“Brilliant holiday.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pirates VIllage

You added Pirates VIllage to your Saves list
Pirates VIllage
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avda Rey Jaime I, 07180 Santa Ponsa, Calvia, Majorca, Spain   |
Ranked #12 of 36 Hotels in Santa Ponsa
“Brilliant holiday.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

After reading some reviews I was apprehensive about the food, but I've got to say it was always fresh and really good quality. Great location and entertainment. All inclusive was amazing with two kids all staff were lovely and rooms were just what we needed. Booking again for next year will be somewhere we go every year would 100% recommend to any family. Xx

• Stayed October 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
  • Polish first
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

It was our first time in Santa Ponsa. A beautiful town, not too touristy and definitely a lot more classy than its close by counterpart Magaluf (which is till close enough that if you can escape the kids for an evening, you can go let your hair down).

The hotel was clean, safe and very well staffed during the all inclusive meal times and in the evening for entertainment and on the bar. Although due to it being close to residential properties, the bar shuts very early.

My kids loved the water slides and entertainment, and the guys who put on the shows are fantastic with the children and parents alike.

I would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a week in the sun with fun for the kids and activities close by for the grown ups.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Næstved, Danmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Great hotel for families with childreb. Stayed here 2 years in a row. everything really good, but the rooms need a makeover and a small playground for the kids would be perfekt!
Nice personal and really good swimmingpools! Good location in Santa Ponsa and not far from a very nice sandy Beach.

merseyside
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stayed at the pirates village the first week in September. This was our first family holiday with our 18 month old son. We stayed self catering in a basic but very clean and efficient apartment. It had everything that we required. They supplied a cot, had tv with peppa pig on! The only negative to the room was the balcony was not entirely safe. They had done their best by putting up mesh gauze however my determined toddler could manage to get his arms through so we didn't use the balcony to ensure his safety. The towels were plentiful
And changed daily. We took our own booster highchair however, these could be hired as could many other baby items. The hotel was all themed pirates as can be expected. It looks fab from the outside of An evening when it was all lit up. The pool area was clean and tidy. My son loved the slides, water bucket etc. We took a load of bath toys with us so he could play in the pool with them. Plenty of sun umbrellas and Loungers. None of this getting out really reserving them as others commented. There was also two lifeguards with first aid equipment pool side which helps to reassure parents. Activities for adults to do around the pool area aqua aerobics/ Zumba etc. The pirate invasion was fab and got all kids regardless of age and adults involved. The staff are fab and stay in "pirate" mode the whole time. The surrounding area of Santa ponsa is beautiful. We stayed during a national holiday so there was a lovely medieval festival just a short walk down the road by the beach. I loved all of the culture as did my son. There are plenty of bars and restaurants along the beach and we ate out each evening. Most evenings for a 3 course meal for 2 adults and jug of sangria plus soft drinks came to approximately €50 so can't complain with pricing. We went to the pirates show in magaluf which was amazing however, the food/ drinks was very poor! And they did not cater for babies at all! No highchair/ juice/meal etc so I had to give my son my meal whilst I had nothing. We also went to the marine park which was a lovely day out. We got a taxi however you can get a free bus from the bus station at the bottom of the road by the beach. There is two supermarkets right by The hotel one opposite and one to the right. Very cheap and brill for all your holiday supplies. They have everything pampers/ wipes/ john sons shampoo etc so no need to take loads of stuff away with you. A noticed they also had aptimil formula Aswel. Overall, we had an absolute amazing first holiday at the pirates village and we would love to return when my son is older. I can highly recommended if you have small children they would love this resort.

• Stayed September 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

Stayed at half term, excellent small venue, very personal, staff can't do enough to make your experience the best. Lots of daytime themed entertainment and at night even better!!
Took two grandchildren aged 7 and 4. So easy as so much to do, resort beach white sand and shallow. Ideal !
Themed show cooking, food very good and lots of choice for kids.
Would recommend to anyone, but wished we had booked themed room however 'standard' rooms are larger than average with separate double bedroom and kitchenette
Great place

Swinford, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We went here in July 2014 for a week, We didn't leave the complex for the week. It was a family holiday 2 Adults and 2 young children. The apartments were clean and spacious for the four of us. We went all inclusive and food and drink was nothing special but there was something to eat every evening.
The disco and shows for the kids was brilliant. Our 5 year old used to go to the Kids club each day for a few hours, he loved the programme each day. There were lots of children all around the swimming pools and he made lots of friends. We enjoyed the entertainment each night. we will be going back next year. Kids were so happy and safe, so parents very happy

Room Tip: Opposite side to the entertainment, can be loud in the evenings
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
belfast
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed here for 13 nights in Sept-Oct – my mother, 2 year old daughter and myself (husband joined us for a long weekend).
First impressions – absolutely horrible… we arrived at 9.15 pm and the private techno party was at full swing at the pool. The noise was unbelievable and continued on until midnight. Not what you want after a day’s travel. We were allocated an apartment right above the bar and although the hotel officially stopped serving drink at midnight (I think), the lights stayed on and families WITH SMALL KIDS AND BABIES stayed at the bar drinking, shouting and singing songs until 2am!!! The bedroom faced the busy road at the front of the hotel, very nosy as well, so we had to have all windows and all doors closed, the heat was unbearable! I was far from happy… Hotel did accommodate my request for a quieter room away from the bar the following day, however it’s worth noting that every living room faces the pool area, so if you are planning for your kids to sleep in the living room – it will not be quiet until midnight at least. We found we had to keep the living room balcony door opened to create a draft as there is NO AIR CONDITIONING IN THE BEDROOM, where it’s most needed! So to get any air in the bedroom we had to keep all doors and windows opened as the living room air conditioning wasn’t reaching to the bedroom. The apartments are basic but acceptable (could do with some updating and repairs - see my photos), the cleaning and towel/bedding changing was not satisfactory, again I complained a few times and got a helpful response from the lady at the reception. She genuinely was nice and friendly, so was the doorman. The beds are ok all comfortable enough, but the cotbed was not great - the mattress had very little support and my child was not comfortable and ended up sleeping with me most of the time.
The food was not the best, the variety was ok (although the breakfast was the same thing every day), but the quality of food was poor in my opinion, cheaper cuts of meat and not particularly well cooked. The salads were far from fresh and you had to pick through tomatoes and cucumber to avoid soggy bits which were well past their best. Twice in one week I had to come back to the service area and ask them to cook the chicken for bit longer as it was totally bloody and raw inside! So watch what you eat! There were no fresh juices at all (only diluting juices, which were revolting!), and as none of our party drink fizzy drinks we were restricted to water or alcohol. There are self-service taps for wine, sangria and beer. My husband tried beer and it was ok, sangria was ok, wines – stay away in my opinion. The staff at the restaurant were friendly enough and did work hard, but you’d be shocked to see what state some families left their tables in after dinner! It was a true disgrace and I felt embarrassed and sorry for the staff of the hotel. But then these are the people who let their kids drink fizzy and slush drinks FOR BREAKFAST and run riot until 2am, keeping the whole place awake. This hotel promotes themselves as a family place, but they did very little to deal with destructive behaviour like kids jumping on the piled up sun loungers and pushing each other into the pool. It certainly did not feel safe for my two year old. The evening entertainment seems to be enjoyed by older kids, but starts too late (9pm) and far too loud and therefore inconsiderate for families who are trying to put their younger kids to bed. I also didn’t feel that I could leave my daughter at the playgroup on her own and stayed there with her as the older kids were playing very rough, probably high on sugar from all the free ice cream and pepsi, both available on self-service and trust me – the kids take full advantage of this without adult supervision.
The pools and slides are all ok, again – better for older kids, no slides suitable for a toddler. People drink and smoke at the pool, not pleasant if you are none-smoker and moderate drinker.
Basically you get the message: parents sun themselves and drink all day and half the night and kids run loose in parallel with the parents. This place was not for us and we just about survived our 13 days…
However, this might be your type of holiday as we saw plenty of happy families there who were very much enjoying themselves.

PS The beach is about 10 min walk and not too busy, water is shallow and safe for kids. We went there every day, much preferring it to the crowded pool area of the hotel. There are some nice places to eat in town as well, so you don't have to cook if you decide to go self-catering. The large Euroski supermarket is literally next door to the hotel, which is very handy. There is a very small playground right behind the hotel, bit to get to it you have to go around the whole block - about 15 min walk! It would be handy if the hotel had a back gate!

Room Tip: avoid apartments above or near the bar, but NOWHERE is quiet at Pirates Village! so just bring ear p...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family

Been to Pirates VIllage? Share your experiences!