Originally booked Dunas Mirador Half Board only to arrive and find they were full! They transferred us free of charge to the Dunas Don Gregory and not only upgraded us free of charge to All Inclusive but also put us in a top floor suite which balcony doors opening to the gorgeous sea view.
The room was large and cleaned daily. The all inclusive meals for me were ok, there was a large selection of salads, hams, cheeses bread , chicken etc etc
Drinks were great although if your all inclusive and go to the bar they only allow you to have whichever cocktail is the daily special you cant have anything you like from the cocktails! Also if your not German or Spanish you get you cocktail (poured from a pre prepared jug) into a straight glass. Where as German and Spanish guests (theres a lot of them!) get freshly made with umbrellas etc! Couldnt really work that one out!
The location is amazing, straight on the beach front that stretches all the way to Maspolamas. I would recommend the long walk up the beach to the sand dunes they are out of this world (although be careful as further on is the nudist beach!)
Across from the hotel are bars and restaurants with a good choice of chinese/italian/spanish etc (I recommend the all you can eat chinese buffet)
Overall a great location easy to get to from the hotel (pay attention to the junction numbers on the motorway and you cant miss it)
Stayed for only 3 nights in February but the weather was 28c and didnt rain (came back sunburnt after only 3 nights)
Going back for 10 nights in September
highly recommended to everyone (mostly older couples and German / Spanish guests)
Most English people seem to stay in Playa Ingles
PS If your hiring a car pay special attention to the terms and conditions some require you pay for the full tank of petrol when you take the car and if you dont use it all you get no cash back(Its only a small island - and we drove around it in less than 2 hours). We used Auto Reisen , simply return the car with the same amount of fuel, you also get a full damage waiver and free 2nd driver as standard.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This hotel, with its privileged location, is the closest establishment to a beach on Gran Canaria. It is located on the first line of the Las Burras and San Agustin beaches, with direct access to the beach from the hotel. All double rooms and suites have stunning views over the Atlantic Ocean. With unbeatable views and exquisite surroundings, this hotel is ideal for couples wishing to enjoy the sun and the breeze. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Booking.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia and Priceline so you can book your Dunas Don Gregory reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dunas Don Gregory Hotel San Agustin
- Dunas Don Gregory Maspalomas
- Dunas Don Gregory San Agustin, Gran Canaria