“Great hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ola Apartamentos Bouganvillia

Save Saved
You added Ola Apartamentos Bouganvillia to your Saves list
Ola Apartamentos Bouganvillia
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   C/ Des Centre, 4 | Costa de la Calma, 07180 Santa Ponsa, Calvia, Majorca, Spain   |
Ranked #28 of 35 hotels in Santa Ponsa
“Great hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in bouganvilla in June and don't believe all the reports those people but be very picky! It is about a 5min walk to the smaller beach and about 10mins to the bigger beach. U will not need a taxi unless u are really lazy. We only ever got taxis to go to magaluf at night and it was only around €10 ! Apartments are really for families and have lots of activities for kids! We still had a good time though even though there was only two of us. There is a bit of noise at night but what do u expect whilst on holiday in Majorca it is usually young people out having a good time! Would definitely come back here

• Stayed June 2012

235 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Polish first
Cardiff, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

You will find two major problems with this hotel. The biggest one is that actually the hotel is not in the resort of Santa Ponsa and it takes 20 minutes to walk to Santa Ponsa and 40 minutes to walk to the big beach in Santa Ponsa so if staying for a week as we did, be prepared to spend a lot of money on taxis every day. Second problem as everyone here agrees is the lack of TLC as it is a forgotten factor in this hotel.
Good things about the hotel are the size of the rooms and staff that are very professional and courteous.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Tilbury, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Not the most impressive place I've stayed but then again after reading the reviews before going my expectations was not that high anyway.
No air con whatsoever, no gas for 2 days, when we did get gas the hobs were stuck on very low heat. Had to ask for new towels & loo roll as we ran out as the cleaners only came in to make the bed twice. Couldn't turn the tv over all week so had to put up with CNN.
Would I stay again? yes. It's in a good place for a nice walk to the beach. Local shops, bars & restaurants outside.
People on reception were always helpful and happy to help.
End of the day, we managed to put our heads down to sleep every night and the fridge worked for our spirits and Pepsi.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

This was the best holiday in Majorca i've ever had. You people writing negative reviews are stuck up and don't appreciate a truly amazing hotel! I arrived here on the 16th August 2012 and left on the 27th August 2012. I love the rooms and i don't care what anyone else says- I LOVE the decor! I spent alot of days lying on sunloungers at the poolside soaking in the sun or heading to the beach and coming back to the cool airconditioning of my room. People who say the airconditioning is on for too long- funnily enough the reason it's on till 4am is because alot of people come back at that time (me and my family didn't, but some people did)! And anyway you DO realise there's an off-button right?! And that it comes on again the next day aswell? There is no pleasing some people.....

The food was delicious, we sometimes stayed and had lunch there before heading out to explore Santa Ponsa, and the staff were so friendly! I love this place! I had such low expectations after reading the negative, lying, spiteful reviews that I felt that I didn't want to go there anymore. I'm SO glad that I did and I enjoyed myself thoroughly! The only bad thing i have to say is that alot of the partygoers tend to get back around the hours of 2-4am so bring your earmuffs! And that if you're on ground level then people tend to think it's okay to jump over your balcony and knock on your door! But that is not the hotels fault, that's entirely the fault of your neighbours and if you were/are someone who does this, please be slightly more considerate that's all I ask. So the hotel all in all was wonderful and I SHALL be returning again, either with my family again or sometime with my friends!

This review was written by a 13 year old. Yes, a TEENAGER. And as many of you know, teenagers are very hard to please. And it's a miracle that a hotel that you've read so much negative reviews about could please a teenager like me, so that must count for something. If I enjoyed it, I KNOW that you will. So PLEASE ignore every negative comment you see about this hotel, read up on the good, honest reviews about it, and if you haven't already, book, pack and go have to holiday of your life and SPOIL yourself! It's a holiday people! Now go and jump on that plane and tell yourself that you are a good person who doesn't listen to negative thoughts!

Go have a good time, and i expect to read a good review from you. A pleasant one, to let me know how the hotel is doing and fr you to help calm down those who have read so many negative reviews so that they too can share a positive feeling about Ola Bouganvillia.

Room Tip: Any room is good, but one that has a good view, or by the poolside is an excellent choice if you nee...
Ballymena, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

We have just returned from a family holiday staying at the Ola Bouganvilla studios. Firstly can I say they are not 5 star by any stretch of the imagination however for the price you pay they do what they say on the tin. The Studios are very clean although the decor could do with updating. The sheets and towels where very good quality and immaculately white. The only down side I would say is that the air conditioning only works from 6pm - 4 am and in high season with very high temperatures it can be a little sweltering in the morning. The pools are lovely with a large slide and an excellent childrens pool. There were an animation team who worked hard to keep children and adults entertained daily with aqua gym and water polo and various pool side games. The girl on reception was very friendly and accomodating. There was a supermarket and a few restaurants and bars accross the road.

Copenhagen, Denmark
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

This hotel was ready for redevolopment ages ago. Have never seen anything so disgusting as this. Had to keep slippers on all this time because the tiles on the floor in the room were sticky and filled with sand. First room aircon didn't work. Got a new room after complaining. This time with aircondition smelling like an old mop. Further the management had decided that aircondition should only be in operation from 4pm till 4am and not at noon when the temprature was 40 deg.C The temprature was also controlled by the managemant. Not very nice when you're travelling with a 2monts old baby. As others have written already - The walls are paper thin and the noise from the hall is unbearable.

Ipswich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

Well I stayed at this hotel from the 11th july to 18th july for an week. I went with four other friends and we all range in our 20's.

As we arrived in the late morning our rooms were still being attended to and cleaned. We had to wait and the member of staff said to put our suitcases behind the desk while we waited. We finally managed to get two interlocking rooms.

The rooms were spacious and clean. We never used the cooking facilities there, but looked like you would be able to cook a simple dish with the cutlery and saucepans provided. The electricity worked by slotting your card in every time, but because we had items in the fridge we took the large plastic bit of the keyring and popped a folded map in the second room ( as we couldn't removed plastic bit of keyring) it done just the job and kept the fridge going when we were out and about.The cleaner came in and changed out towels I think twice in the week we was there, although Im not sure if the bed sheets were changed at all..

The restaurant bar was never open but the pool bar was.. The swimming pool was alright and had a slide for the kids and adults ;). We did however find it hard to get a sunbed.. Unfortunately we noticed the early birds reserving sunbeds with their towels and leaving them, not returning to them till late morning. Some of the sunbeds were in poor condition and really needed replacing or fixing.

The area is very family orientated so I found the area a little boring at times. Magaulf was a taxi ride away costing 12/13 euros. Beach is about 10 /15min walk depending how fast you walk. The beach is gorgeous, but just remember to watch your stuff as we had an incident regarding two of my friends bags being stolen. The police men were unhelpful and really didnt want to know..

There are some really nice restaurants to eat at but I would definitely recommend 'The Diva bar' at the back entrance of the hotel. Monday nights they have a BBQ for 10 euros (I think it was) you get a glass of wine included and can help yourself to some very juicy BBQ food.

I would certainly recommend western world water park. 27 euros per person get a free shuttle bus there from hotel... An extra 4 euros for a locker but we managed to put 3 bags in there.. I wouldn't bother hiring out the rubber rings as most of the flumes have there own.. You just have to wait a little longer to borrow one..

Overal I had a great relaxing holiday with the girls and hotel done it job for what we paid for it. I wouldn't come back but that's only because the area was a little dull for me. Overal a good holiday :)

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Ola Apartamentos Bouganvillia? Share your experiences!