Arrived with open minds but having read mixed reviews were a bit unsure as to what was awaiting us. The views are impressive as soon as you walk in but we found the reception staff a little slow at checking in. There was a lady asking a lot of questions in front of us and she was apparently so engaging that she required both staff members attention. Anyway, once in our room we unpacked and headed down to the pool. It was around 3 pm. but unfortunately there were no free sunbeds. We made sure we were down bright and early the next morning to secure some! There is a lifeguard that patrols the pool area leaving little notes if you leave your sunbed unattended, which sounds like a good idea but it felt and looked a bit like a traffic warden giving tickets to parked cars! and we found ourselves continually checking our watches when we went for a drink/snack/to the loo in case we were away from our beds too long! The pool was nice and clean though and if you managed to get a good spot was a lovely way to spend a morning or afternoon. We unfortunately had a problem with smelly drains in our room which was a shame as it was quite strong, especially in the morning. Apart from that it was very clean and again the views were gorgeous. They have wifi but it is very slow so do not expect to get a decent connection. The one thing that riled us the most during our holiday was witnessing the staff member on the restaurant door turning away a lovely gentleman in his 60's due to the fact that he was wearing smart Bermuda shorts. We had the heads up on this weird policy due to reading reviews, but it just seemed totally uncalled for and was obviously embarrassing. The fact that we were then sitting next to a 18 yr. old girl in a skirt so short it looked like a belt just made it more annoying! On reflection we had a relaxing holiday here but would not choose to book again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SENTIDO Punta del Mar **** Location: On a slope above the sea, the center and the main beach are about 1500 meters away. The next bay and shopping area are a short walk away. Facilities: Renovated in 2012 the SENTIDO Punta del Mar with 234 rooms on seven floors has a lobby with sitting area, internet corner and WiFi internet access, TV room with satellite TV, a bar, a cafeteria with a large terrace and restaurant with sea views. The outdoor area has got a swimming pool, sun terrace with loungers and parasols and a poolside bar. Minimum age 16 years Meals: All meals in buffet form. Lodging: The rooms are equipped with shower / WC, air conditioning / heating, wireless internet, mini fridge, safe (extra charge), telephone, satellite TV, balcony and sea view. Junior suites are larger with the same features and in addition have a hair dryer, bathrobe, minibar and seating area. Double rooms and Junior Suites Superior have additionally with 2 chairs on the balcony. Sport and wellness Included: Indoor pool (for colder months), Jacuzzi, steam room, sauna, fitness room and table tennis. Extra charge: table tennis, billiards, bike rental, massages and treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Despegar.com and HotelTravel.com so you can book your SENTIDO Punta del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Punta Del Mar Santa Ponsa
- Hotel Punta Del Mar
- Punta Del Mar Hotel
- SENTIDO Punta Del Mar Santa Ponsa, Majorca