“what an amazing hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Neptuno Gran Canaria

You added Hotel Neptuno Gran Canaria to your Saves list
Hotel Neptuno Gran Canaria
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avda. Alfeceres Provisionales, 29, 35100 Playa del Ingles, Gran Canaria, Spain   |
Ranked #17 of 139 Hotels in Playa del Ingles
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“what an amazing hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Well what can I say, this is a fantastic place for a holiday, especially if like me you are transgendered.

This was my very first holiday en femme for 2 weeks and from begging to end was an experience i will never forget.

The hotel itself was of a very good standard, like others the only critiscism i could have is my bathroom was outdated and i need of bringing up to standard, but i understood from others that this was a work in progress as other guests bathrooms were excellent. A nice to have would be somewhere to plug in your iphone or ipod so that you can have your own music during your stay as in other hotels of this standard i have come across.

Staff were supremely polite and courteous and treated me with dignity and respect and you could certainly have a laugh and banter with them, 10 out of 10 for the staff. The maids were very good and tackled the 'tranny bomb' in my room everyday and left all of my stuff much more orderly then when i left it in the mornings and the room was always spotless by the time i returned from the pool.

The food was of an excellent standard, especially for an all inclusive resort. At other all inclusive hotels i have always found the choice of food to be limited, but here this wasnt the case. Plenty of choice for just about every taste for breakfast, lunch time and dinner and the food is cooked by chefs in front of you for breakfast and dinner, lunch is prepared to order too, so you always know you are getting quality. The all inclusive deal is well worth the money and represented excellent value for money.

The pool was the best temperature of any pool i have tried on holiday cool enough to be refreshing but didnt cause you to gasp when you initially got in.

Proximity to the Yumbo centre is another strong point, has its own secure 'key only' gate at the rear and litterally seconds from the hotel you have bars, clubs, and eating establishments if you fancy a break from the hotel one evening.

I will strongly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for relaxation, quality and a 'kids free' time when on holiday and if you are considering your first holiday en femme, if transgendered like me, you will find this an extremely comfortable place to be. To add to this i was the only trans person there during my stay and never once was I made to feel uncomfortable.

The other guests were fabulous, a great mix of lesbian, gay and straight people, both couples and singles, who gel well and I made a great number of friends whom i will never forget and will stay in contact with.

Would I go back? you bet!!!!

I had planned to go at new year but couldnt get flights and hotel to match because its pretty much booked but I will be going back in August 2014, I will be going en femme and I hope to meet some of my new found friends who are plannign to be there at the same time.

20 out of 10 from Isobel !!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Laura I, Community Manager at Hotel Neptuno Gran Canaria, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Thank you very much for your great review!

Really thank you for this explanation about your stay and how you felt and every point you describe here.
Beacuse this is how we can improve ourselves every day and change things don´t work or leave the ones that work out.

Definitely is a goodd recomendation the speakers to plug your iphone or ipod, I will spread the word around;)

If you want to come back, please contact me : laura@grupomur.com

And did you know that booking through our website you can get some advantages? Direct payment, Free cancelations 24h before arrival, over 10 nights you get free transfer from airport-hotel-airport, and free safe.

I hope to see you soon.
Thank you again.

Laura

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

We choose this Hotel As it was adults only and gay friendly. We had a brilliant week. Def recommend going all inclusive as good value if you will spend lots of time at the hotel. We will be booking Again for next year! Highly recommended ESP for gay couples who want to have the freedom to just be themselves.

• Stayed August 2013
Laura I, Community Manager at Hotel Neptuno Gran Canaria, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you for take your time and wrote a great overview about Neptuno Hotel
I´m happy that you felt good at the hotel and you have enjoyed your holidays here.
The All Inclusive its a good option because we offer interntional brands, we serve a la carta and yo don´t need the bracalet:)

Regarding your booking for the next year, we will launch a great offer tomorrow on FB, website and social media channel:)

For any other thing do not hesitate to contact me anytime: laura@grupomur.com

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

My wife and I came here for our Honeymoon for 2 weeks and tonight is our last night. I have been to Playa Del Ingles 4 times now and have to say, this hotel is the best so far. No hassle, great food and proper drinks. No cheap stuff! You want vodka they give you Smirnoff! The quality was great. Cleaning great and welcome was amazing. When we checked in we walked into our complimentary Champagne (on ice) and romantic rose petal display on the bed. So sweet! To say its so close to the Yumbo Centre, there was zero noise...amazing. I'm finding it hard to find anything wrong with this place (bathrooms need updating but understand that's being done soon). You get proper sized drinks (not rubbish baby plastic cups) on all inclusive and the food you get at lunch was amazing! I really don't want to leave this place but all good things come to an end! Thank you Neptuno for a fab 2 weeks :)

• Stayed August 2013
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Just got back from a week at Hotel Neptuno and what a fantastic time I and my partner had. The hotel is in a great location, close to the beech and right next door to the yumbo centre, which was great for a gay couple like ourselves. From this,the hotel is very diverse with a mix of straight and gay couples. Furthermore, the hotel is adults only so the pool area is rather peaceful.
Food in the hotel was fantastic, if a little different, with plenty to choose from in terms of main meals. However, it was disappointing that the deserts were the same most nights and were mainly savory or wobbly.
We stayed in room 413, the room was clean and basic and the aircon was a godsend. The room was definitely not a four star room, more of a general 3 star. Therefore, i think the hotel could do with some room refurbishments in order to match the 4 star rating the hotel proclaims.
Overall, a decent hotel and we will come back again.

Room Tip: Email the hotel in advance to request a room. I recommend a top floor pool view room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Laura I, Community Manager at Hotel Neptuno Gran Canaria, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Good morning, really thank you for take your time and wrote as your impresions about the Neptuno Hotel.

I´m glad that you enjoyed your holidays with your partner and you mention and you will come back:) For the reapiting costumers we have some advantages. If you want to book again do not hesitate to contact me: laura@grupomur.com

About the deserts, I will tell the chef that should cook/serve different deserts everynight, I love dessert too:)

And about the furnitures and the room that you metion, we are changing the bathrooms and all the fornitures are news in the rooms. I´m sorry if you got a room that you didn´t expect or you didn´t like at all. We are remodeling little by little, I hope you could enjoy more the 4* hotel the next time:)

Looking forward to see you soon.

Tel Aviv, Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

this is our second stay in neptuno hotel. we like its location across the street from yumbo center.
there are free shuttles by the hotel to the main beaches.
the staff are kind and very eager to help.
the room is very nice and the balcony is big and u can see the swimming pool from it.
another great plus -no children! :)

Room Tip: ask rooms that you can see the swimming pool.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Laura I, Community Manager at Hotel Neptuno Gran Canaria, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you very much for your great overwiev about our Neptuno Hotel.

Do you know that we have some discounts for the repeating clients?
Do not hesitate to contact me for the next time! Laura@grupomur.com

Thank you again and hope to see you soon:)

Laura.
Airdrie, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Just returned from another great holiday at the Neptuno (22nd June - 6th July). This is my 6th time at the Neptuno and won't be my last.

Holiday got off to a good start with booking into the Sky Lounge at Glasgow Airport - why not I'm on holiday after all. Its worth the money if you like a few drinks before you take to the skies - wide selection of alcohol/tea/coffee/crisps/snacks etc.

Flights with Jet2.com were fantastic - booked extra leg room seats but didnt really need to as the standard leg room was absolutely fine. In-flight meal was good and the staff were attentive - no complaints at all.

Speedy check in at the hotel and we were given the same rooms we had on the previous 2 stays (I emailed the hotel in advance to request them and they kindly obliged). We arrived after 10pm and the hotel had prepared a salad meal for us which I found to be a good touch.

After our meal we then went to the bar for a few drinks (as you do!). One of my previous reviews mentioned the poor attitude of one of the bar staff who seemed to favour half board holidaymakers who "paid" for their drinks - it was as if he didn't understand that us being All Inclusive meant we had paid in advance! Anyway, it was if he had a personality transplant this year - extremely friendly and totally different from last year. Most of the staff remembered us from previous years and the service we received was top class. If you give the bar staff a tip you will never have an empty glass and a lot of the time they even brought our drinks over to where we were sitting. Might not be able to do this if the hotel is really busy but it was appreciated. All the staff are friendly and the domestic staff work very hard in keeping the rooms clean.

You'll also see the resident cat "Neptuno" - there are a few cats around the pool but he is the only one allowed into the hotel and does appreciate it if you take some cat treats for him. He'll remember you and come up and give you a miiaawwoo if he sees you at the pool, ha ha.

Hotel also has free wifi - just get your login andpassword from reception.

Breakfast is good, freshly cooked fried eggs or an omelette with bacon along with a selection of meats, cheese, juice and anything else that you could wish for.

Lunch is served at the pool bar - I recommend the prawn cocktail and the garlic sizzling prawns. The pizzas, steak, chicken are all cooked to perfection and I had no complaints.

Dinner is at 6pm or 8pm (you choose your sitting) and its buffet style - again a wide selection and over the 2 weeks I wasn't disappointed with the selection. Last year and one of my previous years, guys were told to wear long trousers for dinner but this time they relaxed the rules and allowed dressy shorts. It's as if they change the rule whenever they want as the rules have been different over the years.

Entertainment is ok but you tend to make your own at night - there is a weekly pianist, karaoke, singer and its good for a laugh if you join in. A few of us took part in the karaoke, got up dancing and one night a crowd of us even started singing Christmas songs in June - think it was someone singing Wham's Last Christmas that set us off - everyone joined in and we all had a laugh.

We met a number of nice people in the hotel - either at the pool during the day or in the bar at night - everyone is so friendly. It's a gay friendly hotel so there's a mix of gay/straight/singles/couples. Its adult only which is also a bonus - to be honest, kids don't bother me as I've stayed at many 'family' hotels - it's the parents bawling and shouting at the kids that does my head in but it was equally nice not to have screaming kids running round the pool and restaurant.

While we were there I was asked if I'd take part in the filming of a promotion video to be posted on their website which I did - happy to do so as I had no complaints.

I think the hotel is going to be undergoing some refurbishment as I heard that some baths had been replaced with walk-in showers and while we were there, some officials were taking photos around the pool bar and trying out some new recliner chairs at the pool.

At night time we would normally have dinner, have some drinks in the bar and take a wander over to the Yumbo through the hotels private gate - if you go, you need to visit Coco Loco - its just a bar but has great music, great atmosphere and 2 poles if you want to try your hand at pole dancing! Centre Stage is also worth a visit as is Ricky's Cabaret Bar - its also nice to find a seat in one of the bars on the ground floor and just people watch.

On a final point, if you're looking for something different then you should book an evening at the Music Hall Tavern - it costs 49 euros which includes transport to and from the venue, a 3 course meal with free beer and wine throughout your dinner and a show (the show is a mixture of drag acts, singing and entertainment). We went along and managed to recruit a few fellow holidaymakers from the Neptuno (who we'd met on a previous visit) and thankfully they all enjoyed it too - you know who you are!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Laura I, Community Manager at Hotel Neptuno Gran Canaria, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you very much being so kind.
We work everyday to give the clients the best service.
You were right when you mention some people were taking pictures, we are going to change some things at the pool, we are changing stuff the whole time to get the costumers the relax and the quality they want and they deserve.

Did you know that booking through our website 10 nights or more you get some benefits?
Like: free transfer, direct payment, free safe and Free cancelations until 24hrs before arrival.

I hope to see you soon, and one more thing, we have a photo contest on our FB page, you can get a whole week for free in the Mur Hotel of your choice. Good luck and try to get a new holidays for free:)

Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I booked through a tour operator, got top floor as asked for and was pool facing. Room exceeded my expectations and the balcony was a good size.

The noise is not nearly as bad as some reviewers have made out, if you stay near the Yumbo you would be deranged if you expect no noise.

I used to stay in Maspalomas but will now stay in Playa on future visits. The hotel was nice, the activities on the roof were not really my thing but each to their own. There was a mixed crowd of all ages.

Room has a mini bar and air con. My air con leaked but I was not too concerned, the mini bar however was not well stocked.

Some of the staff were lovely but one or too were not very welcoming on occasions but we all have bad days.

The water slide was good for cooling down, however if you want a good seat by the pool you must be up early and your towels may be moved!

The breakfast was reasonable, dinners were at set times but a good selection, the pool bar has a great selection of food and the drinks selection was impressive.

I would go back without question, not good if you are prudish or uncomfortable with gay men being open with their sexuality. But if you are not comfortable with the same then that is your problem and not theirs in my opinion ;)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Neptuno Gran Canaria? Share your experiences!