The Sol Jandia Mar is situated in a good location and is opposite the beach.
On our arrival which was during the hours of darkness we were checked in by Junior who was friendly and laid back. We were not given the room allocated initially due to a missing safety deposit key and were given room 216 instead in block A. Trying to find this room was proven very difficult due to the poor lighting, numerous cats and staircases. Once in our room we found it to smell uncleaned and as soon as we entered the bedroom my daughter and i started to itch. There was no way we were staying in that room as we didn't think it had seen a cleaner for sometime and the amount of cats outside was unnerving in the dark. We hauled our suitcases back to reception and requested another room which was accommodated without even a raised eyebrow. We were given d201 which would be no good for anyone who didnt do stairs as it was up a spiral concrete staircase which kept the cats away at least.
Whilst the second room was identical to the other it was at least cleaner, we unpacked. The rooms are adequate but much in need of renovation and despite the fairly new units in the kitchenette we couldn't use even a glass as it was over run with tiny ants which started to move into the bathroom until i purchased a spray to kill them all with! Hot countries bring ants and creepy crawlies we know but. They can at least be controlled with a good clean and a bit of care and attention to detail.
On the first day one of the plastic chairs on the balcony broke whilst i was sitting on it, my husband reported it to reception who, showed no regard as to my welfare and said that they would send another chair up - it never arrived! I am not a large lady and anyone elderly or larger could have been far worse than me.
The beds were changed once during our stay and the towels twice but the interior cleaning leaves much to be desired. We observed the cleaning one day as it was cloudy and we sat on the balcony. It was very poor and little cleaning products were used. The maid was grumpy also.
The reception areas have recently been modernised and whilst they are lovely they do not reflect in anyway the rest of the hotel which is very early 80s i would say which has been used every-week since and not touched.
I think the hotel would benefit from more cleaning staff. We didn't find the reception staff apart from our arrival day very helpful or happy to help.
The age range during our visit was over 65s and mainly german and dutch visitors, i think we may have been the only english.
I wouldnt recommend staying at this hotel at all, it needs renovating desperately.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sol Jandía Mar ApartHotel is situated about 150 meters to the nearest beach,Playa de Jandía,with fine white sand.Sol Jandía Mar offers 294 comfortable appartments overlooking the beach,the pool and the beautiful gardens arround the hotel.The complex offers Restaurant,Snack Pool Bar and Lounge Bar.The maritim avenue connects the aparthotel with the shopping area at Jandía and the fishing village, Morro del Jable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Melia, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Sol Jandia Mar Aparthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Jandia Mar Aparthotel Hotel Morro Del Jable
- Sol Melia Morro Del Jable
- Morro Del Jable Sol Melia
- Sol Jandia Mar Aparthotel Fuerteventura/Morro Del Jable