We decided to seek a bit of winter sun in that dull period just after Christmas & selected Riu Palace mostly on the basis of Trip Advisor reviews. Well once again the community has steered us well & we had a thoroughly enjoyable stay.
Most of what needs to be said has already been mentioned in previous reviews, so I'll limit myself to facts and views that I consider may be helpful.
Large fairly typical area with various scattered seating arrangements. Reception staff and Concierge were both welcoming and helpful.
Large comfortable room with seating area and decent sized balcony. The wardrobes have "real" coat hangers (a treat this) and plenty of storage space.
We were given a complimentary half bottle of sherry and a fruit basket which I thought was a nice touch. There are however no tea or coffee making facilities in the room - which forces the descent to breakfast a tad earlier than I would have liked.
Pool and Loungers
The pool is a decent size and importantly for me....warm! Lovely. There are many comfortable loungers and we never had an issue finding somewhere to sit. The area is pleasant, overlooks the sea, all in all a good place to be.
The waiting staff, the maids, concierge and receptionists were all unfailingly polite, professional and above all pleasant.We never had to wait a moment longer than necessary for service of any kind.
We went half board and both the included meals are buffet. Buffet is not my favorite as I always pick up things I like and usually end up with a motley assortment of flavours rather than a meal. However that is my problem not the hotel's. The food on offer was all well cooked, appetising and tasty. There is an immense selection, I'm sure most people could find something to enjoy.
The real bonus for me was the freshly made juices at breakfast- absolutely delicious. The coffee too was really good. I have stayed in many hotels, some considerably pricier than the Rui and many have failed in this respect, so well done and thank you to the Riu Palace.
And another thing
I couldn't finish this review without mentioning the New Years Gala Dinner, which was without question superb. There was an exceptional and extravagant display of wonderful food. We were given complimentary wine and Cava. The whole thing was very low key but really well done. I can't commend the staff and hotel enough for the time effort & expense in putting together a memorable New Year celebration.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located near Morro Jable. 3-Storey building. Situated on Jandia beach (several steps lead to the beach). 600 M from Morro Jable. 400 M from various shops. 90 Km from the airport. 200 M from a bus stop. Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Amex, Visa, Diners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Venere, Despegar.com, Travelocity and TripOnline SA so you can book your Riu Palace Jandia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Jandia Hotel Morro Del Jable
- Riu Palace Jandia Peninsula
- Riu Palace Jandia Fuerteventura/Morro Del Jable