We actually were not supposed to be staying here as we had booked the sister hotel ,Caserio in Playa del Inglés. Due to a booking error by the tour company we were sent to Caserio and they had no knowledge of us at all. They were highly efficient at the reception, and explained that they were fully booked but had spaces at the San Agustin beach Club which belonged to them also. We were sent on our way and on arriving at the Beach Club we quickly realised that we had got a right result !! The hotel is right on the beach and has an exit directly to the promenade that takes you into Playa del Inglés. The hotel only has 54 rooms and is delightfully decorated to resemble an old wooden boat with portholes and loads of brass fittings. The rooms are a good size with balcony overlooking the beach. Other reviewers had mentioned the mattresses being uncomfortable.....they were not far wrong ! It was the second most uncomfortable hotel mattress that I had ever slept on. I had to roll a blanket into a long tube to stuff between the divan and the mattress to stop me rolling out of bed and thats how it stayed for the 10 days of our trip!! Also, if you need a hairdryer, then take your own. The hotel item is so poor it needs binning. Apart from those two niggles, a very clean, well furnished room with excellent air conditioning and toiletries free of charge. The safe you have to pay for ,and is €2,00 a day. WiFi is free in the reception but you have to pay to have it anywhere else in the hotel.
The breakfast buffet is excellent and there is everything that you could possibly want to eat, including smoked salmon most days as well as a good selection of hot and cold foods, freshly sweezed juices and loads of fresh fruit. The dinner is what we loved. Originally we had booked half board in the Hotel Caserio with the intention of eating out in the evenings or staying in for the buffet if the fancy took us. The food in the Beach Club is á la carte and served at your table....so much nicer than getting up and down every 5 minutes. We ended up eating in the hotel 8 out of our 10 nights and the food was superb. If you want plates piled high and to stuff your face and try everything thats going, then this isn´t for you. This is refined dining with helpful and discreet staff making each night a delight wondering how the German chef is going to surprise with his innovative combinations of flavours and outstanding presentation. It is really excellent !! My only other compaint is that the two bars stay unattended for long periods of time and you can spend ages waiting for someone to come and serve you. I know the hotel is small, but a simple bell system to wherever the staff hang out could be all thats needed on that score.We didnt try the spa and it appears you have to book treatments as the spa staff only seem to come when there are clients booked in. There are two pools - one salt water and the other is chlorinated. Both are spotlessly clean as is the whole pool area.
The area of San Agustin is fairly quiet ,but there are some nice restaurants within 10 minutes walking distance. In the San Agustin commercial centre there is a very good Greek restaurant and also two very popular pizzerias/Italian cuisine places. You wont go far wrong staying at the beach club, especially as it is really adults only, although there were a few kids when we were there. It is not designed for children and there are no activities for children. If you want night life then Playa del Inglés is a 10 minute ,€5.00 taxi ride away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- San Agustin Beach Club is a superior 4 star hotel located on the beachfront in a quiet area of San Agustin. This exclusive hotel is beautifully furnished to create the ambience of a ship cruise and the majority of the 57 perfectly equipped rooms have a sea view. Between other facilities and services are the open reception 24 hours, free WIFI access in the reception area, different bars, principal restaurant, restaurant à la carte, a Wellness center and Room service (limited timetable). The hotel features a good range of on-site facilities to ensure an unforgettable stay for all who visit such as a small gym, sauna and a fresh water outdoor jacuzzi. Outside, there are 2 open-air swimming pools (one fresh water and other sea water) which are surrounded by terraces, making it an ideal place to soak up the sun, while the restaurant and the bars provide delicious cuisine, exotic cocktails and a relaxed atmosphere. The en suite guest rooms are spacious and well appointed with all of the modern amenities you would expect of a hotel of its class, including air conditioning and satellite TV. The airport is 25 km away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, HotelsClick, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your San Agustin Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Augustin Beach Club Hotel San Agustin
- San Augustin Beach Hotel
- San Agustin Beach Club Gran Canaria