“Better than I expected” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Restaurante Pizzeria Centrum

Restaurante Pizzeria Centrum
C.C.Yumbo Centrum | 2nd Floor, Local: 232/7, 35100 Playa del Ingles, Gran Canaria, Spain
+34 928 766619
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Zurich
“Better than I expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Went to Centrum as one of a group of four. One of the others had chosen the restaurant. Read some reviews beforehand and was dreading cramped surroundings and smokers puffing away. Instead, we got a table at the edge of the balcony; spacious - the next table a good distance away and not a smoker in sight! We all started with "garlic bread", which turned out to be a very ordinary bread roll with an accompanying sauceboat of aïoli. Not very inspiring. After that, things really improved. I had an excellent steak. My three companions were equally enthusiastic about their mains (one leg of lamb and two fish). Wine was ok. The others were rapturous about their flambéed bananas. I had a crème brulée, which was served cold. Quite a surprise, but delicious. Service was friendly and efficient.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Very cramped set up”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

Visited centrum Saturday evening with my partner, the client base is 95% gay which was good however the restaurant seems to pack people in and is more interested in quantity rather than quality, the tables are too close together , making it very inpersonal , also smoking is allowed at the tables which is definately a no no , nothing special, like most yumbo restaurant expensive for the very average

Iver, United Kingdom
“One of the nicer restaurants in Yumbo”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

My partner and I recently returned from a short New Year break in Playa del Inglés, one evening we visited Centrum for the third time and weren't disappointed. The night before we had wanted to eat at Centrum with friends but the place was busy and they couldn't sit us for 20 minutes so being impatient folks we went elsewhere: being full is a sign of a good restaurant!

The waiters are very efficient and all speak perfect English as well as several other languages. When one noticed me using my iPhone he immediately offered to give me their WiFi password.

The food was delicious - we started with prawn cocktail and one of my favourite Spanish starters gambas al ajillo (sizzling garlic prawns) the prawns were juicy, succulent and really delicious. My flambé steak was perfectly cooked with delicious pepper sauce, and my partner's chicken was more than could be eaten. There is a wide choice of ice creams and traditional Spanish desserts.

If you're in the Yumbo and looking for a good place for dinner, then I'd definitely recommend giving Centrum a try.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Alicante
“Not bad at all.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

Went last night, very cramped, oh why do they pack em like that! Well we know why, but please! The guy next to me had to get up so I could leave. However, the steak was excellent, with fresh salad, could not fault the service or food.

Wisbech, England, United Kingdom
“Fantastic friendly welcome and good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Visited Centrum three times during our week stay. Very friendly welcome and excellent service from the staff. Mixed gay/straight crowd. Menu could be a bit more varied, especially starters -- but go for the flambe specials and you won't be disappointed.

Visited December 2012