“Wonderful relaxing stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Neptuno Gran Canaria

You added Hotel Neptuno Gran Canaria to your Saves list
Hotel Neptuno Gran Canaria
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avda. Alfeceres Provisionales, 29, 35100 Playa del Ingles, Gran Canaria, Spain   |
Ranked #19 of 137 Hotels in Playa del Ingles
Certificate of Excellence 2014
East Midlands
“Wonderful relaxing stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I went for a weeks getaway with my mother. We switched last minute to this hotel and are so glad we did.
It is an adults only hotel and is in a great location. It is 10 mins from the beach and I enjoyed quite a few early morning strolls along the beach before breakfast - there were always lots of people out walking/jogging so felt very safe.
The food at the hotel was great - I managed to eat healthily all week and had some nice choices. The salads were fantastic and meal times were 8 to 11am, 1pm to 4pm and then either 6.30pm or 8.30pm for dinner. We also got to have an evening meal on our check out day which was a bonus as we had a night flight.
Hotel is lovely and clean and staff are really friendly.
The gym is on the lower floor and had a treadmill, couple of bikes, couple of cross trainers, two benches a small selection of free weights and some fixed weights so plenty to get a good workout in. The gym opened at 8am and closed at 10pm.
We met some great people there and would definitely go back.

Room Tip: Pool view is nice as other side is a main road
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Laura I, Community Manager at Hotel Neptuno Gran Canaria, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for your great review and thank you for spend your holidays with us.

Every Wednesday we publish our best offer of the week on our social media channels, if you want to book your next holidays, maybe you should check it:)

For anything else you need, please do not hesitate to contact me whenever you need: laura@grupomur.com

Laura

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
Ipswich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

This was our second visit to this great Adults Only Hotel. Still can`t fault it. The lovely friendly staff remembered us from our previous visit two years ago.
We had a lovely warm welcome when we checked in with a glass of bubbly. We like the "named" brands of drinks behind the bar ... not just the local drinks.
Pool area nice and clean and quiet..
A great hotel for couples looking for a quiet place. There are quiet a few gay and lesbian couples there too ..
The hotel is next to the Yumbo Center which is very lively at night, but as we were out most nights this wasn`t a problem to us.
Looking forward to visiting again ..
Only one slight down side on this visit which was only one of the lifts working for most of the week, apart form that ... Great .. Thanks

Room Tip: We had a room overlooking the pool.... nice view.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Laura I, Community Manager at Hotel Neptuno Gran Canaria, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Thank you for your review.
We are glad that you have enjoyed your holidays here and with us.

If you are thinking in coming back, do not hesitate to contact me directly: laura@grupomur.com
Every Wednesday we publish our best offer of the week on the social media channels and our website: www.murhotels.com

Thank you very much.
Guildford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

This was our 3rd stay at the Neptuno and 3rd visit to the Island. Although there are some very minor areas for improvement my partner and I would recommend this hotel to other couples (straight and gay) who want to find a relaxing and attentive environment which is VALUE for money.

The staff are amazing at this hotel, we've yet to encounter a member of the reception, bar and restaurant staff who are not able to speak at least 3 languages. It surprises me to find reviews where staff are criticised as we were able to have a little bit of a laugh and joke with almost everyone we encountered who worked at the hotel. The only criticism we had was that on the last leg of the holiday the maid very kindly took our bathrobes for cleaning, mistakenly leaving behind only 1 despite there being 2 of us - this was however speedily resolved after a passing remark to one of the staff.

The Pool -
The pool terrace is plenty big enough for the guests who wish to lounge about and soak up the sun. Yes, some people (despite the management's discouragement) got up early and reserved sun-loungers, however this always bemused us as there was always plenty of loungers available. They also have a slide near the pool for those of us who are still big kids. On occasion we were treated to a complimentary and refreshing glass of Sangria. You could very easily, and happily, spend half or more of your stay relaxing near the pool. There is a minor road behind the hotel but rarely will you be disturbed as there is such little traffic and the speed restrictions mean that you probably wouldn't even notice any.

The Restaurant
We opted for bed, breakfast and the 'free dinner'. (I'm not sure about the meaning of 'free', we booked with expedia and had to pay only a little more for this free option). The restaurant reserves a table for the duration of your stay which it appears from other reviews that some other guests who have stayed here disliked. I'm not sure why this might be a problem, I appreciated knowing that we always had a table when we went for dinner. We even decided to swap tables a good 4-5 times as we dined with some friends also stayed at the hotel. When we wanted a bigger table, we were always given one - no fuss whatsoever.

The Food
If you're trying to maintain your beach body, there is a generous and varied selection of salad from the salad bar, I kept this up for 4 days before I was lured away by the hot and freshly cooked food on the other side of the restaurant. My only dislike was the frequency that veal was served (however putting my ethical views aside - there was ALWAYS a number of other options available). You were also treated to a selection of puddings and deserts. There is a similar set-up at breakfast, a wide selection of cereals, baked products, fruit and yoghurt or, if you could stomach it from the partying the night before, you could have freshly fried bacon, eggs... too much nice food to list!

Proximity to the Yumbo
The Yumbo does offer family orientated places to eat, drink and be entertained. You must remember that Gran Canaria is one of the world's top gay resorts, you should expect that the majority of bars and restaurants (whilst they may welcome families and straight couples) are marketed at gay and lesbian tourists. There are a small handful of venues that are adult only - families should be aware of this - we did encounter another English family who seemed appalled by the sight of drag queens... I dread to think what they would have thought about the 'Barenhole' et al...

If you're not 'all inclusive' as we were, you're likely to spend many evenings here, it was very convenient to be able to enter the rear gate with our key card. This meant as soon as we wanted to go back to the hotel - it took literally 60 seconds before we were back in the hotel. On a related note - we were tempted to opt into the 'all-inclusive' offer, you really can 'get your money's worth' on this deal. We chose not to go all-inclusive since we didn't want to be tied down to the hotel (which you probably would do when everything was included) as there are some really nice places for nights out (a bar called 'On the Sea' in San Agustin makes particularly good cocktails).

In our first year we were a little exasperated by the noise from the Yumbo (the hotel did, and continues to) provide ear plugs. However in the past 2-3 years something has changed. It is now relatively quiet past 2am. If you close you balcony doors you're unlikely to hear anything at all.

The Rooms & Cleaning
I know that American tourists are used to enormous suits and are often disappointed by European hotels. In my view the rooms were perfectly adequate. You are given ample room for a bed, seating and reasonably spacious en suite and a very airy balcony/terrace. The wardrobes are large! Each day (despite sometimes waking up... 'very late') our room was cleaned to a very high standard, I remember tearing off a plastic tag from a new T-shirt bought for the holiday, although I disposed of the tag I found a tiny slither of plastic which I recall placing 'out of the way' - just to see if there was a 'limit' to where the maids clean - when we came back later that evening it had been disposed of. High quality cleaning!

My minor criticisms of the room (I believe are in the process of being taken care of) are:
The TV is very much orientated towards the German guests - a disappointment but understandable as on average there is a majority of German guests (and there are a few English language channels).
The room (bathroom) is a little tired and could do with being refitted. Nothing majorly wrong (no leaking pipes or huge cracks) they are just starting to show their age and are in need of refreshment, particularly given the 4 star status that hotel has.

The hotel advertises as 'adults only' on their website and I notice other reviewers write about taking their children. We have never stayed at the Neptuno whilst there have been children however their 'adults only' policy is a big attraction. I am a teacher and in the Summer I appreciate a break from being around kids. I think I would be very unhappy if we arrived at the hotel and found families staying there. this is after all a big selling point of the hotel, and the only thing that would make me reconsider this as THE place I want to stay when I next visit Gran Canaria.

In summary - I wouldn't stay anywhere else whilst in Gran Canaria!

Room Tip: Request a room facing the pool terrace - these are much quieter than the rooms at the sides of the h...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Really thank you for your review. Evrything really explained. Thank you very much.

Regarding the bathrooms, it is a work in progress, we are changing the bathrooms.
I will spread the word with the TV issue, of course we need to satisfy all of our clients, English, Germans, Spanish, Italian...I will keep it in mind.

Really thank you again.
Keep in touch, if you need anything, please contact me: laura@grupomur.com

Lincoln, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Well what can I say, this is a fantastic place for a holiday, especially if like me you are transgendered.

This was my very first holiday en femme for 2 weeks and from begging to end was an experience i will never forget.

The hotel itself was of a very good standard, like others the only critiscism i could have is my bathroom was outdated and i need of bringing up to standard, but i understood from others that this was a work in progress as other guests bathrooms were excellent. A nice to have would be somewhere to plug in your iphone or ipod so that you can have your own music during your stay as in other hotels of this standard i have come across.

Staff were supremely polite and courteous and treated me with dignity and respect and you could certainly have a laugh and banter with them, 10 out of 10 for the staff. The maids were very good and tackled the 'tranny bomb' in my room everyday and left all of my stuff much more orderly then when i left it in the mornings and the room was always spotless by the time i returned from the pool.

The food was of an excellent standard, especially for an all inclusive resort. At other all inclusive hotels i have always found the choice of food to be limited, but here this wasnt the case. Plenty of choice for just about every taste for breakfast, lunch time and dinner and the food is cooked by chefs in front of you for breakfast and dinner, lunch is prepared to order too, so you always know you are getting quality. The all inclusive deal is well worth the money and represented excellent value for money.

The pool was the best temperature of any pool i have tried on holiday cool enough to be refreshing but didnt cause you to gasp when you initially got in.

Proximity to the Yumbo centre is another strong point, has its own secure 'key only' gate at the rear and litterally seconds from the hotel you have bars, clubs, and eating establishments if you fancy a break from the hotel one evening.

I will strongly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for relaxation, quality and a 'kids free' time when on holiday and if you are considering your first holiday en femme, if transgendered like me, you will find this an extremely comfortable place to be. To add to this i was the only trans person there during my stay and never once was I made to feel uncomfortable.

The other guests were fabulous, a great mix of lesbian, gay and straight people, both couples and singles, who gel well and I made a great number of friends whom i will never forget and will stay in contact with.

Would I go back? you bet!!!!

I had planned to go at new year but couldnt get flights and hotel to match because its pretty much booked but I will be going back in August 2014, I will be going en femme and I hope to meet some of my new found friends who are plannign to be there at the same time.

20 out of 10 from Isobel !!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Thank you very much for your great review!

Really thank you for this explanation about your stay and how you felt and every point you describe here.
Beacuse this is how we can improve ourselves every day and change things don´t work or leave the ones that work out.

Definitely is a goodd recomendation the speakers to plug your iphone or ipod, I will spread the word around;)

If you want to come back, please contact me : laura@grupomur.com

And did you know that booking through our website you can get some advantages? Direct payment, Free cancelations 24h before arrival, over 10 nights you get free transfer from airport-hotel-airport, and free safe.

I hope to see you soon.
Thank you again.

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We choose this Hotel As it was adults only and gay friendly. We had a brilliant week. Def recommend going all inclusive as good value if you will spend lots of time at the hotel. We will be booking Again for next year! Highly recommended ESP for gay couples who want to have the freedom to just be themselves.

• Stayed August 2013
Laura I, Community Manager at Hotel Neptuno Gran Canaria, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you for take your time and wrote a great overview about Neptuno Hotel
I´m happy that you felt good at the hotel and you have enjoyed your holidays here.
The All Inclusive its a good option because we offer interntional brands, we serve a la carta and yo don´t need the bracalet:)

Regarding your booking for the next year, we will launch a great offer tomorrow on FB, website and social media channel:)

For any other thing do not hesitate to contact me anytime: laura@grupomur.com

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

My wife and I came here for our Honeymoon for 2 weeks and tonight is our last night. I have been to Playa Del Ingles 4 times now and have to say, this hotel is the best so far. No hassle, great food and proper drinks. No cheap stuff! You want vodka they give you Smirnoff! The quality was great. Cleaning great and welcome was amazing. When we checked in we walked into our complimentary Champagne (on ice) and romantic rose petal display on the bed. So sweet! To say its so close to the Yumbo Centre, there was zero noise...amazing. I'm finding it hard to find anything wrong with this place (bathrooms need updating but understand that's being done soon). You get proper sized drinks (not rubbish baby plastic cups) on all inclusive and the food you get at lunch was amazing! I really don't want to leave this place but all good things come to an end! Thank you Neptuno for a fab 2 weeks :)

• Stayed August 2013
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Just got back from a week at Hotel Neptuno and what a fantastic time I and my partner had. The hotel is in a great location, close to the beech and right next door to the yumbo centre, which was great for a gay couple like ourselves. From this,the hotel is very diverse with a mix of straight and gay couples. Furthermore, the hotel is adults only so the pool area is rather peaceful.
Food in the hotel was fantastic, if a little different, with plenty to choose from in terms of main meals. However, it was disappointing that the deserts were the same most nights and were mainly savory or wobbly.
We stayed in room 413, the room was clean and basic and the aircon was a godsend. The room was definitely not a four star room, more of a general 3 star. Therefore, i think the hotel could do with some room refurbishments in order to match the 4 star rating the hotel proclaims.
Overall, a decent hotel and we will come back again.

Room Tip: Email the hotel in advance to request a room. I recommend a top floor pool view room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Laura I, Community Manager at Hotel Neptuno Gran Canaria, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Good morning, really thank you for take your time and wrote as your impresions about the Neptuno Hotel.

I´m glad that you enjoyed your holidays with your partner and you mention and you will come back:) For the reapiting costumers we have some advantages. If you want to book again do not hesitate to contact me: laura@grupomur.com

About the deserts, I will tell the chef that should cook/serve different deserts everynight, I love dessert too:)

And about the furnitures and the room that you metion, we are changing the bathrooms and all the fornitures are news in the rooms. I´m sorry if you got a room that you didn´t expect or you didn´t like at all. We are remodeling little by little, I hope you could enjoy more the 4* hotel the next time:)

Looking forward to see you soon.

Laura

Been to Hotel Neptuno Gran Canaria? Share your experiences!