Booked this hotel because of Tripadviser reviews and the fact that the hotels in Maspalomas/Meloneras were outrageously expensive. How lucky we were-this was the BEST EVER. We spent 2 glorious weeks here in mid November and could not find a fault in any department.
Very modern spotless comfortable room on the 7th floor.
Food at breakfast and dinner was superb. A huge variety,fish of all types,steak,roast beef and on one night they served the most delicious ham I have ever tasted. Food superb brilliant BEST EVER.
The staff are most friendly and they work really hard and always with a smile. We had the same waiter for the best part of the 2 weeks and he looked after us exceedingly well. Good fun too, thanks Francisco Javier and on a few nights ably assisted by Jose.
As we are beach people we did not sample pool life but i did notice the depts of the pools at 1.70m and 1.50m which would have excluded me anyway-too deep. But everyone at the pool appeared to be enjoying themselves and involved in the activities. The hotel provides its own exclusive bus for trips to Playa del Ingles and Meloneras and we availed of this on a number of occassions another good service.
Ten minutes down the Hill is a very nice little beach-las burras-great waves.Did I say Hill??
Yes the journey back up the hill can be a problem if you are not good on the "pins" lungs or "ticker". The climb commences beside the lower part of the hotel and extends for 2 hundred yards right to the entrance. It can be avoided of course by availing of the excellant bus service or getting a taxi.Dont let this hill put you off. Taxi prices to Playa del Ingles about 5e , to Maspalomas from 6.50e for one trip to 9e for another,so take your pick and be lucky.
The shopping centre in San Agustin is a bit worn out looking but has a good supermarket and as well a great little shop to purchase your spirits for the journey home. Good Price in the liquor shop Senor.
All in all a great hotel and brilliant 2 weeks.
Thanks to all in the Gloria Palace
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in San Agustin, Gloria Palace San Agustin Thalasso & Hotel is a 4-star establishment built in 1989 and fully refurbished in 2007. The spacious hotel has sea views, top quality cuisine, facilities specially designed for families, a thalassotherapy centre and family-oriented, friendly service within an atmosphere of a family business. In 1998 the Talasoterapia Canarias centre was opened, in an emblematic building consisting of more than 6.000m2, to provide health and wellbeing services. A real oasis of comfort. A dream within your reach. You can be sure of fine food and exceptional service at the panoramic a la carte restaurant Gorbea, which specialises in Basque cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Gloria Palace San Agustin Thalasso & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gloria Palace San Agustin Hotel San Agustin
- Gloria Palace Hotel San Agustin
- San Agustin Gloria Palace
- Gloria Palace San Agustin Thalasso & Hotel Gran Canaria