“Always a friendly welcome” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Park Apartments

Save Saved
You added Holiday Park Apartments to your Saves list
Holiday Park Apartments
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ramon de Moncada 35, 07180 Santa Ponsa, Calvia, Majorca, Spain   |
Ranked #1 of 35 Hotels in Santa Ponsa
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Always a friendly welcome”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Second time we have stayed here. We stayed from 2 to 9 September. We asked for an easy-access apartment and this was given us as requested. The staff are all very friendly and helpful. Very clean and well maintained. Only a short walk to the Irish strip where there are plentiful bars and restaurants, but just out of reach of the noise. Easy access to Palma by bus, 25 minutes on the 102 - the Express. We would definitely stay here again when in Santa Ponsa.

Room Tip: This accommodation is on several floors with lift only to first level - best to ask for lower levels...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Polish first
co.laois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Stayed here here 16th to 27th september had a brilliant time but very disappointed with the entertainment the two who were doing it were far too young and had no interest in anyone other then themselves.Besides them the staff here are out of this world we have never been anywhere where we have been made to feel so welcome,antonio goes out of his way to make sure everyone is happy where do you get management like that anywhere,Anne marie is way out there for her hospitality to the people that stay here she is fab,Amy is just soo lovely will go out of her way to help you with anything you need,we absolutly love this place and will be definitly be returning next year.Thank you to all the staff including cleaners and maintenance.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Tralee, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Clean - Yes, Friendly - Yes, comfortable - Yes, Good Location - Yes, Well maintained - Yes, visit again - Yes (soon I hope).
Value for money - Yes.
To me this apartment complex ticks yes in just about every every box. And I would consider myself fairly fussy about a location.
We booked a late, end of summer holiday in Santa Ponsa in the Hotel Park Apartments. One reason was to avoid a place that was full of Kids (I have no idea what the place is like with kids, but I in my late forties and this is the type of holiday I wanted with my wife - quite)
I read the other reviews on this site and kinda thought that they maybe all sounded the same...they do because the place really is thais good.

It is close enough to the night life, yet far enough away to not have it interfere with any early nights you have. (i even stayed in the wing nearest to the town.

I did have two criticism - if I may, but they in no way took from the holiday ...1 there appeared to be a lot of steps to apartments - this has been said before by other reviewers. I was on the second floor (two apartments below me) the steps were not too bad, but there were some apartments that were up 5, maybe six stories... (to give them their due when we arrived there was a porter waiting for us and he carried our main bag up for us. very considerate).
Second was the Hired safe. they were a bit small for what I wanted. I hired one before I saw it, and I would still have hired it to be fair. but I had intended to place my SLR camera (i.e. big camera) in it some evenings when I didn't want to bring it with me. the camera wouldn't have fitted in it. It was really only useful for travel documents and such. But not every one has big items and as I said I would still have hired it for documents and jewellery. Having said this there was absolutely no hint of theft or such in the location. it was for piece of mid only. As I said neither of these spoiled the holiday.

Bar was pleasant, plenty of shade to sit under, enjoy a pint/lemonade etc. Snacks were grand too, but not a full meal- though Kids may be happy with it.

Reception staff were all very friendly and very helpful. You get a 'hallo' and 'good night' 'how are you', 'Is every thing ok?' that type of thing, just about every time you pass in or out.

If I was to change anything I would possible go a week earlier (I was there 3rd Oct to 10th Oct), and get quicker transfer from the airport (Not arranged through the Apartment, but rather my Travel agent).. No reflection on the Apartment complex, but the transfer was a bit much and my criticism is probably not belonging here, but here it is for you anyway. We were on the Bus for an hour waiting in the airport and then it too about an hour and a half of delivering everyone else to their apartments and hotels. Santa Ponsa (not just the Holiday Park) appeared to be the furthest away from the airport. as it was just the 2 of in our party it would have been expensive to pay for direct and personal transport (maybe 100 euro?) where as the was 15 euro each return...big difference, but then again we were on the bus nearly as long as the flight (inc. the waiting time at the airport...) you decide. Oh taxi appeared to be approx 40 euro (estimate) one way to SP. But as I said this had nothing to do with the Apartment complex.

One other pleasant thing was what appeared to be the owner was around and he would say hallow to everyone as well. Some times sitting down and chatting.

Would I go to the same place again? - let me put it this way, the the first thing I did when I came home was look it up to see how much it was to go again in May when they open (and before the Kids arrive...:-) )

The only problem is that when you read all the great reviews and decide to book the place the price might go up for when I want to book......So do yourself a favour and book it - or if you want to do me a favour Don't :-)

Room Tip: lower floors to avoid lots of stairs.
Barry, South Wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

We arrived 10am and check-in wasn't till 2.30 but the staff managed to book us in by 11.45. It is in an ideal location, quiet but there are lots of bars and restaurants near-by, plus the beach is only a 10 minute walk away
The apartments are spotlessly clean though basic,there is no TV or microwave (may beable to hire these though)
The staff were all very friendly and helpful
We would definately stay there again

Chippenham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

We booked this hotel via their own website after finding it on here. We were very impressed when we arrived with the lovley reception area and also with the very nice staff that greeted us. Our suitcases were brought up to our room for us and we immediately felt comfortable and at home. Lovely room and super cleaners who leave everything sparkling. We spent a lot of time around the pool and at the bar which was nice and relaxed and a pleasure to be around. We noticed that the manager is on top of things and is often walking around chatting to people and checking that everything is ship shape. I think nearly everyone staying here was a return customer except us! We really appreciated that at night they have a no noise policy and they excercised it.
On our last night we were left a nice complimentary bottle of wine with a note wishing us a safe journey and thought that was a delightful gesture.
This was not the last time they will be seeing us here!

Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We come and stay here every year and will continue doing as well ,
From the owner who is very helpful and spends time with his guests to the staff , they are all polite and know how to treat customers , this is what you expect , it has clean rooms and an great pool and bar , everything you need is here and there was no noisy customers keeping you awake , they are very strict on noise.. and we spent a week here with a large party of young and old so this place should suit you if your budgets tight but want 4 star treatment ! Highly recommend

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Liverpool
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Fri 5th-Mon 8th Oct.Great place,very very clean. Staff top notch offering water on our arrival. A few ants in room one night but when staff informed,dealt with within seconds,even though we said not a problem. Cant speak highly enough of the place. Was there for my 50th celebrations with 8 mates. Was left a card and a bottle of red wine as a compliment in room.
100 yards from the action. Thanks for a great weekend!

Room Tip: Some steps to0 rooms on 1st floor or above but lift offered so no problem
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Holiday Park Apartments? Share your experiences!