We went to this hotel for a week at the beginning of October.
We booked this holiday direct with the Gloria Palace website, and we booked the transfer from the airport via this site. Full instructions were emailed to us, and upon arrival at the airport, once we had collected our bags, a gentleman was waiting with our names on a board and we were promptly taken to his waiting car for the trip to the Gloria Palace. We were very impressed this this service and would definitely recommend using this, the cost was 35 Euros.
We realised that this hotel was an older design to the type I would normally pick, but don't let this put you off, because what is inside this hotel is absolutely fantastic.
Check in was very prompt, I requested a room on a high floor, and we were given a room on the 8th floor (which is the highest floor for accommodation). The room was very nice, it was spotlessly clean, and the view from the balcony was great. The bathroom products were plentiful and were topped up everyday. We hired a safe, I know people complain about having to pay for this facility, but we have paid in every hotel we have been in.
On our last day for some reason the safe wouldn't open, we called reception and within minutes the maintenance men came up and opened the safe.
The food was lovely, I am a fussy eater, but there was always something I liked, they have a section where they cook various meats fish, and there was a always a good variety of all types of food and desserts.
We went all inclusive, and you do have to pay for named wines and branded drinks, most of them at 50% of the cost, and you have to pay 50% for drinks at the rooftop bar.
The pool area was very nice, we didn't have to get up early to get sunbeds, it was starting to get busy as we were coming home, and I would imagine it would be hectic in the school holidays, as the hotel seemed to cater well for children. We didn't participate with the animation team, because we just wanted to relax, there was no pressure to join in, but for those that did it looked like they had a good programme of events.
In the evenings the entertainment was held indoors, we are led to believe that during the summer months it is held outside, where they have a stage set up. Most of the shows we saw were enjoyable.
There was a lovely roof top pool area, where you could pay to have a sun bed for the day, which included a towel and water. We didn't actually sunbathe up there, but we did go up and have a drink several times, it was lovely. As stated previously if you are all inclusive you do have to pay 50% for all drinks, it was a good idea to do this as kept this bar area quieter. There is a nudist area on the roof as well, we didnt use this and understand that you dont have to pay for this.
The staff and the service at this hotel were first class. There is a lovely lady called Candy - Public Relations - who has a desk in the reception area, she was so helpful and knowledgeable, and is a real asset to this hotel.
The pool bar staff were excellent too, never had to wait long for drinks, all the staff were great, especially the head barman and a young lad that was working there during our stay, they made it a pleasure to go to the bar.
Wi-fi is more or less everywhere in the hotel, this is a big plus for us as we like to keep in touch.
We went into the Thallasotherapy for a couple of hours one day just into the pool, having never been in one before it was great and a nice experience.
The hotel is set up a hill about a 10 minute walk from the beach and a local shopping centre, which does look a bit run down, but unless you like going out there is no reason to leave this hotel.
Well done to the Management at this hotel, all the staff everywhere in the hotel appeared as if they enjoyed working there and made dealing with them for the customer a pleasurable experience.
We would highly recommend a visit to the Gloria Palace at San Augustin and intend returning as soon as possible!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in San Agustin, Gloria Palace San Agustin Thalasso & Hotel is a 4-star establishment built in 1989 and fully refurbished in 2007. The spacious hotel has sea views, top quality cuisine, facilities specially designed for families, a thalassotherapy centre and family-oriented, friendly service within an atmosphere of a family business. In 1998 the Talasoterapia Canarias centre was opened, in an emblematic building consisting of more than 6.000m2, to provide health and wellbeing services. A real oasis of comfort. A dream within your reach. You can be sure of fine food and exceptional service at the panoramic a la carte restaurant Gorbea, which specialises in Basque cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Gloria Palace San Agustin Thalasso & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gloria Palace San Agustin Hotel San Agustin
- Gloria Palace Hotel San Agustin
- San Agustin Gloria Palace
- Gloria Palace San Agustin Thalasso & Hotel Gran Canaria