“Great for families” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 47 Hotels in Benalmadena
Bishop Auckland, England, United Kingdom
“Great for families”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Just returned from 10days at Los Patos. Nice and clean hotel, rooms clean but could do with a bit of modernisation i.e painting and new bedding/curtains. Surrounding areas i.e the pool, bar and play area are lovely and we could see some on going improvements. Kids pools were great a few sharp thing on the bottom of the pool around the pirate ship, but over all great.
Restaurant is clean but at times abit disorganised due to the amount of people normally a waiter would great you and find a table but at times we would be stood a while and ended up trying to find our own table and high chair which was a little frustrating when you have an 18 month old. Unfortunately the food did not live up to standard. The hot breakfast thing were cold and the cereal was stuck together. At lunch time and evening the food was the same, either pizza, pasta, chips or rice. We found the food to be bland and not a lot of choice for children. seen as this hotel was for kids they did not cater for the little ones. One night there was chicken nuggets and all the kids seemed happy. My little girl lived on sweetcorn, melon and plain pasta as there was nothing else. Most of the chicken, and kebabs that were cooked on the hot plate look nice on the outside but when we cut it up it was quiet often raw.
All of the staff were very friendly and pleasant, very helpful. The entertainment team were good but all of the shows were on really late which is not good for little ones. sometimes the shows did not start until 10pm. Some of the shows that we saw were good. Think the kids disco should be on early instead of after the show. There were three singers on three night in a row that got a bit the same. The only other thing is we booked with Jet 2 saw there was a jet two office where we assume the rep would sit, but we didnt see the rep once. All we got was something pushed through the door. We didnt know about any things to do outside of the hotel until people who had been before had said.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Calidad D, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Los Patos Park, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Dear Allison,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. We are ever so pleased that you and family had a good time at Los Patos and that you enjoyed the facilities. I´ve taken good notes about having more variety of food for children and the show times.

On behalf of our team and myself, we send you a Big Thank you.

Kind Regards

Los Patos Park****

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Polish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

Just returned from a week at Los Patos with our two girls (4 and 6). Feedback based on our experience is very good. Staff were superb nothing is too much for them, food was great, the room was the perfect size for us and great facilities for kids . We highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Calidad D, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Los Patos Park, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Dear Melissa,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are delighted that your stay at Los Patos Park was enjoyable.
Everything we do is aimed to provide you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future.

Sincerely yours,

Bristol, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

A bit frustrated by this hotel! Enough so that I am moved to write a review whilst still here. So many ingredients to make a great holiday but then let's you down in simple ways. The bar and restaurant staff are great the pool is awesome for a young, and not so young, family but then tonight.................. the entertainment doesn't turn up - no explanation just nothing! Now I get that this is outside of the control of the hotel but when you have a room full of families surely you would put some music on? Let the kids have a dance? Let the parents have a rest after running up the slides all day? Apparently not! Tonight we sit in silence...... Well it would be silence if it wasn't for 40 bored kids - NOW 84 costs about €4 in the local market and would solve the problem..... In fact let me plug my iPod in and I'll solve it for you? But apparently no one has access to the entertainment room!!! As I sit here I have watched at least a dozen couples who have come back to the hotel walk in to the lounge, look on in confusion and then decide to go to bed..........what a missed opportunity Los Patosuii

Stayed April 2014
Calidad D, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Los Patos Park, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Dear Jon,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for your time taken writing this feedback about your disappointment with our animation team last night. I will not try to justify their one hour delay due to the Van being broken down on the motorway as we should have had a Plan B.
Hence, we have placed a new procedure (Plan B) to eradicate any similar situation in the future.

I regret your negative impression of our Hotel, as our aim is to exceed our customer expectations. It would be my pleasure to explain it to you personally as I believe you are still on holiday with us.

Please accept my apologies and I look forward to meeting you personally.

Hotel Los Patos Park****
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

We stayed at Los patos last summer as a couple and had a great time. The pool was magnificent and I'm not sure there's any child out there that would say otherwise! There is a struggle to get sunbeds at the child's pool everyday though. The adults pool is lovely and peaceful. The room is standard, nothing fancy but not shabby either. The food is great something for everyone the desserts especially! There is a park that children can use in the evening while adults sit and have drinks. We didn't sit inside for entertainment so I can't comment on that. Nice walk along promenade to marina. Tourist/newsagent shops 1 min walk away. Sports bar 1 min walk also. Staff were excellent. Reception staff happy smiling and informative/helpful. Bar staff brilliant especially the older guy at the pool bar who would stop serving and sing and dance every time a specific song came on getting everyone dancing! I assume it was a Spanish version of the Hokey Cokey! Great stay and have just booked to return with our 2 children in May. Our first holiday with the children abroad.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Calidad D, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Los Patos Park, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments and review. We are very pleased to hear that your stay at Los Patos Park was that good that you are coming back this May with your children. I´m 100% sure they will be delighted.

Thanks again for your valuable feedback and we look forward to your next visit.

Hotel Los Patos Park****
Lancashire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

Stayed for 4 nights at the end of October with my boyfriend, ages 21 and 22. We booked last minute just for a bit of sun before winter and paid about £400 each All Inclusive.
The hotel was spotlessly clean.
The pool areas were nice however the pool was unheated and freezing, also as it's built up around the pool area the sun wasn't on it all day.
Overall it's an ok hotel, my only issue was with the food. Choice was very limited and everything that was served was just pure stodge.
The hotel had a couple of shows on during our stay, both of which were very average. Which perhaps is because of the time of year we went, the hotel was pretty empty and just about to close for winter.
The hotel is about a 15-20 minute walk from the harbour, with bars and restaurants along the way, it's a nice walk and one we did most days, turning it into a pub crawl there and back.
It was an ok holiday but I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Calidad D, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Los Patos Park, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your review at Los Patos Park.
We are sorry to hear that your stay in our hotel didnt meet your expectations and we do apologize for that, I sense that you understand that end of October is pretty much end of season and we were very quite on the last week before closing for Winter.

These comments are always very useful to us to be able to increase the quality of service at the hotel.... therefore... should you reconsider to come back to Los Patos Park, please e-mail me directly to ensure personally that, this time we do meet your expectations.

Dundee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

I went with my 13 year old granddaughter in October 2013 from 1st - 8th. I, am never sure about a 'new' hotel and had read varied reports.
We both found the Los Patos to be absolutely brilliant. I was worried that my granddaughter would be bored as there were no teenagers staying. Thankfully it was quite the opposite.I could hardly get her to move from the hotel so she didn't see much of Benalmadena!! :) She loved the entertainment and of course the pools were a huge hit.
We stayed half board and are vegetarian but still found plenty on the menu to enjoy. Our room was very nice though I would have preferred a pool view. We found everyone from the reception, bar staff, restaurant staff, cleaners and security men very friendly and helpful. The bar staff especially were great. No matter how many people they had to serve they did it with a smile and were very kind to my granddaughter.

We are hoping to go back this April for another 7 nights and if our stay is as good this time we would certainly return again in October if possible.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone. I have walking difficulties but managed the 150m walk from the main road if I took it slowly and my granddaughter cannot go in lifts so we got the low floor we requested.
Thanks for a great stay.

Room Tip: We were in room 205 which was very nice. I said in my review I would have liked a pool view but all...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Calidad D, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Los Patos Park, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Dear Lucy,

Thank you for your lovely review.
Reading your comments its quite nice because we really feel that you enjoyed everything during your stay with us. Children and teenagers are our most demanding clients, so the fact that your granddaughter didn´t want to leave the hotel allows me to think that all the team-hardwork is well worth it.

I look very much forward to meeting you personally in April, and please, don´t forget to e-mail us with any requirements you may need during your stay as we always do everything we possibly can to meet them.

Rotherham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

We booked a last minute 7 day holiday to the Hotel Los Patos (25/10/13-1/11/13), and were very satisfied with the hotel. We booked through A1 travel, which came as a package but it was all separate booking for hotel transfers etc.
Personally don’t book transfers as the train station is directly outside departures at Malaga Airport to Benalmadena, or a taxi is 20Euros, and does not take forever to get to hotel and airport.

Regards to the hotel, the staff are very friendly, especially Domingo in the bar area. All named brand spirits, Bourbons, Whisky’s, soft drinks, cocktails, etc. are all included on the All Inclusive. There is also Free Wi-Fi down in the reception and bar area and near the quiet pool. Beach is only 100m away down the road, with the marina a good 30-45 min walk on the sea front, which is worth it, or the local bus which stops at the bottom of the hotel.

Hotel area had a modern style look with indoor and outdoor seating area overlooking the quiet pool. Also for children, the slides are brilliant addition to the hotel. There is an area for the younger age (Pirate ship, water bucket drop and other smaller slides) and for the older children there are the bigger/faster slides in the other pool.

Regards to the rooms, I believe these are very basic and what lets the hotel down. I believe these needs modernising to bring it up to standard to the rest of the Hotel. The toilet and shower areas we fine and modern, but the actual sleeping area was basic, with two separate beds, old style TV, and dated colours bedding. But overall the rooms were kept clean and tidy and bedding and bath towels changed every day. All rooms have Air-conditioning, Safe boxes, and hair-dryer.

Food in the hotel had different variety every night, but this sometimes got a bit repetitive and minimal. Think this was due to the hotel closing on the Friday for the end of the season and due to eh amount of people that was in the hotel. There was something for everyone including fresh salads, cold/hot meats, pasta, Stir fry’s, fish, Pizzas etc.

Overall the hotel is graded at a 4 star, but I believe it does not meet these criteria due to the need of modernising the rooms. Other than this the hotel is great for adults and also young families and would give the hotel a 3-4 star grade. Would definitely return to this hotel and would also recommend this hotel to other people.

Room Tip: Have a Higher room to get a View over the pools and also the Mountains
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Los Patos Park? Share your experiences!