My friend and I booked this as a girls getaway long weekend, attracted by the 'boutique' tag and spa, and it was definitely a superb choice of hotel.
On arrival at the hotel (we had booked the hotel's transport and were rather hoping for one of the previous reviewer's Mercedes or Audis, but unfortunately we were booked a basic taxi to and from the airport which were nothing special so be warned of this if you decide to book the Hotel's 'chauffeur' service), we were warmly greeted by the Receptionist who swiftly checked us in took us to our room. Throughout our stay all the Receptionists were unswervingly helpful and nothing was too much trouble. Our room was a standard twin, but to call it 'standard' does it a gross injustice. It was equipped with two queen sized beds, sofabed, mini bar and tea and coffee facilities, dressing room with safe, robes, slippers, every toiletry you could think of, a (heavy) hairdryer, rainshower, pedestal bath, separate toilet and bidet and twin sinks. Absolutely fabulous! The beds were very comfortable - I never sleep well the first night in a strange bed but I was out for the count ...... mind you that could have been the glasses of Malaga wine from the complimentary bottle left by housekeeping......
We did get to lay by the pool for a couple of hours one morning and the sunbeds are top notch and towels provided - too cold to swim though, but the pool looked lovely. The lift down to the prom is very 007 with a secret tunnel and entrance to and from the beach.
Our only slight complaint is that our service in the restaurant (one evening meal and breakfasts for the duration) left a bit to be desired. No potatoes turned up with my steak, and no apology was forthcoming from the waiter - it took 4 attempts to get some and then they turned up with chips!! Also noted was that our waiter at breakfasts was very curt and almost condescending towards two women guests, the other waiters were lovely though.
My friend treated me to a relaxing massage and it was an hour of pure relaxation, so well recommended - almost better that my therapist and I couldn't chat because of the language barrier!!
It's a shame the weather was a bit disappointing, but the hotel certainly was not. Top notch.
- Also Known As:
- Vincci Seleccion Aleysa Hotel Boutique
- Vincci Seleccion Aleysa Hotel Boutique Benalmadena
- Vincci Seleccion Aleysa Hotel Boutique And Spa
- Aleysa Playa Aparthotel málaga
- Aleysa Playa Aparthotel Hotel málaga
- Vincci Seleccion Aleysa Hotel Boutique & Spa Benalmadena, Costa Del Sol, Spain
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel will be opened late July 2011. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Splendia, Travelocity and Otel so you can book your Vincci Seleccion Aleysa Hotel Boutique & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.