Just returned from a weeks holiday at the Triton 10th -17th and would never go back again. I am a frequent traveller in my 50's and this is the first time I have ever felt a need to write a 'poor review'. My friend and I arrived to find the outside and the reception area 'dated and unwelcoming' but that was nothing compared to the rudeness and ignorance of the staff. We went to our room to find old broken furniture (broken drawers, chips of furniture, stains on surfaces and the back had fallen off the bedside cabinet).The room was hot and no evidence of working air con. I attempted to call reception but the phone didn't work either !! Went to reception to find completely disinterested staff. I requested a change of rooms to be told none were available which was hard to believe as the hotel did not appear to be that full. When I persisted I was told to return the following morning I repeated this exercise for 3 days before giving up. On no occasion was I met with any interest let alone an apology for the unsatisfactory state of the room. The public areas including the pool were kept beautiful and clean and the position of the hotel is superb. The food is very good and varied and there is the opportunity to dine outside on a lovely terrace. The service is very poor and apart from one waiter we found the rest of the staff miserable and unengaging they even looked away to avoid interaction with any of the guests. The cleanliness of our room was very poor our drinking glasses were not changed all week ( we just had to keep washing them ourselves) used teacups and pots and left over milk were left from the day before ( we had to place them outside our room on the landing) one set of towels were left for 2 people the whole experience was one of complete indifference. I attempted to get a cup of tea following a night out and was told 'no room service' available. On our last night we asked the night reception for an early morning call as we had a 7 am flight he wrote it down on an impressive sheet but that was as far as our request got fortunately our alarms did not let us down as the receptionist did his response when we asked what happened to our call was a shrug of his shoulders. I always opt to stay 4star and there is no way this hotel is
a four star hotel.I am not a complaining middle aged women quite the opposite I am a happy go lucky person who enjoys life and looks on the bright side of life I have wrote this to save others from being disappointed on their hard earned holidays .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the well known “Costa del Sol”, at the tourist centre of Benalmádena and facing the sea. It’s just a few metres away from the hardbour. Comfortable rooms with terrace, fully fitted bathroom with hairdryer, satellite TV, security door lock, telephone, fridge, heating, air conditioning and optional safe-deposit box. Buffet restaurant with show cooking, national and international cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Best Triton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Benalmadena Triton Hotel
- Triton Benalmadena
- Triton Hotel Benalmadena
- Hotel Triton Spain
- Hotel Triton Benalmadena
- Benalmadena Hotel Triton
- Hotel Triton Costa Del Sol
- Best Triton Benalmadena, Costa Del Sol, Spain