“Happy Happy Hubby!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of SENTIDO Punta del Mar

Save Saved
You added SENTIDO Punta del Mar to your Saves list
SENTIDO Punta del Mar
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   c/ Huguet des Far, 11 | Urb Es Castellot, 07180 Santa Ponsa, Calvia, Majorca, Spain   |
Ranked #2 of 35 hotels in Santa Ponsa
durham
“Happy Happy Hubby!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2009

My husband thanked me for two days for taking him to this fab hotel and it's beautiful location. I feel for the people who were not happy with their stay but for us everything was perfect. Will return again.

895 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
  • Polish first
glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2009

We have just returned from an excellent holiday at the Punta Del Mar. Although the hotel is located slightly further away from the main town area than we usually choose the spectacular setting, sea views and superb food more than compensated for the extra walking. Customer service is high on their agenda and we founds all staff to be extremely polite and helpful. The waiters and bar staff were always upbeat and welcoming.
The room we had was a great size with a separate bedroom and living area, en suite shower room and large bathroom.
The pool is great and there is plenty of room for loungers surrounding the area although parasols are in shorter supply for those preferring to stay out of the sun!.
The views are breathtaking and amongst the best we have experienced.
All in a fantastic experience and one we will definitely repeat and recommend to friends.

East Lothian
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2009

Loved the views from our room, the pool, dining room and reception area. Comfortable room, aircon not great. Restaurant very good, cafeteria style but better quality than the average cafetria offerings. Plenty choices of hot and cold food both for breakfast and dinner. Good mix of nationalities. Good service in the restaurant.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Unknown
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2009

i need a holiday to recover from this awful hotel and have stayed at better 1 star guest houses. they allocated us a room on 1st floor which stunk of sewage and had ripped sheets. Plus, as I speak Spanish I noticed in the fuse box that this room had a kitchen originally which makes me think it was staff quarters. the bathroom got soaked whenever i had a shower and the room was situated behind the bar, i felt as if i was in a dodgy council estate. finally we changed rooms but the girl behind reception was rude about it n we noticed she favoured the French guests. When we complained to the rep, she kept saying, oh so-and-so is nice, he/she is my friend etc. food was ok but again, it got better when French arrived. as a veggie there wasnt much for me, my average meal was ice cream, salad n chips! Even in the resort itself (which is a bit of a trek) there are too many egg n chips type restaurants. the pool area looks nice but is quite dangerous on close inspection, the brollies are all rusted and the bases too light to support them which resulted in people getting injured round the pool. the sunbeds were hard wth no mattresses and you couldnt adjust the back....absolutely painful. Beach is a taxi ride away but well worth it to escape from this dungeon.
Also ladies, dont forget your hairdryer, there isnt one in the room and reception charge 2euro a day to rent one.shameless.

Luton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2009

Just returned from Punta Del Mar, after 7 night stay.
Hired a car from the airport through Money Supermarket. About 30 mins to hotel, in Santa Ponca. Quite difficult to find correct road on the last half mile. There is only one road in, which is one way. Less of a problem during the day. Anyhow, got there at 1.00 am. Mon morning. Security receptionist was courteous and helpful. Room 307 - didn't really know what to expect as I was 1 person. Lovely, decent size twin room with balcony and spotlessly clean.
As the hotel is built on a slope, you come in the front door to reception on floor 6. Restaurant on Floor 4. Pool, bar and lounge on floor 1. There are 4 lifts.
View from my balcony looked out to Santa Ponca Bay which is probably half mile across. Rooms on the other end of hotel, I imagine look out over Peguera, which has the evening sun.
Hotel is, perhaps 1 mile out from town centre/beach, so you are away from the noise.
Nice view in the morning when the sun came up. There is always something of interest happening on the water. skiing/jetskis/yachts/kayaks etc
FOOD: I was on half board. Fussy eater. Don't like fish, offal, mushrooms
Breakfast: Full english or continental. Plenty of fruit.
Sausages/bacon tasted "normal", which I was happy about. Brought my own Tea Bags, so that I could get a bit of colour. Water wasn't very hot, out of the machine, just enough to melt the sugar. Bread wasn't anything but it was okay. Toasters worked fine if someone hadn't messed up the settings.
Overall, I was happy enough with breakfast.
Waiters/esses were courteous and hard working.
Dinner: The first 4 evenings, I was happy enough, finding something I liked.
Soups weren't as good as other 3 star places I've stayed in. 3 days out of the 6 days was cream of chicken, which I don't like. 1 cream of Mushroom - yuck. 1 Ministrone and 1 Onion were nice.
There was also a carvery with one meat Tukey/Lamb/ Beef
3 evenings we had the same beef stew, which was quite nice, except the 3rd which had added mushrooms.
Sweets were an adequate selection of ruit jelly type things.Cake slices. Balncmanges, Fresh melon and selection of ice creams. I think the ladies looked forward to them, but I would have preferred something hot, with custard. I'm being over picky. They were adequate.
Overall, dinners were a bit samey and became boring, but there was always somethhing I could eat. There were usually, at least 2 fish options.

The 3 pools on different levels were nicely laid out, and had the lovely bay to look out over. 2 of the 3 floors were some kind of astraturf, which looked okay and was non'slip. The upper pool looked much nicer with ceramic tiled floor, but could be a bit slippy when wet.
Entertainment was a bit basic, but most people went out for the evenings, so it's hard to put on a show to a handful of people.
The local area: It's about a 20 minute walk to the centre of SP where the sandy beach is, so if you like a beach holiday, this is not for you.
But in the evenings, about a 5 minute walk away is "the square", which has live tribute bands, of a good standard. And earlier childrens entertainment/games - The lady who oversees them is excellent. Maria ?? A good selection of international restaurants/bars is within, or beside the "Square"

Guests were a mixture of English, Scots, Irish, German, Dutch, Spanish and French!!! and a mixture of ages. 1st week Sept got rid of the older kids, on purpose.

Hope I haven't put you off going. The view from the balcony/restaurant/ Pool/Reception is the main plus point for this hotel. It is clean. Ladies clean and tidy rooms daily. Staff are good and friendly/courteous. The food is passable.
I met some lovely people on my holiday and had a great time overall.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
Farnham,Surrey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2009

Reading some of the earlier reviews on this hotel it really makes me wonder what some people expect from a three star hotel. I think this hotel has got it about right, as it exceeds expectation. The location has to be the best in Santa Ponca, situated on the headland overlooking the bay. It’s far enough away from the town centre for peace and quiet, yet a comfortable walk if you want so see some activity. The Square just down the road comes alive in the evening with tribute acts, bars very Brit orientated but they are not compulsory. The views are fabulous from virtually any where in the hotel. Yes some of the fittings are a little dated, but who cares, it’s spotlessly clean in both the rooms and public spaces. The Pool area is great, two decent size pools and one for little children, it’s not cramped and has a great view (Don’t run on the tiles with wet feet). The food is excellent, better than three star, the restaurant is bright and airy and well spaced out. All the staff are friendly and helpful if you give them the respect they deserve, Juan the waiter is an absolute scream!

We travelled as a party of six, my wife, two of our children along with my sister in law and her husband. On booking we requested three rooms side by side and on one of the upper floors. We got exactly what we requested. The rooms were on floor six with a superb outlook over the pool terrace, the bay and town beyond. In the restaurant they put two tables together in a quiet corner, where we ate for the duration of our stay.

I arranged our holiday via Travel Republic, who we have used before and were equally pleased with this time. As opposed to going on a package we tailor made our holiday, choosing the flight times that suited us, with transfers courtesy of resorthoppa. It’s far cheaper, we reckon we got 10 days half board for the same price as a weeks package deal.

As we had no tour rep be took advantage of booking an excursion via the hotel. It was a day trip to Cap de Formentor, via Inca and a scenic drive up into the mountains. We then had a boat ride from Formentor Beach to Port de Pollenca for a leisurely late lunch/afternoon before travelling back across the island via Palma Bay and the harbour. We all agreed it was an easy, good value way to see a lot of Majorca.

We also made our own way to Palma, top tip avoid the 102 bus from the bus terminal in the town (25 minutes walk). We watched three completely full buses come and go before we gave up. We then found out from one of the men on reception that the 104, whilst taking twice as long, stops at the end of the road beside the square (10 mins walk). It then takes you for a one and a half hour ride, including a detour into scenic Magaluf and drops you right at the Cathedral and the Old Town. Only costs 2.75 euro each way. Very impressed with the Old Town in Palma.

Overall I think the holiday was good value. Yes you can pay extra for use of TV, fridge and hairdryer. But you don’t go on holiday to watch TV, we survived. The fridge is quite expensive, decided not to hire one, soft drinks kept fairly cool in cupboard. (Soft drinks expensive from machines in hotel, quarter of price at supermarket down the road). By not including the above, the room cost is keep keen in a very competitive market. Hence this hotel is full and has a very nice atmosphere. We also noticed that whilst there were quite a few children, it wasn’t over run and you didn’t get the screaming little ones and annoying teenagers making their presence felt around the pool, as can be the case in larger hotels.

We certainly go back to the Punta del Mar

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2009

Just come back from a weeks holiday at this fab hotel in Santa Ponsa. We could not fault it - the staff, food, facilities were all top class - beautiful views - we had a room on floor 7 (top floor) - highly recommend this - the views both day and night were stunning. The pools are fantastic - altho yes the floor is slippy - but its wet so it bound to be slippy - just use your common sense and leave your footwear on and leave it round the pool for when you get out. Lifeguard on 24/7 - cannot fault this hotel at all. The food was lovely - so varied and plentiful and edible. The reception staff - so helpful - the bar staff - lovely - the cleaners - nice and polite.....wot else can I say we absolutely loved it and will most likely visit it again in the future.
Try out the boat trips as well - they were worth it....
The squares entertainment was top class as well...
Didnt venture into the irish section too much - it looked full of teenagers - the square was much better.
If you are thinking going to this hotel - I would - we looked all over Santa Ponsa and came to the conclusion that we have chosen the best hotel for our holiday in Santa Ponsa.

Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to SENTIDO Punta del Mar? Share your experiences!