Stayed here last week of August 2012 in a 2 bed 1 bath apartment. On arrival we were dealt with efficiently and offered a ground floor refurbed apartment. It was smart and tidy as you would expect but the balcony was overlooked by mini golf which was still ongoing at 9.00pm. It also looked as though there would not be too much sunshine in this particular apartment so we requested a change and were offered an older style apartment further back in the resort on a top floor setting, apartment Mirage C3 to be precise. A good choice!!
Views from the balcony were superb straight out over the Med and we had a hidden gem right outside our front door by way of the sun terrace that hardly anyone visited during our whole stay.
As for being near the back of the resort that was also a bonus as we were away from the bulk of the noise from the main pool and announcements / entertainment but still within easy walking distance of the same when we wanted to go down. There is also another pool at the back of resort which is quieter with more sunbed availability (which looked like a problem around the main pool although I did see the lifeguards issuing warning leaflets to absent "bed hoggers" and I guess that their towels would be removed to make way for somebody who really wanted the bed)
We had cause to have a DVD player changed which was dealt with efficiently and without fuss. Service was very good from all aspects, although we did experience the odour of a dirty mop having been used to clean our apartment after one of the three cleaning sessions during the week.
Benalmadena itself is looking a bit tired and needs tidying up but that's all money I suppose which is not really available in Spain at the present time. A walk to the marina (about 20 - 30mins) in Malaga direction revealed a great selection of shops and restaurants to choose from.
A pleasant week in a clean and tidy older style apartment. :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Moorish inspired architecture is not the only distinctive feature of Sahara Sunset. This year round resort is built around a large and beautifully landscaped pool with a bridge spanning over to its own island.Sahara Sunset has everything required for a superb family stay. Each of the beautifully furnished accommodations benefits from its own private balcony or terrace, while leisure facilities include outdoor and indoor pools and a relaxing whirlpool.You will also find a warm welcome at the Casbah Café where you can enjoy a casual meal and sip exotic delights on the terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Sahara Sunset Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sahara Sunset Club Hotel Benalmadena
- Sahara Sunset Club Benalmadena, Costa Del Sol, Spain