“Absolutely loved it” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pirates VIllage

You added Pirates VIllage to your Saves list
Pirates VIllage
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avda Rey Jaime I, 07180 Santa Ponsa, Calvia, Majorca, Spain   |
Ranked #12 of 36 Hotels in Santa Ponsa
Limerick, Ireland
“Absolutely loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in may with my two daughters and friend and loved it can't fault anything we went ai when we arrived and the food was lovely . Loved the shows staff very kind and helpful especially elvira and Paul can't wait to go back next year. Donna from Limerick Ireland

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
  • Polish first
Trondheim, Sor-Trondelag, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

This is the second time I have been here in the summer. It was SOOO good that I came back with my family and once again having a fantastic time - our best trip EVER!

The entertainment is great, every day is full with suprises and "wow-experience".
Have eating in the snack-bar and the food is delicous.

All the staff is amazing! So nice and kind, always ready to help.

As the saying goes "i will be back".

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

The only reasons I couldn't give this place full marks is there is not a very good choice for dinner. I always managed to find something I could eat however my partner is fussy and they should have more selection for kids buffet. The stay in the hotel was comfy enough but the livingroom size in the picture looks a lot bigger than reality. Kitchen in livingroom is a big bonus even though we were all inclusive.

Kids love the pirate shows and the entertainment. The entertainment staff are so friendly and I would trust my kids to be left in the kids club there on our return visit next year. It was an exciting place to stay and have already recommended to family and friends. Great atmosphere as its very family orientated.

Room Tip: All rooms have a pool view :)
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

This is NOT a hotel, it is basically a furnished apartment. Hotels have daily maid service, which this place does not have. We got a maid coming in to make the beds and fold the towels every second day, but it was not cleaned. Many problems with this hotel. There is only ONE key per room, which means with 2 adults in the room we needed to coordinate where we would be at all times which is a big inconvenience. The first night we were there my husband went down to reception to ask for extra pillow since there were none in the room. He took the key with him as I wanted to lie down. Five minutes after he left I heard the key in the door and then pillows were thrown on me on the bed. I got up in shock to see that it was the maid. Then she walked out. I could not believe that a maid walked into my room at that hour of the night without knocking and had the nerve to throw the pillows. After complaining to 2 different receptionists, nothing was done about this. Is this a hotel? The 3rd day I was there, I asked a maid for extra towels to replace the ones in my room since they had not been changed, just folded and put back up, she told me there were none available. There were only enough for the rooms and no extras. HOW does a hotel run like this? I have never paid this much and not received proper service. The glasses we used in the room and left in the kitchen sink were just left there. Not washed, nothing. When I asked the receptionist about it, she said we need to clean it ourselves. With what I asked, there is no dishwashing liquid or soap of any kind. No answer, just a smile and then she walks away. ?!????!!! What is that? Are we supposed to buy for the room? Plus we have to have our own towels to use in the pool, you cannot use the room towels. How much extra are we supposed to be spending to stay in this so called hotel. The walls are paper thin, so everyone walking by talking can be heard inside, which is fine during the day. BUT at night when you are trying to sleep? I complained when I left, asked to speak to the manager (who was not there conveniently), I asked them to contact me which still has not happened. The only good thing I can say about this place is that the kids enjoyed the pool and entertainment. But if you want more than that, this is not the place for you. Besides the bad hotel and an experience with a bad restaurant, Delfino Indonesian food next to Marineland, Santa Ponsa, Mallorca is a great vacation to take with the family.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I agree with the last review, I went in June 2013, with my partner & 8yr old daughter & 3yr old son. I had no reviews to go on before booking last year & Im glad because I probably wouldnt have booked it otherwise given the comments here. The rooms are a little dated, but they were very clean, comfortable and very roomy. The maids came every couple of days to change towels/make the beds. The pool area was busy and my only complaint was being choked by smokers (sorry if you smoke). We always managed to get a bed, there were plenty available. The pools were fantastic and I hardly saw my 8 year old daughter! The kids club was run by a reliable, fun team who the children took to very well. Security was paramount too.

The restaurant did get busy at times but we were always able to find a table. There were queues but thats to be expected and there was a wide range of quality food available for everyone, including my extremely fussy daughter. She ate the most variety of food Ive ever seen, which suggests to me about the quality of the meals. Plenty of choice for breakfast, although more than 1 toast machine might have helped.

The children loved the pirate attacks twice a week and the mini disco and entertainment was mostly enjoyable. Plenty to do in the daytime with aqua gym, aqua zumba, yoga, water polo, etc although watch out for Robbie as he is quite competitive! :-)

Overall, we had nothing short of a fantastic holiday, Id love to return again and I probably will.

Thanks Pirates Village - youre doing a great job!

Room Tip: Choose a ground floor room if possible as higher rooms are not so easy to get to.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We booked this hotel as a joke almost. With teenagers they are never usually happy with the hotel so we thought we would give them something to complain about. This backfired somewhat as they had a fantastic time and for the first time in a long time great fun was had by all.
The Hotel looks fantastic as you drive up to it. We arrived in the middle of the night and were greeted politely by the receptionist and checked in swiftly.
Our apartment was on the third (top) floor and there are two lifts just by reception.
The Apartment had one bedroom , quite sizeable with two single beds ,a large wardrobe and dresser , the beds were comfortable enough and clean bedding on the beds.
The kitchen/living room had two single sofa beds that were extremely comfortable. My son is 6 foot tall though and was too long for the sofa bed so I would say that they are really only suitable for children and adults under 5"6.
The kitchen was well equipped we cooked breakfast every day and some lunch and dinner , we didn't come across anything we didn't have.
The hot water tap wasn't working when we arrived however was fixed when we asked. The apartment was clean and the maid came every second day , changed the towels etc. people have complained on here about the lack of cleanliness in the apartments, however I have always gone by the rule that if your in an apartment then you have to keep it generally tidy yourself during your stay and the maid is there to change the towels and bedding etc.
What really makes this place is the non stop entertainment By the most enthusiastic animation team I have ever come across.
My 18 year old has epilepsy and not a fan of the sun. He usually spends his holidays in the shade keeping cool. Due to the enthusiasm of the animation team and the fun everyone else was having , He took part in Pilates , aquafit, aqua Zumba , water polo .
From what I witnessed the young kids had a fantastic time with the kids club members , the swimming pool and water slides are great fun.
In the evenings there was a kids disco followed by some kind of entertainment. It's difficult to entertain to everyone's taste however as far as freely provided entertainment goes it wasn't too bad. It varied between singers , acrobats , karaoke , magic shows. The highlight was the close magic on Friday evening that guy was amazing. I think there is a lot of very expensive show in Majorca in the evenings , the pirate show , the circus etc so if the entertainment at the hotel isn't your cup of tea then there are alternatives.
We booked room only through bookings.com on a room only basis as we like to eat out and try new places , however we did order lunch on one occasion at the bar and the food was reasonably priced and and tasty. We could have had dinner in the all inclusive restaurant for €14 or a days all inclusive for €28. We did have a look around the restaurant one evening and the food looked lovely , a good variety and fresh.
There is only one bar , perhaps something that could be changed as no matter how many
staff there are , if they are all
behind one bar it makes no
difference to the size of the queue. However in the past when I have been in all inclusive hotels the hotel deters guests from staying in the hotel in the evening , obviously they don't want people sitting drinking in the hotel all night. This isn't the case at pirates village, the exact opposite almost. The kids disco doesn't finish until after 9pm and the evening entertainment begins around 10pm and this is why the bar stays busy. No one is leaving to go else where, because there is just no need. This is rare in an all inclusive hotel.
It's not a huge sprawling hotel complex with hundreds of apartments so was a nice friendly environment. Kids all played together , there were people from all over the world
holidaying there , its not full of British tourists. There is a good variety of supermarkets and shops around the hotel if you are self catering. It's only a short walk to the Main Street and beach. This really is a fantastic hotel and I'm sure the minor teething problems its had since adopting a new concept are sorted it will be one of these hotels you will have to book well in advance to even get a room.
I would defiantly go back.

• Stayed July 2013
Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I would have been more than happy to give this a 4 star but food was very tasteless and not to our liking and having been to other all inclusive hotels in recent years we found the set up rather average and not great for a 3 star hotel. The apartments are not great either, but come on we paid for a 3 star hotel and not for a 5 star so can not complain that much. Entertainments team, bar staff and life guards are all great and we enjoyed their welcome.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Pirates VIllage? Share your experiences!