“All ways a great holiday” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Neptuno Gran Canaria

Save Saved
You added Hotel Neptuno Gran Canaria to your Saves list
Hotel Neptuno Gran Canaria
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avda. Alfeceres Provisionales, 29, 35100 Playa del Ingles, Gran Canaria, Spain   |
Ranked #13 of 139 hotels in Playa del Ingles
Brighton, United Kingdom
“All ways a great holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

Would recommend this hotel to anybody stayed here 8 year in a row.Staff are friendly, very clean and good food. Plenty of sun beds around a very nice pool which is cleaned every night as is the pool side.Close to the sea & shops and if you like a good night life its right there only 5 mins away some thing for every one..

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Laura I, CM at Hotel Neptuno Gran Canaria, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Thank you so much for leaving your review and being such a good guest, after 8 year in row!
I hope to meet you on your next visit:)

Looking forward to having you here soon:)
If you need anything, please, don´t hesitate to contact me by emial: laura@grupomur.com

645 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

After wanting to stay in this hotel for such a very long time, I am glad I can now say that I have. On arrival, I got a glass of bubbly and the cheery Spanish receptionist informed me that she used to live in my home city of Glasgow. The room was bright and clean but as my room was on the side of the hotel, I had to endure the noise of the bins being emptied regularly from below.
I picked the full board package. The breakfast laid out was good quality but the ambience of the restaurant had a slightly dated 1970's feel for me. For the evening meal, you are forced sit next to people at a table for the whole duration of your stay. I really didn't like this set up but I was lucky enough that we were allocated to sit next to a nice couple from London. If you didn't like the people, it could make your nightly dining experience quite unpleasant as the seating is quite compact.
I would return to this hotel but only on a bed and breakfast package as I don't really appreciate being forced to sit next to anyone when eating an evening meal. That is the only negative I can say about this very central hotel location as everything else for this 4 star was more than adequate.

Room Tip: Try and get an upper central pool facing room
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Laura I, CM at Hotel Neptuno Gran Canaria, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Thank you so much for leaving your comment.
And thank you for coming and choosing us as your hotel to spend your holidays.

I know sometimes is strange to have dinner close to people, but if you don´t feel confortable esityou can always talk with the manager and change your place.

I hope you have had enjoyed your holidays and we hope to see you soon:)

If you need anything don´t hesitate to contact me by email: laura@grupomur.com

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

We really love this hotel and now return twice a year - we've also sold it to our friends and they are now regulars too. As previous reviewers have said the hotel is being upgraded - the new patio doors were great and we didn't hear a peep from the Yumbo at night.

However we did feel that on some nights the evening meal was not as good as it used to be - but this certainly won't put us off returning in March.

Room Tip: Top floor is always our choice
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for leaving your review.
Regarding the evening meal I will send your opinion and I will be aware of it.

Thank you again.
If you need anything please contact me whenever you need.
Laura@grupomur.com

Looking forward to see you soon:)
Best wishes
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

This is a really nice hotel in Playa del Ingles. It’s probably worth 4.5 stars but I’ll round up to 5 :) We stayed here a couple of years ago, and were very happy to return.

There are lots of great things: especially the staff. Everyone is extremely friendly (borderline eccentric) - especially the lovely omelette-lady who makes breakfasts and our crazy maid who popped into the room whilst we were sleeping to fluff the pillows.

The rooms are very clean; the pool area is a sun-trap; and also the Neptuno has the fastest free hotel Wifi of any place I’ve stayed in the world (!).

They are also generous with freebies - you get a glass of cava on arrival and a glass of sangria at the poolside at midday.

Some things could be improved. The buffet food is generally very good but the restaurant itself is crowded and needs a full refurb and installation of air-conditioning. Vegetarian food choices are limited.

I loved staying at the Neptuno. However, I think that the recent refurbishment of the adjacent Riu Don Miguel - which now targets exactly the same guests at Neptuno - might make that hotel better value for money. I hope the Neptuno team look at the competition and raise their game a little so they remain at number 1 :)

Room Tip: We did email to ask for adjoining rooms, but they never responded to the email, so I'm not sure...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Laura I, CM at Hotel Neptuno Gran Canaria, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank you so much for leaving your review.
Definitely the staff is really important in our hotel. They are really special and tthey take care a lot of all the costumers at Neptuno.
They make you feel at home.

Regarding the refurbushment, we are keeping on track of it, we have changed already many things and we are working on it, little by little:)

Thank you so much for your comment, it makes us to grow and improve things.

If you need anything, please contact me by emial: laura@grupomur.com

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

I stayed at the Neptuno hotel for 5 nights over new year. The hotel is well located for the Yumbo Centre, the rooms are spacious and the food fine for an all inclusive deal.
However, it was the worst case of reserving pool loungers I have ever seen. By 6am there was not one un reserved lounger by the pool. People are putting towels down at 5 am and then going back to bed only to not use their reserved lounger until much later. This is appalling and the management did nothing to prevent it. It is caused by having pool towels and mattresses in the room and so the guests have control.
I complained about this to the front desk who said that they were aware of the problem but could not stop it.. This is not good enough as it spoils the holiday having to either get up before 6 am or not be able to sit by the pool
The only way to stop this is for management to insist that only their towels are used and that these are only available from the pool attendant who will remove any lounger not used for more than 30 minutes. Other hotels seem to do this and it works
The current stay was spolied by selfish guests who reserve thier places by the pool and management who allow them to do it.
Go somewhere else if you want a stress free day in the sun by the pool

Room Tip: Face the pool area and not close to the noisy pool maintenance room
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Laura I, CM at Hotel Neptuno Gran Canaria, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
I´m really sorry about it...
I hope you could enjoy the rest of your holidays.

I will write an email regarding your coment and the towels issue to push it and end it up.

Thank you.

If you need anything, please don´t hesitate to contact me: laura@grupomur.com

Best wishes for this new year.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

We have visited the Neptuno Hotel over 16 times now so they must be doing something right. Its a good european 4 star hotel with very friendly staff and by and large a good mix of guests although this time the mix seemed slightly different. Don’t think we have ever been frowned upon by other guests in our lives for having a Christmas Day beer at 11am around the pool in the sun but we were this time!

The all inclusive upgrade remains excellent value so if you do this there are a few things to note. Firstly there are no arm bands and you just sign for what you have had. Many people think you are being charged but your not its just their system. Also if you have a late flight you can still use the all inclusive option at lunch until you leave which I think is a wonderful attribute to the hotel.

For dinner there are two sittings 6.30pm and 8.30pm. Me and my partner usually go in for dinner about 9pm after the queue of eagerly awaiting guests have gone down who are waiting to be assigned their table for the duration of their stay. The maitre’d in the restaurant is excellent and will assist you if you need to make a change and nothing is ever too much trouble.

The team who run the pool bar are also very friendly and offer a full menu up to 4pm each day. They are a lovely team and always make you feel looked after. The house white wine has changed and is now a white rioja which is 2% more alcohol than their previous offering which explained a few things ! Overall I thought the evening food was not as good as previous visits and on some nights was I thought disappointing.

The rooms are a reasonable size and the ones overlooking the pool are really lovely especially on the side that gets the sun in the evening. The hotel kindly gave us our requested room which I would like to thank them for. They also supplied dressing gowns , slippers, wine and fruit, such a nice touch. You can email the hotel to request a room but of course they can’t guarantee it but inbox me if you want the hotel email address.

After witnessing a slight incident in the restaurant on Christmas Day I would urge the hotel to review their first aid procedures as accidents can happen to guests and you can't always just depend on the goodwill of other guests.

Bar service in the evening is run by an excellent team and we always get looked after.

In the winter the sun covers half the pool so I am afraid it it true that you need to get up early to get a sun bed in the sun however by and large there were enough sunbeds. The hotel pool is very well shielded from the wind and therefore becomes a bit of sun trap.

The hotel reception staff are by and large very friendly although be prepared for a wait if its busy as very often there is only one member of staff on duty. If you're of a make it happen now disposition this could drive mad. There is a room to store luggage on the last day.

Overall the hotel neptuno provides a very enjoyable stay and the staff very friendly and helpful. I have booked to go again in March. Thanks Neptuno!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Really thank you for such a review!
Our goal as an hotel is make you feel at home, comfortable and happy. Make the most of your holidays, as we know the holidays is something really special for the people.
I will spread the word with the dinner, you said that something was not good as previus visits, for your next stay everything will be perfect:)

Thank you again, if you need anything please don´t hesitate to contact me anytime, laura@grupomur.com

Looking forward to meetyou in March:)

Best wishes for this new year.

Folkestone, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

Have stayed at the Neptuno many times over the last 8 years, would never consider another hotel. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful, and most of them have been there for years so this is also a good sign. The food was excellent, of course if you are there for a long period there are duplications of the menu, but this is to be expected. Rooms are very clean and well looked after, and each time we visit more updating has been carried out. This time they were renewing all the double glazing, a major operation, and the balcony furniture which had been looking rather tired had been replaced. We always ask for a top floor room, and have always got it, thus avoiding any noise from the Yumbo. Cannot wait to get back there!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Neptuno Gran Canaria? Share your experiences!