“Nice and expensive” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 48 Restaurants in San Agustin
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: EN: Restaurante Gorbea, is named after the highest mountain in the Basque Country, and is also the highest restaurant in the south of Gran Canaria. Located on the ninth floor of the main building, the restaurant provides spectacular views over the beach of San Agustín and the Maspalomas Dunes. Air-conditioned. Direct access from outside the hotel via panoramic lift. Free parking. Well known for its Basque cuisine specialities, the restaurant has recently been redecorated and modernised.
Budapest
“Nice and expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Elegant restaurant with well spoken and well trained staff. The view was fantastic. It was expensive, but that would have been fine with me if the portions were not half the size of the ones you get everywhere else. I am usually more than OK with one mail meal, but here you do need the starter, the main meal and the dessert too. And they do ask you to write a review. That is a bit sweaty, just relax. There is no need to tape the reviews in the elevator. Those who write reviews write them anyway, and do research as well before choosing a restaurant. :)

Visited August 2013

• Polish first
Belfast, United Kingdom
“A night to remember”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

On the recommendation of the Seaside Palm beach reception staff we booked a table for a meal at the Gorbea while holidaying in Gran Canaria.
My husband planned this as a surprise for a special wedding anniversary. On arrival at the restaurant, on the 9th floor, we were led to a table overlooking the Gloria Hotel and San Augustine bay. The view was stunning. From the moment we arrived in the Gorbea restaurant the maître, Mr Aleman, made us feel special and very welcome. His advise and recommendations regarding the menu and wine list was went along way to ensuring that we had an outstanding and lovely meal. From our entrée to our desert the food was cooked and presented to an extremely high standard. This is an excellent restaurant offering high level cuisine and friendly staff willing to go the extra mile to ensure that our experience was second to none. However don't just accept a review make a point of visiting the Gorbea and experience this ourtstanding service for yourself.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Go on and treat yourselves !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I cannot recommend the Gorbea restaurant highly enough. From the moment we stepped into the restaurant the service was exceptional. Mr Aleman is an outstanding host, with superb staff that make everyone feel at home. We started with an aperitif and a couple of amuse bouche,then between three of us (my husband and 7 year old daughter) had two starters a goats cheese salad with raspberry dressing and board of mixed meats, cheeses and olives, both beautiful and beautifully presented. My daughter then had a breadcrumb pork cutlet with hand cut chips while myself and my husband had the chateaubriand which was cooked to perfection with the most delicious basque topping. We all then enjoyed pudding, I'm afraid I can't recall the precise choices as they were all so good we dived into each others. This all washed down with wine, not the most expensive choice on the menu but we felt no pressure to choose any thing else which was a refreshing change. People are saying the Gorbea is expensive but with the 10% discount from being residents to the hotel it cost €110 and bear in mind we went to Maspalomas and shared a starter, 2 pizzas, a bowl of pasta, 4 beers and a lemonade and that cost €78 I think the Gorbea is worth every penny and more. If we every go back or if any of my friend/family go any where near San Augustin I would make sure I went out of my way to eat there again. Unfortunatley due to the Gloria Palace having the choice of fully inclusive, the restaurant suffers from low patronage within it's own walls. Please take my advice and treat yourself when you are there, you will not be disappointed.
Oh and the view is spectacular too!!!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chester, United Kingdom
“Well worth every euro”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

The welcome to the Gorbea was just the start, the food was fantastic and the views breathtaking, enjoy a fabulous drink on the rooftop terrace to end your evening .

Visited August 2013
Chaumont-Gistoux, Belgium
“Very nice view and food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

This restaurant is located on the 9th floor on the top of the Gloria Palace, we have been there several times , extremely nice view over San Agustin and the dunes of Playa del Ingles.
Relatively expensive, but very good food and wine,
Good service and stable personal, which is important.
Absolutely to be recommended.

• Visited June 2013