went to this hotel last year for my hen party and was delighted , all was fab. so much so that i ranted to my hubby about it and we decided to visit here for ten days with our son during midterm.
check in, perfect, allowed check in at 12, room all ready, cleaned. cleaned every day, cleaning ladys amazing.
kids club, fantastic thank you to all involved running it. my son had a fab time. the entertainers do a great job.
went to beauty salon for a facial and head massage, again brilliant. pool could maybe be heated as it was freezing but my son and hubby still swam in the rain.
food in restaurant is great, try the chateu briand AMAZING.
bad parts..... we got a call off the "guest services" after 3 days asking did we get a bottle of champagne? we said no and she asked could she pop up. we were delighted, thought maybe because we were on honeymoon it might be for that. so up she comes, asks us is everything ok, all rooms cleaned, happy enough, if we were there before. happy enough there. then she asks would we come back and we said of course, i was here before and we were delighted wiht hotel. so she tells us she is inviting us up to the vip lounge with internet access always available for kids to let us know about the amazing offers in the hotel for next year and show us the new 2 bedroom apartments and the 5 million euro renovation in hotel. she also said we would get a free lunch voucher on arrival. so up we go the next day and straight away you know its a time share set up. they took my son over to play on laptops (which obviously arent for use every day for vip) and out comes a man to use. tells us all about the 5 million euro renovation (in a water type park further away from hotel). he asks us what we do for a living and we said were both college students, he says "oh so how do i make the spondoolies from you" its a time share thing and your obviusly not interested. we have never been so insulted in our lives. because we dont work he assumed we were broke and couldnt afford this "amazing deal".
he shook our hands, walked off and didnt want to give us the meal voucher. i was so insulted and infuriated. we were lied to, told we would be advised on discounts for booking next year (which we were going to book) and it was nothing of the sort. im guessing she wasnt guest services but worked for this company DIVERSIFIED
other bad thing was although the room and hotel was spotlessly clean, for the last couple of days my son and husband woke with bites everywhere. my son still has them on his face, fingers and bottom.
overall i would have loved to return to the hotel next year, was even going to book for my mam and dads wedding anniversary but now, DIVERSIFIED ruined it for us. we were lied to, cheated and made feel cheap and so small.
sunset beach club, you should sort this out and not have dealings with them again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunset Beach Club, Benalmadena, is a popular beachfront 4 *** resort featuring: two spectacular open-air pools, bars, restaurants, shops, a bakery and much more! The perfect setting to enjoy Costa de Sol´s immaculate climate; year round live entertainment; modern and fully equipped apartments with one bedroom, private balcony and individual climate control. Sunset Beach Club, your complete holiday destination on the Costa Del Sol! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Sunset Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Beach Club Hotel Benalmadena
- Sunset Beach Benalmadena
- Sunset Beach Spain
- Sunset Beach Hotel
- Sunset Beach Club Spain
- Sunset Beach Club Benalmadena, Costa Del Sol, Spain