“Ideal Last Minute Cheap Break” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Village Hotel

You added Holiday Village Hotel to your Saves list
Holiday Village Hotel
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   CN-340 Km 216 Paraje la Perla, 29630 Benalmadena, Spain   |
Ranked #13 of 47 Hotels in Benalmadena
bham
“Ideal Last Minute Cheap Break”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

On picking up this break at a bargain priceof 260 each for 4 of us, we didnt really know what to expect, but we were pleasantly surprised when we arrived, the only gripe we had was when it rains there is nothing for us adults to do except drink, which does get a bit boring!! The kids entertainment team Amy and the Crew is fab so the kids are kept busy all day and night, but for us there is a lovely cinema ewhich only shows football matches, ok for the boys but not for us ladies, they could do with showing some films through the week really, The town is abt 20minutes bus ride away so it does get a bit boring if it rains!!The food is good large selection but thelunch time offerings at the pool side bar are a bit crap, The Beach club over the road is fab, with wave pools etc, The rooms are large and kept clean daily, they are like apartments, just a bit tired, the complex is more 3 star plus but woould defo recomend and defo fo to HV again

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (459)
  • Polish first
Eastbourne East sussex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012 via mobile

Okay so went on a cheap get away to costa del sol, we know the area well so jumped at the catch to stay at this amazing hotel.
So what can I say I went with my sister her hubby and there 2 kids one of 19 months and the other of 4 they loved everything except the pool water in ALL the outdoor pools was freezing but we out that down to going out of season.
Great selection of food all day and drink of course.
My older neice especially loved amy and Ben in I 5 live evening entertainment with Russell the brussell which was so so funny for the adults still makes me laugh now lol.
Make sure after the I 5 live show you bring some money for bingo so cheese but was good fun if I remember it's 1 euro per line was well worth it.
An wait to go back next year with my mum and dad over all would recommend to anyone which a young family you will love it.

Stayed April 2012
Lancashire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

We went back to Benalmadena at the begining of April 2012, after going last year and having a fab time with absolutely no complaints. We are a family of 5 having 3 children aged between 7 and 12. Yes the rooms are most certainly ready for a revamp but last year they were clean and tidy. This year was completely different we continually had insufficient towels which doesn't sound that bad until you are using the same 2 between 5 of you for 4 days on the trot, ripped bedding and dirty floors. The room especially the balcony was filthy, the sofa bed was broke causing two of my sons to have cuts. The food wasn't as good as last year but in fairness there was always something for each family member to eat. My main gripe from this holiday was my middle son contracted a skin complaint. This was in the form of a very red rash on both his face and legs which caused him alot of discomfort for the last 4 days of a 10 day holiday. This rash most certainly came from his continual use of the indoor pool due to the weather being hit and miss. He was taken straight to the doctors when we returned to the UK and was told the skin had been stripped and was very likely to be from the PH in the pool or a bacteria in the water. On complaining I have to say the rep didn't seem overly concerned even though I am aware other parents also complained at the same time.
I am not a complainer at all but I hope this is taken onboard by First Choice and the hotel. In general this is a great place for a family holiday and does what it says on the tin but they need to address the above issues.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Plymouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

My boyfriend and I were seeking a last minute booking having decided we needed to get abroad and way from work, we knew this resort was family orientated but for the value and convenience of our dates we proceeded to book. We stayed at the resort in April 2012 and thankfully the weather was fantastic for 6 out of 7 days, we also stayed all inclusive booking with First Choice.

Location:
The hotel is a 25 minute coach transfer away from Malaga Airport, we experienced minor delays waiting for baggage, waiting for people to get to the transfer bus and so on but this is expected on a package trip. I should also mention that for those not too confident in finding their way around airports, First Choice frequent the area and make it very simple to get to where you need to be. The actual resort is on what I would call the outskirts of Benalmadena, about 10 minute's bus ride to the centre of Benalmadena and the marina, further on is Torremolinos which is good for shopping and in the opposite direction Fuengirola (also good for shops and wondering). Navigating is very simple, you have two bus stops outside the hotel, both running a service every half an hour in both directions from 7am through to 11pm. You don't need to travel far to reach a town / worthy day out.

The Room:
My boyfriend emailed the hotel ahead of our trip to ask for a good room, we got a self catering apartment (bare in mind we booked all inclusive), we had two double beds and two large wardrobes as well as a dressing table. The bathroom had two showers (one cubicle and one over bath), toilet, large mirror area with two sinks. The kitchen came with all the necessities apart from a kettle! (I note this is something they reserve for SC guests only). The TV came with the basic English Channels including Sky News, BBC, ITV and Channel 4 (for those who need it).

The Food:
The food was good enough; you have a large buffet set up with plenty on offer, Spanish cuisine alongside the usual chicken nuggets, chips, burgers and so on. There are also two restaurants on site which can be booked under the AI deal, a Mexican and an Italian, both lovely. The breakfast was diverse and inncludes a very good full English (in buffet format). You also have the Oasis pool bar which serves nuggets, chips, salad, pizza and other snack throughout the day.
I have two complaints on this subject, firstly the coffee was pretty awful and secondly the restaurant caters a lot of people and therefore it gets quite noisy and busy, this can be avoided by opting for a later dinner.
I have a severe nut allergy, it often causes problems without the native language and with a different diet. First Choice took me down to the restaurant, spoke with the Chef (using the translating of an Irish waitress) who outlined everything that I could eat and what to avoid. I should mention that if you have little ones, with this allergy or other dietary requirements, you are safe here to at least eat something and will get reliable and confident advice rather than a 'the chef isn't sure'.

The Resort:
There are 2 outdoor pools, one for the very littles ones and the main pool for everyone, the pool side has a huge offer of sunbeds, first choice entertainment for the kids, quizzes and music. You have to get tokens from reception to claim free towels (to ensure people don't steal them on departure) but this was no problem. The waterpark is free for AI guests and is 5 minutes across a designated bridge, it's as good as the photos so I'd check them out for thought, the waterpark also comes with a bar and restaurant for daily snackings.
The night entertainment was children focussed (but again you should expect this), the reps put on musicals in the evening which were equally as enjoyable, child or adult. The adult bar -The Piano Bar- had suffcient seating in April though I'd imagine it gets packed in peak season, the entertainment was usually a Spanish duo singing a mixture of traditional Spanish and English music, it wasn't amazing but it was good for background noise to a drink/playing pool. Again, it's possible that in peak-season the entertainment may be different (I'd consult a peak season review).

Overall the holiday was excellent, the resort was safe, not too secluded and not too central to be amidst groups and 18-30s. Children seem to be kept occupied throughout the day and at the time I went, it was fine for a couple as much as a family. The condition of the hotel is perfect as is the service.

SELF CATERING***
I read reviews before going to this place and noticed more negative reviews from self catering guests, I can relate too this, I saw a lady pay 2 euros for a small Beer, the shop on site is good for nik-naks but to use for a weekly shop would be costly. There is a Kwik-Save a 15 minute walk away and a petrol station in the opposite direction. I loved the trip, but for the joy of all-inclusive, for the price, I would recommend all inclusive.

Room Tip: Email in advance, it was my birthday while away so my boyfriend did this and we got fantastic views...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
warrington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

We have just returned from the holiday village for the second time, were once again we had an amazing time. I cannont fault this place at all. we went as a mixed group ages from 7 month old to 70. we all enjoyed it. pool is brilliant very safe with the Astro turf all around it, very clean with freash towels everyday. food is lovely, lots of varity in the evening. We ate in both the mexican and italian restraunt which were also realy nice. The first choice activities reps are exeptional... always something going on for kids and adults, work really hard and always have a smile on there face. we joined in with the quiz in the morning around the main pool very funny... i could go on and on about this holiday and hotel but no complaints.

Room Tip: if you want to use the t.v ask for the remote at reception wont work without it.... we got it for ce...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

came back on sunday from what was a lovely week from start to finish. all hotel staff were brilliant,room was very big an comfortable didnt have any children with us but from what we saw the reps were brill at there job. food very good lots of choice local buses go from outside hotel only 1.40 euro to torremolinos, booking for next year defo

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Stockton-on-Tees, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

well my first time on ever been on holiday made me worry a little bit as i never knew what to expect with my 3 kids 1,6 and 7yr olds , but was a bit annoyed after waiting 2 hours just for our bags to get of the plane and not good after midnight and 3 tired children all exited about there holiday. but once we got there all looked clean and everyone was so friendly all staff and other holiday makes. always seen people cleaning and hoovering all day and food was ok but just not to what i normally ate. but on day 2 our baby girl was having a afternoon sleep the travel cot broke whilst she was asleep in it luckily she was not hurt one bit just shocked they soon gave us a new one and couldn't say sorry enough on day 5 of our 14day holiday we all started to become a little unwell but just put it down to the change a food never thought no more about it just got on with it really but on the last week of our holiday i got really annoyed as my 7 yr old daughter went to the bar to get her self a milkshake to find it off and smelt rank but she been a child drank half and became ill throwing up and upset tummy great all ya need when ur away but girl behind bar said sorry this sometimes happens as milk left out in the warm so i never let the daughter get a milkshake again but i reported this just to find a letter saying sorry and some rank fruit and sweet stuff but we were on all inclusive i could get them free anyways lol. we all loved the acts on a night and the kids club they were all fantastic everyone a them well done done a good job evan wen they were due to go home they put the children first couldn't fault them on bit they were good with children and adults.
but we did complain to the travel department when we got home as we heard there was loads a people ill on the holiday and with the milkshake and cot broke on my baby i wanted money back and we did get over £1000 back so i can not moan really had a good time 90% food waz ok and waz hot in sep 11 i don't no why there loads a bad reviews yer food can be improved but i waz happy and so were the children, we booked another holiday just not a holiday village this year

Room Tip: room waz fine we diddnt have no problem it waz clean we only went to sleep in there
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Village Hotel? Share your experiences!