“Fantastic hotel” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida del Sol 5, 29630 Benalmadena, Spain   |
Ranked #10 of 47 Hotels in Benalmadena
“Fantastic hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel , spotlessly cleaned every day , fresh towels and extra towels provided everyday . Hotel is suited to all ages it really seemed to cater really well for kids . Plenty of life guards at pool and plenty of sun beds no matter what time you arrived down at . The buffet breakfast was also very nice .All the staff were very accommodating . We would definitely return in the future .

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
SunsetBeachClub, Community Manager at Sunset Beach Club, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words and for taking the time to write a review here in Tripadvisor.

I’m delighted you enjoyed your holiday with us and sincerely hope you’ll come back and visit us again soon.

Community Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (585)
  • Hebrew first
Llantrsiant, south wales
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for one week in the middle of August with my husband and two children aged 9 and 7, and a week was just not long enough. Hotel is spotlessly clean especially the pool and surrounding areas every morning it was jet washed and every morning one of the life guards was in the pool scrubbing the tiles and steps. The hotel is in a nice position right by the beach with a few bars and shops but you need to go down to the marina it's stunning and loads of bars and restaurants. There's a fab family run restaurant right opposite the hotel on the beach stunning food, very good portions and reasonable we ate here a couple of times when the children wanted to getc back for the kids mini disco and games which started at 9.00pm which I think is a good time then at 10.30pm the entertainment would start, which wasn't too bad, mostly tribute acts the children's Mary poppings was good. The rooms are quite small but everything you need is there, sofa bed in living room not as awful as they sounded in some of the reviews, we had a lovely view from our balcony overlooking the whole of the beach but I did pay extra when booking if u can afford it I highly recommend it as the internal ones looked awful no view no sun light. The hotel is very big, we had a fantastic time and would go back just wished I was there longer.

Room Tip: Have an external not internal
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a complimentary review of your holiday at Sunset Beach Club.

It’s a shame you were only able to stay with us for a week on this occasion but, by the looks of things, you managed to get lots done. I only hope that next time you come and stay with us, it’ll be for longer.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

We went here during July 2013 and we loved it. It was clean, the staff were helpful and the hotel had everything we needed. The beach was across the road and we had views of it from our balcony. Entertainment was outside and inside everynight, which included tribute bands. Could not fault the place and will definately return.

Room Tip: get a room in 240-248 cause u can see sea and beach on balcony its lovely at night and if you walk a...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Neath, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I stayed here last year and went bk the 20th-27th august this year.

PROS
The hotel is lovely and very clean. The new pool with the umbrella was fab. My son is 3 and he loved it. The food in the hotel was ok but the food down the marina was much nicer. Luna bar and Stalios bar are lovely and the play area for the children was handy.

CONS
We were on the 4th floor which was dark. I booked it in December and emailed Justin to request a 6th floor up as we were going back and knew the lower floors were dark but obviously 8 months notice wasn't enough. Wish i had a nice room as my mother was 50 and hadn't been abroad for years so was a special holiday for us.

The mattress on the fold out bed wasn't brilliant.

I bought my 3 year old son a Swansea city kit, (Century one) a one off kit and the shorts went missing from my room he didn't get to wear them. I put them on the bed ready for him to wear one night and then decided to put something else on him. When i packed to come home i realized they had gone. I went to reception and the laundry and they couldn't find them but said because they were white they could have got caught up with the sheets when the cleaner was cleaning. They gave me a form to fill out so they could try and claim something back for me and i haven't heard anything since and i have been home over 2 weeks. I am really not happy with how the hotel dealt with this as i payed £50 for a kit and my son was landed with it and now its gone.

Room Tip: lower floors are dark
Maidstone, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Just returned from 10 night stay here. Mixed Bag really!! If it was a 3*, i would think it was a really good Hotel..but as a 4* it is slightly disappointing! Positives: Staff friendly, efficient & helpful. Rooms and whole hotel kept spotlessly clean. Good location right by beach & local bars/restaurants. Air con very good in rooms. Negatives: Rooms need updating: furniture old and dated.Prices at pool bar, other hotel bars & restaurant way too high! Kids club: my 9 year old walked out halfway through a session and no staff noticed, it was lucky i had just come out the lift and spotted him!! So NOT a secure kids club at all! DO NOT leave your children there unattended...even after i had signed a form an hour earlier saying he was not allowed to leave until i collected him!
The hotel supermarket is very good: fresh bread, milk etc..lovely bakery!

Room Tip: The club is on the 5th floor (kids disco and entertainment) so if you want quiet evenings do not get...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
SunsetBeachClub, Community Manager at Sunset Beach Club, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor and for your constructive feedback.
I have made a note of your comments about the rooms needing updating and will pass them on to our Facilities Manager. That being said, we are constantly refurbishing rooms and common areas (as part of a general refurbishment plan) and it is quite possible that the apartment you were allocated is one of the ones which is due to be refurbished.

Your comments about the prices in our restaurants and bars have also been noted. We review our pricing at the start of every season and always try to ensure that they are at a level one would expect from a 4 star establishment.

Thank you once again for your comments and I hope to welcome you back to Sunset Beach Club again soon.

Coin, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

fantastic place good restaurant staff had a really good time the area was a little out of the way from the main entertainment areas but was only a few euros in a taxi plenty of restaurants and bars close to the sea

Room Tip: the higher up you are the better
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

After the passing of my dad in January, myself, my mum and my aunt went to the Sunset Beach hotel in Benalmadena, Spain on a well deserved holiday. We picked the Sunset Beach as we had already been in Torremolinos so we wanted to try somewhere different yet close to what we know. We are people who like to walk and explore however we found this hotel too far out from the main shops etc. It is a clean hotel with fabulous entertainment at night and a great breakfast. However, on arrival and throughout our stay we found the reception staff rude and unhelpful. We had requested a seaview however we got a road view, when we said this to the receptionist, she was happy to inform us this was only a request, which is fine however she didnt even check if there was any other room on any of the four sides looking out to the seaview. I was informed by the taxi firm they had sent a confirmation fax to the hotel for my attention, when I asked the gentleman on reception about the fax, he came across arrogant and getting up to see if there was a fax for us appeared a real effort for him.

We however were not going to put the negatives of this hotel put us off a well needed holiday. There were about six restaurants on the promonade next to the beach. We found a Spanish gentleman who spoke more Irish than us!We also found our favourate restaurant- La Perla Cordobesa. They have amazing paella and the staff are very friendly. We found the owners of this restaurant different from the others as they didnt hound us if we wanted to walk by. What we found very interesting, was when we told the owner of La Perla we were staying in the Sunset Beach Club, he told us it wasnt the best hotel to staff in. There are also fabulous markets and little shops around Benalmadena and Torremolinos with beautiful things to buy and very handy things to buy! You will find it very hard to pay more than €5 for one item.

I have to say, we had a great time, saw loads, spoke loads of Spanish, bought loads and miss the sun!

Room Tip: If you stay in this hotel, make sure you dont book it yourself, book it through a tour operator. By...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor.

I’d like to apologise for the problems you experienced with our reception staff. As I have commented in other reviews, we take great pride in our staff and work hard to ensure they receive regular training in customer service skills. The service we provide in reception is key to ensuring our guest experience is optimal; on this occasion it is clear that we did not meet the high service levels we are known for and for this I apologise. Rest assured that a copy of this review has been forwarded to the Head of Reception so that he may take the appropriate steps to ensure this doesn’t happen again.

I’m glad you enjoyed the rest of your holiday and hope you’ll come back to Sunset Beach Club again in the not-too-distant future.

Community Manager

Been to Sunset Beach Club? Share your experiences!