We stayed at the Sunset Beach Club from Thursday 28th March through 2nd April with our 10 year old son. The weather was very changeable, making it a challenge to keep our son entertained as it was mostly too cold for outdoor swimming, although we did manage one day.
We took bus 128 just outside the Airport to the hotel and we were dropped off right across from the hotel and similar for our homeward journey, which took about 30 minutes but expect longer in peak season. Buses to Malaga (Bus 110) and Fuengirola (Bus 120) can be picked up right outside the hotel.
Our apartment was very small but very clean and adequate for our needs. We had a pool-sea view and a fine balcony which we used a lot, given the mixed weather. The apartment was cleaned daily and the service was excellent.
We availed of breakfast, which was excellent, but somewhat repetitive, as it was the same every day. We were walking distance from a number of restaurants and had lunch in the hotel restaurant-The Oasis, which was one of the best meals we had. Food overall is good value and of average quality-La Luna on the beach is a good fish restaurant but along the strip the restaurants are of average quality.
Our son availed of the kids club once which was aimed at 4-10 year olds but is more suited to younger kids. Thereafter we found other things to do such as visiting the Marina and we went go-carting.
Overall I would recommend this hotel for families-clean, near everything, friendly and helpful staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunset Beach Club, Benalmadena, is a popular beachfront 4 *** resort featuring: two spectacular open-air pools, bars, restaurants, shops, a bakery and much more! The perfect setting to enjoy Costa de Sol´s immaculate climate; year round live entertainment; modern and fully equipped apartments with one bedroom, private balcony and individual climate control. Sunset Beach Club, your complete holiday destination on the Costa Del Sol! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Sunset Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Beach Club Hotel Benalmadena
- Sunset Beach Benalmadena
- Sunset Beach Spain
- Sunset Beach Hotel
- Sunset Beach Club Spain
- Sunset Beach Club Benalmadena, Costa Del Sol, Spain