“Fab hotel, shame about the noise at night” 4 of 5 stars

H10 Mediterranean Village
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   C/ Ginesta S/N, 43840 Salou, Spain   |
Ranked #3 of 98 Hotels in Salou
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Fab hotel, shame about the noise at night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

My husband, 20 month old twin sons and I today returned from a weeks holiday at the Med Village. We chose self catering so we could choose the time the boys ate however there was the option to upgrade to half board for €15 per person per day which we did for one day during our stay. The food was nice enough, there was plenty of choice but I'm glad we didn't have to eat there every day.
The hotel was lovely, it had a really good atmosphere, plenty of sunbeds, friendly staff and fab children's facilities/entertainment. We had a two bedroom apartment in Block A which was a really good size and had all the basic kitchen facilities/equipment you'd expect.
As much as I loved the hotel I do have one big gripe which was the noise at night. We were at the back of Block A right by the service enterance. Every night between 11 pm and midnight numerous refuse lorries arrived directly outside the apartment to remove the hotels rubbish. The noise these lorries, their workers and the bins/rubbish made were phenominal. Then at about 6am the deliveries would start =( - On a number of occassions the noise woke the twins which you can imagine annoyed us greatly!
The tiled flooring throughout the hotel is very slippery (especially aroundthe pool area) and is definitely not great for toddlers. My pair came home with a number of bruises on their foreheads.
That said we really did enjoy our holiday and plan to return to the Med Village next year however we will definitely be requesting a room away from the service entrance.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Polish first
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Me and my family stayed here it was amazing, the hotel staff was very polite and the hotel was spotless, we only went self catering because I have 3young children aged 2-4-5 and didn't know if they would like the food but saying that we paid to have breakfast and tea there one night and I was amazed the children had there own little area were they had children's meals my children loved it and so did I the food and deserts was very nice. We stayed in a 2bed apartment over looking the pool the view was stunning the room was amazing very child friendly and had new towels and bed lining every couple of days I can not find any faults with it at all. We had such a great time here we are going next year but this time we are going half board, I would tell anyone to stay here it was amazing .........

Room Tip: The pool views are amazing
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
H10MV, Gerente at H10 Mediterranean Village, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear guest,

We appreciate your opinion about your stay in our hotel H10 Mediterranean Village.

We are satisfied to read you were delighted with the treatment received from behalf of our staff. They work really hard to make your stay as comfortable as possible and we’re glad to see you value the effort of all of them.

As you well said, our hotel is child friendly, so we try to have always many varied activities to keep them entertained during the day, our animation team does a good job. In addition, we’re glad to know you were happy with your room and with the housekeeping department.

We’re sure your opinion will be very useful for people willing to book H10 Mediterranean Village in the future.

somerset
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Be careful with this hotel because if you arrive before 2 pm after a long journey then you will not receive your room card until 2 even if your room is ready , we know our room was ready as they pre checked us in to beat the 2 o clock que,s. However this is a really nice place with everything on hand such as supermarket,bars,pools etc. The most amazing thing about this hotel is the food , mostly buffet style but still fairly warm which isn't easy when it's all laid out , lots of variation too .Cap salou is hilly but very picturesque , a good place to work off all that food . It's boardering on 4 stars for us as we've been to better 3 star hotels however I would recommend this hotel to anyone especially families with little ones

• Stayed September 2013
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

my boyfriend and I stayed here 1st-8th sept. When we arrived around midday we were told our apartment would not be ready to 3pm, this was fine as I had already read on the website previously that check in wasn't to 2.30pm. There was a luggage room to leave your things however this is not secure at all!! We were asked for a 60euro deposit when we checked in for the self catering apartment which was refundable upon checkout. Our apartment was really really clean with excellent facilities. The pool area etc is gorgeous and the entertainment staff are excellent, for anyone with children this is an excellent place to go as the staff cant do enough for them. The bar staff/waitors were exceptionally good and friendly. You didn't even have to leave your seat to get a drink. Hotel a bit out of the way however there is a bus service right outside the hotel. I think we paid around 22euro for a ten trip pass on the bus. This covered us all week and we could go anywhere with it. The buses also come very frequently. Beaches nearby our gorgeous. I would highly recommend this hotel the only negative point I have to say is about the lady receptionist. When we were checking out she asked us for our receipt for the deposit, I told her I wasn't sure were it was and wasn't aware that I needed it(believe my I keep anything that I know is important). she was very rude and insisted that we were told we had to keep it and needed it to get our money back. This was certainly not the case!! Thankfully I found it in my bag and we got our 60euro back. I thought this was ridiculous as clearly we had paid our deposit or we wouldn't have got into the apartment in the first place. The lady just set the money on the desk and didn't say thankyou, or ask if we enjoyed our stay etc. Thankfully she was the only rude staff, the rest are so so good. I would definitely stay here again

Room Tip: ask for room with a nice view
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Oswestry, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

We stayed for a week at this hotel 6th-13th Sept, a group of 13 including 3 children & a baby overall a good hotel but needs some improvements for 4* expectations.

I will start with the negatives.....

We had a early morning flight & arrived at the hotel at 10ish to be told we were not able to have our rooms until 14:00, we were offered to put our luggage in a room by reception which was unlocked with no monitoring!! Even though we could see our rooms were ready earlier we still had to wait until 14:00. We were on a half board basis & were not offered any breakfast when we arrived or when we left as we were picked up at 7.15 & breakfast did not open until 8:00 not what you expect from a 4* hotel not even a cold buffet & a drink! not very accommodating.

We found the reception staff unhelpful & the odd member of staff rude. Be ready to pay for extra's no kettle in the room & with a baby it is needed we were charged 15 euros for it, also a charge for beach towels 20 euros each deposit plus 1 euro every time its changed!!

On the plus side hotel clean & tidy, rooms nice & main restaurant buffet food lovely however restaurant next to pirate ship pool not very good fish & chips on menu came as fish fingers & steak was wafer thin.

Animation team very good during the day & the kids loved mini club although mini disco at night not starting until 21:00 was a little late for the kids & adult entertainment was poor apart from the odd night (band singers fantastic). Pools are great although pirate ship pool to deep for children & all very cold.

Hotel location not bad a short walk to cap salou with a small selection of bars & restaurants very hilly not ideal if you have walking difficulties. Bus right outside hotel takes you into Salou or other surrounding towns Cambrills is gorgeous well worth a visit 2.75 euros each way.

In our opinion not 4* some improvements to be made we would not return.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
H10MV, Gerente at H10 Mediterranean Village, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your opinion about the hotel.

We are glad you like the restaurant buffet food, as well as the pools. However, we would like to explain you some points about your opinion:

The check-in time in H10 Mediterranean Village is 2:00pm, and this has been always the same, since the hotel opened, and this is well indicated on the booking confirmations. Check-out is at 10:00am and all its 372 rooms need to be clean, which takes a long time, due to we like our guests to find rooms perfectly clean once they get into them.

Our hotel doesn’t have kettles in the rooms, and this is not stated in any brochure. However, since we understand that some of our guests may need them, they can hire them.

To have an exhaustive control of the hotel towels, we need our guests to leave a 20,00€ deposit per towel. Also, every time you need to change the towel, you have to pay 1,00€ for environmental questions.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel with my husband and our 3 boys aged 10, 8 and 5. We found the apartment to be very clean and well equipped. The pool area was fabulous and our boys loved the slide. It is busy around the pool area but I think this is to be expected in peak season and we always managed to find a place to put sunbeds.

With regard to the food we found the breakfast good but the evening meal not so good, although we usually all found something we could eat. The desserts, however, were lovely! For those who go for the self catering option, there is a very good supermarket on site.

The staff at the hotel were very pleasant and helpful. Although our children chose not to join the kids clubs, it was evident that the staff do all they can to keep the children entertained.

There isn't a lot in Cap Salou but there is a pub called Smugglers which we found at the end of our holiday. We had a good welcome there and the food was outstanding. Cap Salou is very quiet but there is a good bus service, with a bus stop right outside the hotel, and Salou itself is worth a visit.

On the whole we were very pleased with this hotel and found it to be excellent value for money.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Newburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Just returned from a 5 day stay at this hotel with my wife and 20 year old daughter prior to her return to Uni.

Prior to our visit I put a note on the booking asking for a 2 bed apartment if possible due to my daughter's age. When we arrived we were given a wonderful apartment (266a) with exactly what we had asked for. It also had a massive balcony facing the Golf Course with Porta Ventura in the distance.

I'm a bit of a foody so wasn't looking forward to what has been described in other reviews as 'boring and repetitive' Nothing could be further away from this. Every meal, breakfast or dinner, had a huge variety of meat, fish and vegetarian options prepared in many styles. In our four days there the selection included skillet fried cuttle fish, veal escalopes in orange sauce, fish paella, chicken fricassee and many, many more beautifully prepared dishes. They also had a wide range of vegetables, fruit, salads, chutneys etc and even had a childrens' section with healthy options and British treats (nuggets, chips, beans etc etc.)

The pool area was a delight, the children's entertainment team always on the go and the evening shows of a high quality throughout our stay.

We had cause to use the reception staff following a bad experience with a taxi driver and they couldn't be more helpful. They even provided internet access to the local Police site and coached us through the reporting procedure.

As we sat in reception waiting to leave I saw a member of the kitchen team spot some smears on the restaurant door. She soon returned with cleaning equipment and made it sparkle. I mention this as it is indicative of the approach to cleanliness across the whole hotel.

We travel widely (off to California on a 4 week lecture tour in 2 weeks), and rarely have experienced such a complete service.

Thanks for a great hotel experience.

Room Tip: Room 266a is a wonderfully quiet and spacious suite and I would thoroughly recommend it
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
H10MV, Gerente at H10 Mediterranean Village, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Dear guest,

We’re glad you were happy with the food served in our buffet, we always try to have a wide variety of desserts so that everyone can find something tasty to eat.

According to our installations, we are happy to read you enjoyed all of them and that you were delighted with the cleanliness of all the areas of the hotel. All staff works really hard to keep up to the quality standards and it’s very rewarding to have comments as your one valuing their work.

Management

Been to H10 Mediterranean Village? Share your experiences!