“lovely all inclusive base for portadventura” 4 of 5 stars
Review of PortAventura Hotel El Paso

You added PortAventura Hotel El Paso to your Saves list
PortAventura Hotel El Paso
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rambla del Parc s/n | PortAventura Resort, 43840 Salou, Spain   |
Ranked #20 of 98 Hotels in Salou
east sussex
“lovely all inclusive base for portadventura”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

we went for 4 days 5 nights.Loved the hotel ,although i think the food could have been a little better.Ok rooms ,clean & basic for your needs also had a great shower ! pool area ,bars etc all spotlessly clean . We would go back ,it is ideal as a base for the park so you can come back to the hotel for lunch etc or if the spanish sun gets a little hot ! all in all a great family holiday with always plenty to do .Definately a great place for the kids .

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
Borehamwood, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

The hotel was very good and I really enjoyed the kids pool. The entertainment was fun at night time. I really enjoyed the activities in the day time in the pool. The rooms were clean at all times, our room had a really good view of the pool. The food was really nice at all times and the ice cream was really yummy. The theme and water parks were only a 5 minute walk away. The beach in Salou was really good, at the weekend the beach was packed. We enjoyed it so much we are going back for a third time.

Isabelle age 10

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Lancashire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I was a little apprehensive about going to this hotel on an all inclusive basis ,as I had never stayed in an hotel on an all inclusive basis before, but I should have left my worries behind as I loved this hotel and we have booked to return next year, I feel that we received excellent value for money as the theme park entry was part of the deal, and during our stay ( one week) we hardly spent anything.

The food is a little repetitive at times, but no different than any other hotels we have stayed in. All the staff where friendly.

Our room was cleaned daily, some days cleaned better than others, if you are thinking of going it is wise to take some spare coat hangers as we only had about 6 for a family of 4 ( we asked for some more but unfortunately they never turned up) but this was only a minor thing.

One thing that did worry me is that there is a building near the pool, I think it is where the kids clubs are held, it looks like a fortress and it has steps that lead to theroof terrace and large groups of adolescents would hang out on the roof top terrace, while we where staying at the hotel they where daring each other to climb on the outer rim wall of this roof terrace and walk, or run, along this rim, it is about a 40 foot drop and should one of these kids have fallen it would have been on the concrete below , we kept telling the security guard about it and he would tell them to leave, but they would soon return, it felt like an accident waiting to happen, I'm only mentioning it if you are going to go with older children so you can be aware of it!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Wigan, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I loved my holiday to port adventures but this hotel marred it slightly. There are wasps everywhere near the pool which I think needs to be addressed by the hotel. The hotel staff have extremely low levels of English and due to this we did not receive either wake up call we ordered which is just not good enough for a 4 star hotel. The all inclusive in the park is very limited and the a la carte is definitely recommended, the every 5 mins bus journey is also only passable as at busy periods you could be waitin quite a while. However on a positive note I loved the multi lingual evening entertainment

• Stayed August 2012
Watton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I am not usually one for leaving reviews, but after reading some of the reviews on here I MUST tell you of my experiences at Hotel El Paso, Port Aventura.

I have been to Hotel El Paso twice and have just booked my third holiday there for next year.
The reason I keep going back is because it has everything you could ask for in a holiday destination and, of course, it's only a 5 min walk to the greatest Themepark in Europe.

My 1st stay was for 2 weeks in 2008 and my 2nd was for 1 week in 2010. On both occasions I found the rooms and hotel in general to be of excellent cleanliness, the maids provide fresh bedding and towels daily.

The service is next to none. EVERYTHING I ever asked for was provided by the friendly, welcoming and helpful staff. And on the VERY odd occasion when they could not provide then an alternative or further information was only moments away.

The restaurant supplied a more than adequete menu for breakfast and evening meal. And as for the Al a Carte Coyote restaurant I only wish I could spend more evenings in there. Perfect is definately the word!

As for value for money- This is an ALL INCLUSIVE 4 STAR at a very reasonable rate. Those that disagree with the rating are obviously strangers to the quality this hotel provides and may be more comfortable back at their parents house with everything done for them.

Plenty of entertainment and activities available. Location was perfect for my needs which were a great hotel, access to a great theme park, available excursions to places of interest and access to local beaches and amenities. This hotel has them all.

If none of the above are your thing then look elsewhere- a holiday is only as good as the organisation it took to book it.

Mr J Rockett and Family

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Me my partner and two year old daughter have just returned from a weeks stay and must say we had a fab time.
Theme park was fab and with unlimited access we went a few times.
Hotel very big and most parts were clean.we had a problem with a smell in our room but were moved to a new room as soon as we complained so can't get fairer than that.
Entertainment was abit poor for adults but my daughter loved the mini disco.
Woody woodpecker and betty boop walked round the hotel most days and nights and my daughter loved them.
Must say we went to the theme park to see the parade and I really enjoyed it.
Food was good although did repeat sometimes.
Only downfall was the hotel actually closed on the day we were leaving so everything was closing up as we waited to get picked up.would definitely recoomend this hotel to family's as great value for money.

• Stayed September 2012
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

just aback after a 4 night stay to vivit the portaventura theme park.
Hotel was nice you pick a slot for breakfast, meals are great variety to choose from but day to day its the same basis. There is food available all throught the day and soft drinks are self serve in proper sized cups/ glasses :). Coffee an tea machine also self serve all day. pool is clean and well guarded with numerous life guards. hotel includes park entry but its well worth getting the express bands for 49 euros, we tried queuing but spent 90mins waiting for furios braco, so went and got the bands which then saw me wait no more than 5 mins for any ride which meant we could go in the mornin get the main rides in and be back in the hotel by the pool for the afternoon catching some rays before gettin back the theme park for round two :) shambhala is awsome and my favourite dragon khan was great and left me with a headache with all the spinnin twisting lol. Rooms are basic and clean with bbc1 and 2 on the tv. Only went to go the theme park and was not dissappointed as with being all inc we could still eat in 3 of the restaurants in the theme park (starter, main, dessert and drink) free which usually costs 17 euros alone :). would definatly go back shammmmmmbahaaaaaaaaallllaaaaa!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to PortAventura Hotel El Paso? Share your experiences!