We stayed 15-29 August 2013,myself and my husband and our 2 children 9 and 4. We had a fantastic time. The kids really enjoyed it. The food,well lets just say I came home a stone heavier...the variety was outstanding it was just rude not to try more than one thing. The salad and fruit bars were to die for,maybe I should have gone there more,haha. The service in all areas was excellent,all the staff,even the cleaners were very friendly. Rooms were cleaned every day,fresh linen and towels daily.some days the maids would leave nice little touches like 'fanned my nightie on the bed' and leave a little flower on pillow with chocs,nice touch I thought. The pools were ace,we tended to stay at bottom one as less busy, this was the deeper of the 3. The top one was bigger so more busier but not a problem, still a very nice pool and that one had a pool bar. The entertainment was ok,what they called light entertainment was this man and woman,again they were ok but sang the same songs every night so got a bit repetitive. The evening entertainment started at 9.45pm,this wasn't too bad,it gave the kids summat to watch for an hour or so....there was like magic,animal shows,acts like that,again ok. Just one bug bear about this hotel which I guess not there fault was the smoking.... It got quite annoying. Pool/subbed area,bar/snack area,smokers everywhere,no matter where you sat there would be someone lighting up, couldn't even get away from it on our balcony as we had smokers either side. My husband was constantly using his inhaler which he hardly uses at home. Despite that we had a brill time and would deffo recommend and we will return one day. Well done Gloria palace. Oh and weather was also fantastic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in San Agustin, Gloria Palace San Agustin Thalasso & Hotel is a 4-star establishment built in 1989 and fully refurbished in 2007. The spacious hotel has sea views, top quality cuisine, facilities specially designed for families, a thalassotherapy centre and family-oriented, friendly service within an atmosphere of a family business. In 1998 the Talasoterapia Canarias centre was opened, in an emblematic building consisting of more than 6.000m2, to provide health and wellbeing services. A real oasis of comfort. A dream within your reach. You can be sure of fine food and exceptional service at the panoramic a la carte restaurant Gorbea, which specialises in Basque cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Gloria Palace San Agustin Thalasso & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gloria Palace San Agustin Hotel San Agustin
- Gloria Palace Hotel San Agustin
- San Agustin Gloria Palace
- Gloria Palace San Agustin Thalasso & Hotel Gran Canaria