1 Week stay. Too short!!
During week found staff very helpful and friendly from reception, to housekeeping, to maintenance man through to night porter. Some restaurant staff (not all of them but the majority of them) could do with customer service training. Their manner can be unfriendly and grumpy but this did not really affect us as there is no need to have much interaction with them as food is self service. Reception arranged car hire for us, return airport transfer, charged iphones, etc, and nothing was any trouble for them.They were excellent. We had a very early check out and night porter had cold breakfast ready for us.
Rooms and hotel are spotless. AC available free of charge. Lovely balcony, bathroom good size with lots of hot water at any time of day with good water pressure. Hand soap and shower gel provided- handy for Ryan Air passengers. Fresh towels if required everyday.Hairdryers are available from reception for a deposit only fee. Room had double and single bed. Beds very comfortable. Room good size, plenty of room for everything for 3 adults for one week. Did notice all rooms seem to have interconnecting doors with room next door which could be handy for family stays. However, could be a nightmare if one had noisy neighbors or neighbors that snore!! We had room on second floor with a pool view. In October this was lovely as pool and entertainment was very quiet. This may not be the case in high season. Only down side was no fridge in room. One can hire a fridge at €7 per day but this on top of safe hire can add to weeks stay.
Stayed on half board. Food while not haute cuisine is excellent for what we paid. Good selection of fresh food at breakfast buffet and dinner buffet. Food choice covers all nationalities and tastes and is constantly topped up during service.
Breakfast has cold meats, cheeses, cereals, yogurts, fresh fruit, tinned fruit, cereals, breads,croissonts, pastries, copious amounts of juice, coffee, tea, jams, honey, etc. Hot section has scrambled, boiled, and fried eggs. (fried eggs are fried on an ongoing basis at the grill section along with pancakes). Bacon, sausage selection, grilled tomatoes also provided. Yes there are green beans and other "odd" breakfast selections provided at breakfast but one mans food is another mans poison!
Dinner is equally impressive, with a very large selection of fresh salads, breads,cold meats, cheese, sauces and oils for salad dressings. There was always a large selection of hot food each night. Different type potatoes, vegetables, pizza slices, paella, fish, meats, gravy, etc. One could eat as much wanted.
Dessert included cheeses, fresh fruit, tinned fruit, choice of 3 icecreams each night. Different nights also had, creamed rice or jelly or mousse or creme brulee or mini cake slices.
Drinks were available to order at table. Eg 1/2lt water was €2.30.
Hotel in great location. Central to everything in resort. We stayed in October. This is a wonderful time of year to visit Santa Ponca. Peaceful and resort not crowded; hotel was fully booked though.
Would definitely stay in this hotel again.
- Also Known As:
- Hesperia Playas De Mallorca Hotel Santa Ponsa
- Hesperia Playas De Mallorca Hotel
- Hesperia Playas De Mallorca Santa Ponsa, Majorca
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come to the Hesperia Playas De Mallorca for some fun under the Mediterranean sun! Our magnificent seafront hotel is just a stone’s throw from the historic city of Palma. This way, you can enjoy the best of both worlds – relaxation on the beach and the excitement of the city nearby! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Olotels, Venere, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Hesperia Playas de Mallorca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.