“Middle of Nowhere” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Village Hotel

and 1 more site!
You added Holiday Village Hotel to your Saves list
Holiday Village Hotel
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   CN-340 Km 216 Paraje la Perla, 29630 Benalmadena, Spain   |
Ranked #13 of 47 Hotels in Benalmadena
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Telford, United Kingdom
“Middle of Nowhere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

The hotel itself was fine and comfortable. However in terms of location it was very much in the middle of nowhere. A bus ride or good walk in either direction to the nearest places, which would be ok, if the children's entertainment began at the same time. As it was, with staggered starting times for our 3 kids, we found ourselves trapped in the location. Those who looked after the kids did a good job but for ourselves we were very restricted in what we could do both by day a night.
In truth the weather was not great which made the need to find something to do much greater.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (473)
  • Polish first
Doncaster, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

My husband and I where there April 12. Enjoyed the holiday but WOW we need some cleaning and updating for this to be acceptable at even a 2*. Food had a good selection but the checking in is a lot to be left to be desired. We had to pay a lot extra to use a taxi as I am disabled and because mine is electric, we could not use the bus. Arrived and what a huge shock with the check in. We were in a que waiting for nearly 2 hours to check in. I have never came across this in 24 years of travelling. Then the rooms mim! Very tired and if I had, had my grand children I certainly would not have let them sleep on the sofa. Why? It was that matted with dirt, yes! we put a blanket over it to cover the dirt. It was disgusting! on top of the smell of the sewage that kindly let us know it was there every day and worse in evening. We overlooked the Mini Golf and watch out your ball disappears because they holes need blocking. Entertainment OK for children but in the bar my oh my entertainment that cannot sing. Heard better at the Karoke from those who cannot sing. You need to clean up your ACT and get the rooms cleaner and throw out those old sofas that are minging. Also sort out the smell of sewage and also remember the visitors are also over the age of 5 - 15 and give us some entertainment. Sort out mainly your reception and organise the CHECK IN at a acceptable time. If you do not have the staff get more. If not, give people their room keys when they come in and sort out check in at a set time per person. You need to SORT THIS OUT. People do not want to stand a VERY LONG TIME over an hour or two to CHECK IN. The CHECK IN put my husband and I coming back to yourselves plus how dirty the room was too.

Room Tip: No matter if you arrive by Taxi (overcharged) or by bus, you still have to wait a loooong time to ch...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I went in april 2012 and it was sunny but quite cold. One day it rained a little bit but was ok because it was a holiday village and had loads to do so you would want to be inside for a little while anyway. I had to sleep on a sofa bed witch was like half a single bed. The bathroom was huge with two sinks, two showers, one bath, one toilet and a beady. I went in the pool and there was mud in it and then i saw somthing that looked like a poo. There was a kitchen in our apartment that had a fridge. Byeeee

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Lovely hotel, great for the kids and the food was ok. The pools and the beach club are great and very clean too! Rooms are ok and i wouldnt say the hotel itself was 4 star, but the facilities and the entertainment team definitely are. One thing I didn't like though and this is not the hotels fault, there are hand sanitisers at all the buffet restaurants and it seemed like the only people using them was me and my family! It disgusted me and unfortunately all three of us ended up with very bad stomachs. I think the hotel need to put up more signs/notices with regards to this and make people more aware of basic hygiene and common sense really!

• Stayed September 2012
Barrow-in-Furness, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

This is a excellent place for kids loads going on for them you don't have to leave the resort if you don't want, It has everything, The rooms are large with cooking facilities if you need them we went A/l so did not use them, Kids club is good stayed at H10 village in Salou the entertainers are much better there but still very good here, Food was nice lots of choice, pool area is very impressive easy to get sun beds little one loved the pirate ship & all the slides, We walked in to Fuengirola on a couple of occasions as we like to get out of the complex was about 5 mins walk long sandy beach there & some nice bars not to busy in June just right for families but can't see it getting to busy didn't see any nightclubs or anything nice chilled place & not expensive, I would ignore some of the reviews this place gets its great for kids would go back we paid £1,600 for a week A/I in June for 2 Adults & 1 child bit expensive but worth while, Great Village,

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

This was a brilliant holiday, one me, my husband and my two daughters (11 and 1) will remember for the rest of our lives. The village was clean and had a friendly atmosphere around the main pool. The reps were exceptional. They ran activities for families to join in and kids clubs. However my daughter (11) didn't really enjoy Megastars too much. She was at the top end of the group so some of the activities were a bit babyish for her. She would have been better in the older group escape but in the end it didn't matter as she spent most of her time doing the family activities anyway.

BEWARE!
The beach club was over a busy road (don't be put off by this as you couldn't hear the cars at night or day) but if the bridge had gone straight across it wouldn't have been very far too walk but instead they decided to make it so far too walk by designing a bridge that took you ages too walk over! When you got over too the beach club the pools looked absolutely brilliant. There were 4 pools, one wave pool with 2 small slides, 1 with small water fall, 1 with a pirates ship and 1 with statue elephants. All of the pools apart form the elephant one were freezing cold! My daughter ended up staying on her sunbed all day doing nothing as there was nothing at all going on over there. There was also another 2 pools, a baby pool and a VIP pool. The VIP pool was only for people who paid to go in the VIP area. My younger daughter loved the baby pool but again it was extremely cold. Drinks were a nightmare to get because they had to see your room key even though you had a all inclusive band on. It bothered my daughter because she had to keep coming to the sunbeds and asking for the key. Other than that we enjoyed our holiday so much.

Things to do:
Go down too the Irish bar on the night and do a bit of karaoke. (It's a laugh)
Let your child do the stage school Razzamataz. (Worth the money you pay for it)
Go to the dolphin show in benalmadena (Great experience for the kids)

Room Tip: Request for a view of some sort other wise you may end up near the train line and hearing squeaks in...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
St Helens, Merseyside
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Stayed here for 1 week sept. Was very sceptical as so many negatives but wasnt as bad as I was expecting. Travelled with hubby, 7 year old and 7 month old. Children had a fabulous time, the pools over the road are really good. The kids club was very good too, our eldest was in there each night. The staff were nice and it was really safe - door locked , signed for children etc. There is a baby group each afternoon where you stay with the babies and they have loads of toys out and just have a crawl around and a play which is good when you have little ones that want a break from the sun.
The food was not very good, however we always managed to find something to eat - luckily our kids like jacket potatoes lol. None of us dared to eat any meat or rice as there was so much sickness in the hotel, maybe it was a bug,the food or even people overindulging with the all inclusive, I dont know. My family were not effected by any illness.
We went to Gibralta for the day and it was fabulous! Lovely day out.
If you get a rainy day there is a beautiful buddhist temple just up the hill, opposite is a butterfly garden and a place inbetween where you can get a proper coffee!
The let down was the food and the hotel room. The decor wasnt that bad it was quite nice but it was absolutely filthy. Luckily I always take anti bac wipes for the toilet but I had to clean the entire apartment with them. Dirty fingerprints on all the furnature and patio doors, the bathroom stank of drains and the bed sheets were stained.
I would go to another holiday village because it was great entertainment wise, however it will only be to the 5* ones.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Village Hotel? Share your experiences!