We stayed at the Sunset Beach Club apartments over the Easter weekend May 29 – April 1 2013. Weather was fairly nice at around 18 – 21. Some rain on the 31st.
We rented a car and found it easy enough but our GPS did not recognize the address so we kind of had to look out for it.
The resort was a lot busier than I expected but not crowded or too busy. I was surprised and pleased with the onsite services and amenities. Wifi was only in designated areas and for this reason alone I have knocked off a star. It was very inconvenient, especially with a small child, to have to leave our room to access e-mail or view a place we wanted to visit. Entertainment was on going all weekend due to it being Easter.
All staff that we encountered were very nice and helpful. Housekeeping did a good job; they do not clean your kitchen or dishes.
The apartment – We had apartment 1015 which was an exterior view apartment that was facing towards the sea. The apartment was a nice size, perfect for a family of three. I think it would still be good for a family of 4 if the children were small enough. With older teens it might seem cramped. The AC worked well. The view was really nice and the terrace an awesome retreat. It had a table with 4 chairs and was a decent size. There was a nice big closet in the room to store luggage, etc. There were even English channels on the TV!
The bedroom had two twin beds which we pushed together and our 4 year old son slept on the sofa bed. There was plenty of bedding. The beds were fairly comfortable. No real issues with the beds. There didn’t seem to be a lot of noise at night. We slept well enough.
The bathroom is tiny but does have a bath tub and shower combo. There was plenty of room to place your items on the counter by the sink. The shower had fine pressure but needed a new shower head desperately. We were only supplied two towels the first day but afterwards the staff realized we were three and left extra towels without being asked.
The kitchen was tiny but functional. The fridge worked well. The apartment had adequate means to cook with and eat with. The coffee pot was a mess of parts that didn’t normally go together but it still made a pot of coffee. We were not supplied with any washing liquid but you are given a kitchen towel.
The onsite grocery was fine and I didn’t think it was extortionate but you can find cheaper if you’re out and about. It was very handy though. The only thing you won’t find in this shop is meat such as chicken, mince, pork, etc. You have plenty of luncheon type meats to choose from.
This place has a spa but no appointments were available for us so cannot comment on that.
There was a kids club and at one point it had a bouncy castle which we just missed.
My 4 year old loved the play area.
It was too cold for us to use the pools. They are not heated to my knowledge.
We did not use the fitness club or indoor pool.
We thought the restaurant was good and decently priced. We ate one dinner and one lunch there. We did not eat breakfast so cannot comment on that.
We would recommend this place and we would stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunset Beach Club, Benalmadena, is a popular beachfront 4 *** resort featuring: two spectacular open-air pools, bars, restaurants, shops, a bakery and much more! The perfect setting to enjoy Costa de Sol´s immaculate climate; year round live entertainment; modern and fully equipped apartments with one bedroom, private balcony and individual climate control. Sunset Beach Club, your complete holiday destination on the Costa Del Sol! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotels.com, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Sunset Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Beach Club Hotel Benalmadena
- Sunset Beach Benalmadena
- Sunset Beach Spain
- Sunset Beach Hotel
- Sunset Beach Club Spain
- Sunset Beach Club Benalmadena, Costa Del Sol, Spain