“Basic but did the job” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Aparthotel Holiday Center

and 1 more site!
You added Aparthotel Holiday Center to your Saves list
Aparthotel Holiday Center
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avda Ramon de Moncada 40, 07180 Santa Ponsa, Calvia, Majorca, Spain   |
Ranked #20 of 36 Hotels in Santa Ponsa
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Basic but did the job”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We arrived early afternoon after a logn transfer from the airport. The staff on Reception were not hugely friendly but that may have been mostly their lack of English and our lack of Spnish words more than "please", "thank you" and "how do I get to ...".

The apartment itself was on the first floor, so a lot of stairs from Reception down to the aprtments, so not great if you had a huge suitcase like I did! Apartment was basic but nice enough, we had a balcony with a lovely view over Santa Ponsa. The kitchen was not that clean but we ate out each night so wasn't a huge deal.

The only issue I had was that we were there for a week and while they changed our towels 3 times, they did not once change our bedding and after two days of trying to get to sleep in 20+ temps, you really need the bedding changed!

Pool area was lovely, very clean, nice loungers and plenty of space to lie about, bar area again nice and clean, staff friendly enough - overall a nice experience and a great holiday.

Room Tip: Go for one on the first floor and you'll get a balcony and a better view. We would need to walk...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Arrived at 2 am and no room although they did manage to fund us one eventually. Good size good location but needs updating and a good clean. No maid service. Air con and WiFi extra charge !! Pool didn't look too clean but beach close by. Enjoyed the weather but wouldn't return

• Stayed August 2013
Weybridge, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

We booked our family holiday ten days before going. Everything seemed in order and off we set. We arrived early hours of Wednesday 14th August at approx. 1.30am after a two hour transfer from the airport (which should only take approx. 40 mins). When we arrived there were five other families in the reception area extremely distressed and exhausted, we handed in our accomodation voucher to the night porter who sloaped off to the back office unconvincingly looking through his bookings to come back and say we needed to go to sun beach 100yrds down the road. At this point several of the fraught people in reception said 'don't go there its a hell hole ' they also pointed out it was a club 18-30 resort ! A this point my stomach sank and my kids faces dropped. My daughter 8 was really tired and my 12 yr old son said I want to go home. We sat the kids down and started talking to the other families some of them had been there since 6pm the early day and all were given the same experience. Some of the families had been down to the other resort SUN BEACH and had seen people in the pool having sex, condoms floating in the pool, broken glass down the corridors and to top it off it was above a strip club/nightclub which was open till 6am everyday. Sounds just perfect for families !!!!!!!. We eventually decided to camp down in reception till morning so gathered some sunloungers for the children to sleep on. The night porter just looked on and did not flinch! How any person could watch children as young as one sleep on a lounger in reception with no air conditioning. The worse thing was we were the sixth family to arrive but a further four more families arrived after us all given the same experience. During this night of hell we were not even offered any refreshments. I spoke to a manager across the road from the opposite hotel who said this had been going on for several weeks now as the hotel was in financial difficulty so was just selling rooms they did not have. This hotel had no morals or respect for anyone else. The morning receptionist came on at 8am who fortunately was English speaking she was mortified with the situation and agreed to sort it out. We were all offered breakfast courtesy of the hotel (whoopy do)! so they could have sometime to sort things out. This by no way made up for us getting no sleep and no help what so ever during the night. We eventually got our rooms at 10.30am but were shattered so slept the whole day, woke for something to eat at about 7.30pm then were back in bed at 10pm. We lost two days of our holiday due to this situation. My kids took three days to get back to feeling normal. I would say NEVER EVER GO HERE. Yes the apartments were ok, the pool was ok, the area was OK but even without the hideous experience upon arrival I would not pay £20 per person let alone £1316.00 for a family of four for self catering. The only plus side was meeting some amazing people that shared the same experience as us and their company in the evenings. I feel so fed up and annoyed that this was my family holiday for the year !!!!!!

Leicester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

we just returned from our 7 night holiday , I, ll start with our arrival at midnight we were told we had to go to another hotel(sun beach) as they were overbooked.i complained about this but to no avail,we found the hotel but were not impressed ,it was right over a bar playing music half the night,there was no air con, no bedding for my kids beds when we asked for some they gave us 2 sheets between 2 beds.the room was very dated and dirty , we couldn't sleep at all due to the heat in the rooms and noise from the bars and drunken yobs coming back to there room at all hours.in the morning we went to reception and demanded to be moved or there would be hell to pay, they soon found us a room back at holiday center .we stayed there last year and had a good holiday so thought this year would be the same ...how wrong we were , we only got clean towels once(after asking at reception) our room wasn't cleaned and we didn't get any clean bedding.the food at the pool bar was ok but the food in the restaurant was poor at best(we were self catering so it was costing us extra) I brought a drink and some rolls down 1 day to our sunbeds and was told we couldn't eat or drink our own stuff and had to buy it from the pool bar even though there was at least a dozen other people doing the same nothing was said to them.another day I got our sunbeds in the usual place , a bit later 1 of the waiters came over and told me mine was in the was and to move it ,I tried to talk to him but he just said either you move or I will. so I did .but the next day a group of woman had there sun beds in the same spot but he didn't say anything to them. but what really ruined our holiday was on our last day 1 of my kids went and ordered me a burger from the pool bar about half hour later I stil didn't have it so I went to speak to the same waiter whos name is juaquin he came out I showed him who ordered it he just went up to my son and called him a bloody liar and he has never seen him before so after a min or so I stood up to go and ask the other waiter were upon the first one pushed me back I told him not to touch me again or would put him on his bum he just laughed at me and called me a fatty and it would be me on the floor, at that I thought it best to go see the manager who surprisingly wasn't there again and was just offered an apology from the head waiter.after all that we couldn't wait to come home and will not be going back.alberto the head waiter is a nice guy as is felix the entertainer

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We just return from our 7nights holiday.I will begin with our arrival at 2am when we've been told they have no rooms available but we can go 400m down the road to another hotel(Sun Beach)where we can sleep overnight????While I was complaining about that I could notice another 8/9 very unhappy families.They strongly adviced me not to go there as is ADULTS ONLY hotel and totally unsuitable for us and our 13yrs old daughter so we had a rough sleep in the reception area on the sunbeds together with the other families.In the morning when staff members arrived they were just ignore us and tried to get rid of us by removing the sunbeds.When i ask to speak to the manager they told me he is not coming,finally one the receptionist(the lovely english lady)manage to sort us all during the morning hours!!!!!Room was ok but be prepared to pay extra for lockers,wi-fi and aircon.Swiming pool good size and clean.Food ok but not to much of variety.Overall it was a nice holiday except the bad experience at the beginning

• Stayed August 2013
Stourbridge
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We were met outside the hotel by a receptionist telling us we'd been 'upgraded' and were now staying in the Sun Beach 'down the road'. We drove round for at least 30mins before we found it and were instantly horrified.
The receptionist was a rather miserable Spanish man who took our passports and threw a key at us. I asked where the restaurant was and he replied, ‘We have no restaurant here you must go to Holiday Center to eat!’ I queried this but he insisted it was only 100m away.
We went up to our room and were instantly disappointed, it was basic, dated and dirty; not at all like we had expected and certainly not an upgrade! I reassured the family that we would return to the holiday Center and sort things as this was obviously a mistake. I used the toilet and after flushing there was the most horrendous noise, similar to a brass band playing for around 10 minutes.
We returned to the Holiday Center , which was a 10 minutes’ walk, not 100m, only to be told that there was nothing they could do. They had no rooms available at all and we would have to stay at Sun Beach. Despite my efforts they would not budge, but said that they would try to find us a room the following day.
Our children were scared; the Sun Beach was literally in the centre of all of the night life, with youths drunk & swearing all over the place. We stayed out that night as late as we possibly could, trying to take our minds off where we had to sleep. When we returned to the Sun Beach at around 2am, we were horrified to find people having sex in the swimming pool right before our eyes!
We returned to the holiday Center the following morning and could not believe our eyes. The hotel reception was full of people who had arrived on a flight the previous evening and had no rooms so had to sleep there! I went over to the reception and was shown a list of around 20 names, the receptionist advised that they were all waiting for a room and that the best she could do, would be to add us to the bottom of the list. She told us to go in for breakfast and come back to her afterwards.
We walked into the restaurant and again were appalled. The food was minimal and in the most part inedible. My partner and I had a coffee whilst the children had toast and then left. We returned to the Sun Beach, checked out and took our bags up to the holiday Center. New guests were arriving and being sent down to Sun Beach as we sat hoping to get a room, all being told that they had been ‘upgraded’.
It was truly unbelievable to see, a reception full of people being called to collect their room key in between new arrivals being shipped out. We finally got our room at around 2pm that day, and were determined to make the most of our remaining days.
That evening we returned to the restaurant for our evening meal. There was barely anything there and what there was did not look edible. I put on a brave face to try and keep the children happy but we couldn’t eat it, so instead returned to the town for food and drinks.
The following day we skipped breakfast and went to the local water park, making use of the car that we had hired to get us away from that awful place. A good day was had by all, and restored our optimism, but not for long. We returned to the hotel, took one look at the food and again headed straight out.
One day we went out again visiting Magaluf and Palma Nova, again trying to make the most of our holiday, and keeping the children happy. That evening we entered the restaurant to see people enjoying burgers. The kids were delighted, at last something that looks edible. We grabbed a table and sent the kids to get here burgers. They returned to the table empty handed, ‘they’ve run out mom’. What?!?! I walked up to the server and was indeed told, ‘we have not more food, and we have no money to buy food!’
We met up with a lovely family who were staying in the hotel self catering and they advised us of the most reasonable places to eat as we had already spent £500 in the first 3 days! We shared stories of our trouble there and discovered from them that there was a towel exchange, evening entertainment and other things that we had not been made aware of when we arrived.
The remaining days we spent either pool side or at the beach with our new friends, eating out with them and trying to be as economical as possible.
We tried on several occasions to speak to the hotel about our experience but each time we were met with more people waiting for rooms and getting irate. One family had a diabetic child and needed medication refrigerating; the hotel refused and told them to find a room elsewhere. They went out and paid €150.00, but when they returned the hotel refused to reimburse them and instead called the police and had them removed!
The rooms and pool area were nice, and the entertainer was very friendly but the hassle and stress experienced, totally ruined our holiday.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

I only stayed for 5 days just to have a little break with my toddler. It was a cheap deal so was very happy with what I got. A nice but small apartment with everything I needed. Good location, 7min walk from the beach. Nice lovely wide beach. Perfect for my toddler. Went self catering so can't comment on the food as I cooked. Apartment cleaned lovely however the maids didn't knock and nearly caught me as I was just grabbing a towel from having a bath.

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Aparthotel Holiday Center? Share your experiences!