We (60 year old couple) had a week's stay all inclusive at the Riu Waikiki in December 2012. The hotel is a bit dated but clean and the staff were outstanding. Our room was fine for a 3* hotel cleaned every day to a good standard but unfortunately did not get much sun (the hotel blocks are circular in shape and it was December!). Food was plentiful at all meals which were buffet style. Breakfast and lunch are a free for all for seating and dinner places were allocated for the whole week.The dining room was always crowded even with two sittings for dinner but the food itself was plentiful and varied with all tastes catered for. Salads in particular were fresh and tasty but the vegetables were a bit tired. If three meals a day aren't enough there are always snacks available.
Most guests were German or Nordic which was fine for us but they do do things differently from the Brits!
Would I go back? Probably no but I'm not a particular fan of the all inclusive atmosphere and it is no reflection on the hotel staff who were excellent throughout.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Five 7-storey round buildings * 3,500 m2 garden * 1.5 Km from Playa del Ingles beach * Complimentary bus service to the beach * 500 m from the city centre * 400 m from "Metro" and "Kasbah" shopping centres * 30 km from the airport * 50 m from a bus stop ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Waikiki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Waikiki Hotel Playa Del Ingles
- Riu Waikiki Playa Del Ingles
- ClubHotel Riu Waikiki Playa Del Ingles, Gran Canaria