Me and my fiancé stayed here for a week over New Year.
We needed some peace and quiet and that's exactly what we got!
I emailed in advance to surprise my fiancé and we were both surprised as there was a bottle of cava in an ice bucket waiting for us in our lovely room on the 8th floor. Stunning sea view from the big balcony! We spent most of our time relaxing on the roof terrace, although it's not AI but everything is half price for AI guests and very reasonable.
Excellent staff that made you feel more than welcome. Got to know some of the restaurant staff and chefs and there was always a friendly word and a smile at busy times, even before and during the New Year's Eve gala dinner. All ladies got a rose and the gentlemen a cigar before entering the restaurant and the candle light dinner was served at the table.
Since we are no fans of crowds, we didn't go to any entertainment or activity although there was plenty on offer. We played boule, enjoyed walks down to San Agustin and the along the boardwalk to the Maspalomas desert and beach area (although there were free hotel shuttles there too) but mostly spent time in the sun at the hotel, away from others. We also enjoyed the Thalasso pool and its different massage jets.We didn't try the hotel's gourmet roof-top restuarant, the Gorbea restaurant but were quite please with the AI food in the restaurant.
We can really recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a nice holiday away from the hustle and bustle in the Playa Ingles area (although it's only a short distance away).
Short transfer (20-25 min) to airport, calm area, spacious room and balcony, great sea view, chill-out terrace and bar, friendly and welcoming staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in San Agustin, Gloria Palace San Agustin Thalasso & Hotel is a 4-star establishment built in 1989 and fully refurbished in 2007. The spacious hotel has sea views, top quality cuisine, facilities specially designed for families, a thalassotherapy centre and family-oriented, friendly service within an atmosphere of a family business. In 1998 the Talasoterapia Canarias centre was opened, in an emblematic building consisting of more than 6.000m2, to provide health and wellbeing services. A real oasis of comfort. A dream within your reach. You can be sure of fine food and exceptional service at the panoramic a la carte restaurant Gorbea, which specialises in Basque cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Gloria Palace San Agustin Thalasso & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gloria Palace San Agustin Hotel San Agustin
- Gloria Palace Hotel San Agustin
- San Agustin Gloria Palace
- Gloria Palace San Agustin Thalasso & Hotel Gran Canaria