Ive stayed at Gloria Palace Royal in Puerto Rico many times, and only booked in here because that was full. The Gloria Palace in San Agustin is nice, but is not anywhere near as exclusive as the Gloria Palace Royal, and this shows with the kind of guests they attract.
Having said this the hotel staff are superb and a credit to the Gloria Palace.
Free wifi is available pretty much throughout the hotel, including in bedrooms
As mentioned staff are super helpful and polite, most can speak very good English as well which is helpful as my Spanish is very broken!
For those on All Inclusive the range of food on offer is plentiful- though im not sure about veggy options- and drinks are available at the pool and snack bars as well as with meals
Nearly all rooms have a view of the sea, the higher your floor the better your seaview!
Areas to improve
There is building work going on on a hill behind the hotel, there was a digger operating most mornings, which was a constant noise to anyone trying to relax on the rooftop "chill out terrace"!! Not much chilling out with the digger in action. No mention of the building work was made when I made my booking.
The hotel is VERY family oriented, so for those looking to chill out and relax, book somewhere else!
The majority of the hotels rooms are in the main building on 8 floors, which are only served by 3 lifts. You can have a bit of a wait for a lift at busy times, or you can brave the stairs of course.
In addition the hotel entertainment goes on every night until 11am- lovely for those who want to be involved with this free entertainment, less lovely for those who want to relax as 95% of rooms face out to where the entertainment takes place. No chance of a relaxing evening on your balcony im afraid. For the remaining rooms these face onto the road outside, so no real relaxing to be had there either.
This hotel was lovely, but not really one for my holiday needs- ie quiet chill out, however it would seem perfect for those with families.Back to the Gloria Palace Royal for me, which by comparison is a 5 star if this is a 4 star.
I didnt use it, but the hotel lays on a bus to the beach every day which is a nice free gesture.in addition for independent travellers the 66 bus from the airport, takes less than 25 minutes to San Agustin (€3.50 adult one way) and it is a 5-10 min (uphill) walk to the hotel. Much cheaper than a taxi!!
- Also Known As:
- Gloria Palace San Agustin Hotel
- Gloria Palace San Agustin Hotel San Agustin
- Gloria Palace
- Gloria Palace Hotel San Agustin
- San Agustin Gloria Palace
- Gloria Palace San Agustin Thalasso & Hotel Gran Canaria
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in San Agustin, Gloria Palace San Agustin Thalasso & Hotel is a 4-star establishment built in 1989 and fully refurbished in 2007. The spacious hotel has sea views, top quality cuisine, facilities specially designed for families, a thalassotherapy centre and family-oriented, friendly service within an atmosphere of a family business. In 1998 the Talasoterapia Canarias centre was opened, in an emblematic building consisting of more than 6.000m2, to provide health and wellbeing services. A real oasis of comfort. A dream within your reach. You can be sure of fine food and exceptional service at the panoramic a la carte restaurant Gorbea, which specialises in Basque cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, Otel, Travelocity, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Gloria Palace San Agustin Thalasso & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.