“Quite a surprise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fergus Style Cala Blanca Suites Hotel

You added Fergus Style Cala Blanca Suites Hotel to your Saves list
Fergus Style Cala Blanca Suites Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   C/ Huguet d'es Far 27, 07180 Santa Ponsa, Calvia, Majorca, Spain   |
Ranked #6 of 36 Hotels in Santa Ponsa
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Werchter, Belgium
“Quite a surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I was originally booked in the Fergus Bon Repos hotel but upon arriving in Palma de Mallorca I received a message from booking.com that my hotel was overbooked and that I was rebooked - free of charge - in the Fergus Cala Blanca Suites.

As I passed by my original hotel I stopped to have a look and spoke to the very friendly Dutch owners. It wasn't overbooked as per the info I received but... there were no guests at all in this low-season period so they started redecorating. Quite a shame I thought, as I was given a small tour of the Bon Repos and I found it to be pleasing, small-scale hotel. I might definitely stay here some other time... For now it's back to the car for a 5min drive to the Cala Blanca.

Upon arriving at the Cala Blanca Suites, I noticed this was quite a luxurious hotel for my €129,- three night, half-board stay, ok, I'm biased here ;-). Check-in was prompt, despite my rebooking. The hotel itself was splendidly clean, has free wifi which was working only so-so and a has nice swimming pool. Unfortunately I caught a fever on the first night so I didn't get to use many of the facilities, bad karma? ;-) The hotel food was served buffet-style and must have been one of the better buffets (in terms of quality of the food, presentation and variety) for a holiday makers-style hotel I attended. The room I was given was a standard suite, I guess, with a small living room with sofa and flat screen tv, adjacent to the bedroom which featured twin beds rolled together (no "big bed" like in all of Spain, Mallorca being no exception). I also had a large terrace with partial views over the sea but unfortunately the weather was mostly overcast so I didn't get to try it out.

Overall, this was a very pleasant experience, especially given the special circumstances, this was literally a lot of hotel for little money. Despite that this was a short business trip being out of the hotel most of the time, I must say that both the Bon Repos and the Cala Blanca Suites attracted my attention for future stays on Mallorca.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Nantwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have never been to this area od Spain before and I can honsetly say it was one the nicest hotels I have been to in Spain.

The hotel is very modern and the room we had was lovely. It had loads of room, a walk in wardrobe and dressing area. Great balcony over the pool and nice view of the sea. You have a really nice sun bed on your balcony also which is great to relax on.

The pool is really nice and very clean. My advice is to get up early if you want to sit by the pool as the sun beds are gone really early in the morning and as the area is not massive you are unlikely to get a subbed after 8am.

The all inclusive here is fantastic, top quality food, great drinks on offer, wine and champagne was really nice.

Always different food on each day and I have to say a fantastic standard of food. You will not be disappointed.

It is very close to the airport but the if you are on a bus trader you end up driving around the island for a couple of hours picking other people up. If you want to make the most of your time there I would suggest booking a cab as they are not expensive.

Room Tip: Room over looking the pool
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2015

We stayed as a family of 5 for 10 nights in August 2014. My son aged 12 and 2 daughters aged 10 absolutely loved it! The kids club was fantastic with plenty for them all to do. My son loved the football and table tennis competitions and the girls loved the games, inflatables etc. Christina and Manuela worked really hard to entertain them for the whole holiday. The room was a good size for the 5 of us, something we sometimes struggle with as we like to stay in one room. The hotel was very clean and staff were friendly and welcoming. We stayed All Inclusive and found the food to be excellent. We enjoyed our meals each day-even our fussy kids! The only negative we found was the sunbed situation, as stated by others. Not enough beds for the number of guests and people reserving them and then only appearing late afternoon/reserving for children that didn't use them. If the hotel can sort that it would be perfect. It's not put us off though and we have just booked to return in August 2015. Thank you to all that made it such a good holiday that we wanted to return again this year!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Levenmouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2015

Great hotel fab food and service staff frendly would recommend highly fab beach right on your doorstep perfect for a cooling dip not to far into town but some nice shops and bars right outside the hotel Majorca is a great and safe island to visit for a nice relaxing holliday

Stayed October 2014
County Cork, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2014

We found the hotel quite inadequate for our family summer holiday as it was almost impossible to relax there. The room was very small and the views were not anything special, then during our 10 nights stay we could only manage to get 4 sunbeds together on one morning when my husband was up at 7am. The beach is 20 minutes away from this hotel and then you have the Spanish square that goes on till 12midnight and we didn't have to leave our room to know what was happening there cause we could hear everything in our room!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2014

Stayed at this hotel Fergus Style Cala Blanca Suites Hotel in october 14 for a week with my wife and i could not fault it in any way.The food and rooms were spot on,and the staff could not do enough for you.WELL DONE FERGUS.

Room Tip: High floor over pool.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Paula G, Director de Recepción at Fergus Style Cala Blanca Suites Hotel, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the entire team we would like to thank you for posting such positive review.
Nothing satisfies us more than knowing that your stay was fully satisfactory and we would be honored to receive your visit again.

Best regards,

Fergus style Cala Blanca suites.
staffs.,
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2014

Stayed at the cala blanca suites for 7 nights in mid September, check in was ok.
Room was a lounge with separate bedroom and dressing room, balcony with comfy bed but well back from the sea and pool . This didn't bother me or my wife as it was nice and peacefull.hotel is very clean and feels very modern.
Food is good with plenty of choice although dining room does get busy at times and also gets hot if sitting by the hotplates etc, we got further away with every meal!
Drinks plentifull on all inclusive but the cocktails had too much juice in.wine was nice and the beer was too!
Entertainment was ok with something on every night although some nights it was down at the beach bar which was very cramped. The pool is nice but I felt funnelled and cramped when we sat around it . There are other spots around the hotel though for more peace and quiet.
I felt that the area itself on the walk along to santa ponsa had seen better days with a lot of the apartments in santa ponsa looking a bit shabby although the town beach is large and nice, but its a good 20 mins walk.
Overall we enjoyed our stay and the weather was great,the hotel is clean and modern but the cramped pool and tiny hotel beach mean I probably wouldn't stay here again.

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Paula G, Gerente at Fergus Style Cala Blanca Suites Hotel, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with future travellers.
We take note about your comments concerning the pool area and we will keep working to improve our service.
We look forward to receive your visit soon and we remain at your disposal

Yours sincerely,

Paula Gili
Hotel Manager

Been to Fergus Style Cala Blanca Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!