better on the balcony and downstairs in front of the reception, however, sometimes it also works inside the rooms.
So, sorry if couldn´t get good signal.

If you want to come back, sometime, you can email me to: laura@grupomur.com

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Finnish first
Castleblayney
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Stayed here about 2 weeks ago maybe, for a week , I read loads of great reviews about this hotel so I thought let's go for it. My flight was at night time and i got to the hotel at about 3/4 in the day , when I got there I was quite disappointed that I had to wait like an hour for my room when every one else was getting one but us. That annoyed me so much , plus I was really tired from the flight which made it worse , the pool gets shaded early enough during the day , most apartments get no sun on the balcony. Beds are not comfy but they do they job . Bit noisy at night , some staff were rude to us but most were REALLY friendly. Room is cleaned daily (apparently) although the cleaners didn't come to our room for 3 days . It's a decent hotel , it's beside the yumbo centre so that's exciting , very good during the night. I wouldn't come back here again though

Stayed July 2014
Laura I, CM at Aparthotel Buenos Aires, responded to this review, July 29, 2014

I think it is important to know what would you imporve or how was your stay, so definitely, thank you.

If you need anythig you can write me an email whenever you need and I will answer you asap.
My emial: laura@grupomur.com

Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I stayed here exactly one year ago (July 2013) and have been meaning to write a review. I travelled with my partner and we had the most amazing time in Gran Canaria and this hotel definitely helped towards this experience! We stayed on the second floor in one of the very end rooms. I love the fact that all of the balconies over look the pool area and the room sizes are really generous. They are like mini apartments- perfect for couples! We went self catering and there was plenty of space and amenities for us to cook, although there are so many affordable places to eat that we did eat out the majority of the time we were there. The pub directly opposite did a lovely breakfast and we visited there nearly every morning. The lady who worked outside was really helpful pointing out places to go/things to do, so keep your eyes peeled for her!

The location is great - right by the Yumbo centre. This was a really good laugh of an evening with plenty of bars to visit. My partner prefers a quiet drink in a bar with some entertainment so there were plenty of bars to suit him here but if you're looking for a crazier night with lots of dancing the kasbah night life won't disappoint! This is about a 15 minute walk away from the hotel at the most so not far at all! There are also great transport links near by. We got the bus to the wildlife park from literally round the corner from the hotel and it was really easy to work out what route to get and the times.

The hotel itself is really clean and tidy too, I have a massive phobia of bugs and heard the canary islands are particularly bad for flying cockroaches so I was really worried about this before coming but I am happy to say I didn't see anything like that at all in the hotel or anywhere else in Gran Canaria for that matter!

The pool was nice and warm and never overcrowded and there was always a free sun lounger which was good considering we visited in the middle of the summer season. The only negative was the pool tables at the pool bar were out of order which was a shame but not a big deal!!

This hotel will always be special to me as my partner proposed to me right on our hotel balcony! I highly recommend it to any couples looking for a fun and romantic holiday with plenty of sunshine and cocktails!

Room Tip: We had a room on the very end of the hotel so had a bigger balcony.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Laura I, CM at Aparthotel Buenos Aires, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
What a good notice:) I´m happy reading that your partner proposed you at Buenos Aires!
We hope to see you for many years here:)

Anyhitng you need just let me know: laura@grupomur.com

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

I travelled in April and have been meaning to write a review. Staff were exceptional nothing was ever too much ( even down to the day I had a sore throat and the bar man made me the best honey and fresh lemon drink which soothed it immediately). Great location next to yumbo centre that has amazing restaurants and bars. €3 cabs to China White and Pascha nightclubs. I would have loved some music by the pool but my boyfriend had his tablet with the free wifi so can't complain. Kitchen had everything you could think of in it so I could make a nice lunch if we weren't at the beach. We went to Peurto Rico for a day also- beach there was amazing. The decor was slightly tired but as it was clean and for the price it was perfect for what we needed. Loved the balconys to have coffee and a ciggy in the morning. Perfect trip perfect holiday.....

• Stayed April 2014
Laura I, CM at Aparthotel Buenos Aires, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Thank you so muc for your review!
I´m happy if you enjoyed your time at Buenos Aires:)

If you have any question or if you want to come back, please, wirte me whenever you want!
My email: laura@grupomur.com

I will help you with anything you need.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

An excellent week in this self catered accommodation. Great location next to Yumbo Centrum. Well appointed rooms although I didn't use the self cater kitchen provisions. Great poolside, clean, well kept, and without any annoying music blasting at all hours. Only loses one mark for my corridor being really noisy when the cleaning staff collect equipment and move around the hotel at 8am. Will definitely stay here again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Laura I, CM at Aparthotel Buenos Aires, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Thank you so much for leaving your comment!

I´m happy reading that you want to come back:)
We hope to see you soon again and for anything you need just write me an email: laura@grupomur.com

Wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I stayed in the Buenos Aires during the last week of June and the first week of July. I had previously viewed many hotels on Trip Advisor - looking to book a room. After reading the reviews, I had this feeling that ‘ this is the place to stay ’ and I was not wrong. I had booked half board, and upon arrival ( 22.00 ), apart from the welcome greeting by the receptionist, when the waitress appeared with a tray full of covered food - they had noticed that I had not visited the dining room for my evening meal. I was so pleased and it was very welcome.

My room was just as the advertised photographs, and I immediately turned on my laptop ( which fitted into the large safe ), and the connection was good - even in the sitting area. The whole two weeks the connection never failed. The lady cleaners were most hospitable, as were all the other staff, from the reception team, bar and waitress staff ( I am deliberately not naming anyone, as there was no-one that did not provide a smile and a Hola ). As mentioned I was half board - but the breakfast was until 12 noon and the evening dinner between 18.00 and 21.00 hours. I tend to eat later and visited the dining room at 20.00 - the food was still plentiful, and a marvellous selection of starters, main course - and a yummy sweet counter. On my last night, I asked the waiter if I could speak with the Chef - to whom I wished to thank personally, for not just the cooking of the food, but also the presentation on the various food counters. He told me that he had been the Chef for over 14 years - excellent.

My only concern was with the towels and other items being left on the pool beds over night. The first week there was nothing, the second, there were many beds left with towels etc. The guy ( who I never met, only saw him from the balcony ) stacking the beds would just leave them and not stack, or he would stack the beds and leave the items on the top bed - and next day no-one would use that particular stack of chairs - which resulted in ‘ their reserved area ’ for the next day. What needs to happen, is that the guy should just place the towels etc., on the side of the pool area, or even by the children’s play equipment to get the point over !

The above is the only negative point, which to be honest, I am sorry to provide, as everything in the Buenos Aires was superb. Thank you for a really enjoyable two weeks - and I look forward to my next visit to Gran Canaria - when I will definitely stay again in the Buenos Aires.

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Laura I, CM at Aparthotel Buenos Aires, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Thank you so much for leaving your review!
I´m happy reading that your expectation were right and you enjoyed your time at Buenos Aires!

I didn´t understand the explanation with the towel guy, you can contact me if you want and we can talk about it: my email: laura@grupomur.com

And of course, for your next stay don´t hesitate in contact me, I will try to help you in anything I can:)

Bimingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Stopped here on room only basis . Prompt bookin upon arrival , very clean room . Had drinks by pool bar , really well priced considering how much some hotels charge . . Lots of sunbeds available although you did get some who chose to wake at 6 to put towels on beds , not needed. Rooms cleaned each day during our stop . Had breakfast here on our final morning and it was great . All inclusive buffet style for 7 euros , lots of freshly cooked food plus the normal cereals , drinks , fruits , cold meats etc . Plus you get free wi fi . As far as value goes this is possibly the best place we have stayed in PDI . Nearly forgot , only a minute walk from Yumbo and yet you get get any issues with noise . Great place !

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Laura I, cm at Aparthotel Buenos Aires, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Thank you so much for leaving your review!
If you want to come back just wirte me an email I will try to help you in anything I can:)

My email: laura@grupomur.com

Thanks a lot.

Best, Laura

Been to Aparthotel Buenos Aires? Share your experiences!