“Just a roof over your head” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ola Apartamentos Bouganvillia

You added Ola Apartamentos Bouganvillia to your Saves list
Ola Apartamentos Bouganvillia
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   C/ Des Centre, 4 | Costa de la Calma, 07180 Santa Ponsa, Calvia, Majorca, Spain   |
Ranked #28 of 36 Hotels in Santa Ponsa
Tilbury, England, United Kingdom
“Just a roof over your head”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Not the most impressive place I've stayed but then again after reading the reviews before going my expectations was not that high anyway.
No air con whatsoever, no gas for 2 days, when we did get gas the hobs were stuck on very low heat. Had to ask for new towels & loo roll as we ran out as the cleaners only came in to make the bed twice. Couldn't turn the tv over all week so had to put up with CNN.
Would I stay again? yes. It's in a good place for a nice walk to the beach. Local shops, bars & restaurants outside.
People on reception were always helpful and happy to help.
End of the day, we managed to put our heads down to sleep every night and the fridge worked for our spirits and Pepsi.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

This was the best holiday in Majorca i've ever had. You people writing negative reviews are stuck up and don't appreciate a truly amazing hotel! I arrived here on the 16th August 2012 and left on the 27th August 2012. I love the rooms and i don't care what anyone else says- I LOVE the decor! I spent alot of days lying on sunloungers at the poolside soaking in the sun or heading to the beach and coming back to the cool airconditioning of my room. People who say the airconditioning is on for too long- funnily enough the reason it's on till 4am is because alot of people come back at that time (me and my family didn't, but some people did)! And anyway you DO realise there's an off-button right?! And that it comes on again the next day aswell? There is no pleasing some people.....

The food was delicious, we sometimes stayed and had lunch there before heading out to explore Santa Ponsa, and the staff were so friendly! I love this place! I had such low expectations after reading the negative, lying, spiteful reviews that I felt that I didn't want to go there anymore. I'm SO glad that I did and I enjoyed myself thoroughly! The only bad thing i have to say is that alot of the partygoers tend to get back around the hours of 2-4am so bring your earmuffs! And that if you're on ground level then people tend to think it's okay to jump over your balcony and knock on your door! But that is not the hotels fault, that's entirely the fault of your neighbours and if you were/are someone who does this, please be slightly more considerate that's all I ask. So the hotel all in all was wonderful and I SHALL be returning again, either with my family again or sometime with my friends!

This review was written by a 13 year old. Yes, a TEENAGER. And as many of you know, teenagers are very hard to please. And it's a miracle that a hotel that you've read so much negative reviews about could please a teenager like me, so that must count for something. If I enjoyed it, I KNOW that you will. So PLEASE ignore every negative comment you see about this hotel, read up on the good, honest reviews about it, and if you haven't already, book, pack and go have to holiday of your life and SPOIL yourself! It's a holiday people! Now go and jump on that plane and tell yourself that you are a good person who doesn't listen to negative thoughts!

Go have a good time, and i expect to read a good review from you. A pleasant one, to let me know how the hotel is doing and fr you to help calm down those who have read so many negative reviews so that they too can share a positive feeling about Ola Bouganvillia.

Room Tip: Any room is good, but one that has a good view, or by the poolside is an excellent choice if you nee...
Ballymena, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

We have just returned from a family holiday staying at the Ola Bouganvilla studios. Firstly can I say they are not 5 star by any stretch of the imagination however for the price you pay they do what they say on the tin. The Studios are very clean although the decor could do with updating. The sheets and towels where very good quality and immaculately white. The only down side I would say is that the air conditioning only works from 6pm - 4 am and in high season with very high temperatures it can be a little sweltering in the morning. The pools are lovely with a large slide and an excellent childrens pool. There were an animation team who worked hard to keep children and adults entertained daily with aqua gym and water polo and various pool side games. The girl on reception was very friendly and accomodating. There was a supermarket and a few restaurants and bars accross the road.

Copenhagen, Denmark
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

This hotel was ready for redevolopment ages ago. Have never seen anything so disgusting as this. Had to keep slippers on all this time because the tiles on the floor in the room were sticky and filled with sand. First room aircon didn't work. Got a new room after complaining. This time with aircondition smelling like an old mop. Further the management had decided that aircondition should only be in operation from 4pm till 4am and not at noon when the temprature was 40 deg.C The temprature was also controlled by the managemant. Not very nice when you're travelling with a 2monts old baby. As others have written already - The walls are paper thin and the noise from the hall is unbearable.

Ipswich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

Well I stayed at this hotel from the 11th july to 18th july for an week. I went with four other friends and we all range in our 20's.

As we arrived in the late morning our rooms were still being attended to and cleaned. We had to wait and the member of staff said to put our suitcases behind the desk while we waited. We finally managed to get two interlocking rooms.

The rooms were spacious and clean. We never used the cooking facilities there, but looked like you would be able to cook a simple dish with the cutlery and saucepans provided. The electricity worked by slotting your card in every time, but because we had items in the fridge we took the large plastic bit of the keyring and popped a folded map in the second room ( as we couldn't removed plastic bit of keyring) it done just the job and kept the fridge going when we were out and about.The cleaner came in and changed out towels I think twice in the week we was there, although Im not sure if the bed sheets were changed at all..

The restaurant bar was never open but the pool bar was.. The swimming pool was alright and had a slide for the kids and adults ;). We did however find it hard to get a sunbed.. Unfortunately we noticed the early birds reserving sunbeds with their towels and leaving them, not returning to them till late morning. Some of the sunbeds were in poor condition and really needed replacing or fixing.

The area is very family orientated so I found the area a little boring at times. Magaulf was a taxi ride away costing 12/13 euros. Beach is about 10 /15min walk depending how fast you walk. The beach is gorgeous, but just remember to watch your stuff as we had an incident regarding two of my friends bags being stolen. The police men were unhelpful and really didnt want to know..

There are some really nice restaurants to eat at but I would definitely recommend 'The Diva bar' at the back entrance of the hotel. Monday nights they have a BBQ for 10 euros (I think it was) you get a glass of wine included and can help yourself to some very juicy BBQ food.

I would certainly recommend western world water park. 27 euros per person get a free shuttle bus there from hotel... An extra 4 euros for a locker but we managed to put 3 bags in there.. I wouldn't bother hiring out the rubber rings as most of the flumes have there own.. You just have to wait a little longer to borrow one..

Overal I had a great relaxing holiday with the girls and hotel done it job for what we paid for it. I wouldn't come back but that's only because the area was a little dull for me. Overal a good holiday :)

• Stayed July 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

Thought it may be best to get the not so satisfying parts of my review out of the way 1) hotel is lovely in terms of reception area and pool areas but rooms are very old and in desperate need of modernisation myself and my family were placed on the 5th floor and despite the odd bout of ants on the balcony it was generally ok however was very in need of modernising the air con is ancient (although we were great ful for it) and the lighting and general decor is very old and dated. My mother and fathers room was on the ground floor and was generally dreadful it smelled constantly the decor was awful (and even more in need of updating than mine) and seemed generally unclean with lots of weird and wonderful creatures. 2) the Hotel is a favourite for the "travellers" from Ireland and they were intimidating, generally very I'll mannered, they stole "everything" from other children around the pool, they were generally quite inconsiderate (spitting in pool areas, eating in the pool, destroying people toys and water wings etc), loud, rowdy but worst of all was the thieving. A known to be travelling group stole a ladies purse right in front of us and when the lady realised and protested the file who stole it never seemed put out at all. We felt we had to be alert and on guard at all times they were very unfriendly people. Now for the positives ! Santa ponsa itself is a lovely place to visit very family orientated and friendly caters well for the needs of families (as does the bouganvillia appartments with onside games room crazy golf park Internet cafe etc), the hotel staff were very accommodating and couldn't be more helpful when asked for anything at all and they were exceptionally considerate of children and catering for them. The pool areas were lovely and there were plenty of beds once the travellers had left the pool area was a much more friendly place and people were generally considerate of one another and respected each others space. There was plenty to do if lounging doesn't satisfy with diving water sports zorbing and Zumba in the pool run by the hotel staff. Evening entertaining was also good for children parrot shows reptile shows acrobatics shows and the likes. The nearby "square" is brilliant for families too with a wide verity of groups and tribute acts to suit all tastes. Good selection of shops bars and restaurants nearby too and I must mention the kids favourite "waka pizza" just over the road to the bouganvillia which is amazing and very good value for money for self caterers! Overall we had an amazing time and didn't let the gripes of poor decor / apartment rooms or the inconsiderate travellers spoil our holiday it is a lovely place and bouganvillia is well situated in Santa ponsa particularly for people in a budget! The "other end" of Santa ponsa seems more expensive than where we were situated. Overall a fabulous holiday and the rating only reflected the hotel itself which was a Shane because it does have potential to be even better!!! I also wish to note that there are a lot of Irish generally in Santa ponsa and I am in no way insinuating that all travellers are inconsiderate thieves with no manners just the ones who stay "every year..." to quote them in our experience!

• Stayed July 2012
Glasgow
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

The reason behind giving this hotel 3 stars as when i arrived with my partner at midnight we had a couple of reservations about our room, we were not 5 mins into our room when we noticed that the sliding door did not close securely therefore making the room unsecure to any other apartments on the left and right to climb into and for the public to enter. However, reception acted quickly on changing our rooms and making sure that the sliding door was securely closed from the inside and that the air-con system would work as in the other room it did not as the door did not click.

So we had got our new room, thinking everything was fine but there was a mystery door behind the fridge so like sherlock homles at the back of midnight i decided to investigate to where this led, to my astonishment it led into a french family on holidays room. Giving me a sense of insecurity of my well being knowing someone could enter while i was sleeping. So my partner went back down to reception who informed us that they would close this in the morning, they did honour this but its safe to say that we didnt have a very good sleep that night waking up at every sound as we thought the neighbours were murderers haha ..

Anyway thats the worst of it over, we did read a few bad reviews but its the same as anything until you go yourself you dont ever fully know what your going to get, this hotel was very clean as in other reviews it is very dated but this hotel does have great potential to be a great hotel, few of the locals we spoke to said that the ola was one of the best hotels around but it had been recently taken over, the staff in the hotel were brill, so friendly and never without a smile.

Every night there was entertainment on at the poolside bar, games ect on stage and during the day there were lots of other things like water polo ect however one very strange staff member who did speak good english but prefered to blow his whistle ALL the time.

This hotel isnt actually in santa ponsa as we were led to believe but actually in costa de la calma but dont worry its a very short walk to the main strip and taxi to a from is 3/4 euros, most nights we would start at the celts well and move down the main strip.

Listen it is a very family based hotel giving it a nice relaxing atmosphere, only thing i would say is you had better take your alarm clock for a sun lounger as all were taken by 8am by people reserving beds, it was very annoying if you had been on a bender the night before and had to get up earl, i didnt like the fact that you could reseve beds (which you really were not allowed to do) but if you didnt you wouldnt get one at a decent spot ! most annoying thing about it was that some people who put towels on beds did not return to them until maybe 3/4pm. The walls are paper thin but as long as you dnt get placed beside a loud crowd you will be fine - we could hear conversations but we slept well !! Also on our last day we found out the hotel actually has a small gym with weights ect !!

Top place where we ate for breakfast, dinner etc was the Tuck Inn which is a short distance walk and very worthwhile as it is priced well and portions are fantastic, staff are lovely, where i know going on holiday it is good to try different places however if something is good and you have no sickness after it lol why change the place you eat in if you enjoy the freshly cooked meals and the pleasent staff !!! Highly recommend this place also dish of the day New Yorker

Dont be put off by some of the negative comments because if you get a room that is suitable, dont get me wrong it is very basic but lets face it we dont all go on holiday to sit in our rooms, if the company that own this hotel put a little bit of investment into the decor ect as i said before it defo has the potential to be a great hotel. We also met a lovely couple and there parents which defo made our holiday great :-D !!!

Room Tip: defo try and get a pool view - our view looked onto the front which isnt terrible but i think i woul...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Ola Apartamentos Bouganvillia? Share your experiences!