“Absolutely, the worse experience i ever had” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Apartmenthaus zum Hahn

Apartmenthaus zum Hahn
You added Apartmenthaus zum Hahn to your Saves list
Apartmenthaus zum Hahn
2.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Hauptstrasse 35 | Büchenbeuren, 55491 Hahn, Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hahn B&B and Inns
Milan, Italy
“Absolutely, the worse experience i ever had”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

The person who dropped me on the car when i arrived at the airport was not polite at all! In fact, he complained because I was not at the position he demanded me to be in 5 minutes!
I had to walk-run from terminal A to terminal B with my bag plus ask where terminal B was!!!
I was maybe 3 minutes late! Amazing,,, but anyway i did not make a big issue of that.
When I arrived at the hotel his wife was there, very kind indeed, she showed me the room: the heatings were off and the room was terrible frozen. so, i put on the heatings and i waited for them to be warm.... I spent one night sleeping in the bed completely dressed because i had a little covert, not even the sheets, and the heatings were not working! I asked her to help me (she arrived in my room wearing a big coat) but she told me that the machine was working for the heatings while i had my shower and viceversa: basicly, i had to choose between the hot shower and a warm room? Never heard of that before! Not fair at all, ridiculous! Anyway the shower was 30 minutes and during the night the heating was still poor. The room was also very large so, no chance to have it warm. my legs were hurting a lot...the toilet had not big towels, they were clean, yes, but small size!! very hard to get dry...very bad experience!Soap was almost finished. During the night i have heard a lot of noise from the road and from people of the "hotel" so my rest was continuously disturbed. I was really disappointed, and the breakfast is also 7.50 euros! The room had a tv with some channel working, a fridge, a desk but in the toilet there was not hairdrier. The only things that works in the hotel, by my point of view of course, is that it is close to the airport and it has a shuttle.
By the way, the man who collected me in the morning was really kind and nice.

Room Tip: Make clear that you want heatings working, maybe take a room which is not on the side of the road (c...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Jyvaskyla
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Ok, we had the room at the top, it had big living room, two bed rooms, big kitchen and spacious bathroom. We stayed there only for one night as we were passing by, but actually we could have stayed there even longer.
Minus things were a bit narrow staircase, slow service as the person at the counter was picking up customers and there was no-one else to do the checking in.
Without your own car (or rented) there is not much around, couple of small restaurants, but otherwise you definitely want to move around. Close enough (with car) there is however big Globus and things to see. But I would use this merely as a base to look around. And similar places, I'm sure, you can find from nicer places, like from the river valleys for the approximately the same price.
But if you have a late flight, this place provides a place to stay over night.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I had booked an early flight from Frankfurt-Hahn Airport and I was looking for a hotel to stay overnight. The Advance hotel was in a convenient distance from the airport and offered free shuttle service to and from the airport as well as free parking for the duration of my trip. They accompanied me to the parking area and drove me back to the hotel. Parking fees are charged only after a number of days.
The hotel is small and clean but very basic. One of those that are in the middle of a village and do not look like a hotel apart of the relative signs. There is no elevator and it can be noisy since it is on the village's main road. People arrive till very late and shuttle services start very early. I had opted for the breakfast. The room was dull and the selection very basic.
The personnel are friendly and efficient. If I ever have to catch an early morning flight from the Frankfurt-Hahn Airport, I will stay over again.
I was puzzled with the price thought. On the external walls, the prices were much lower than what I paid.

Room Tip: The highest floor the better (keep in mind that there is no elevator!). If you can, ask for a room...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

We booked this hotel because we had an early flight from Hahn Airport.
The hotel offers free shuttle service to and from the airport.
We booked a triple room with breakfast.
The room was small with a double bed and a single bed. The room also had a table, refrigerator, TV, wardrobes.
The beds are very uncomfortable. I did not sleep all night.
Small bathroom with a shower. A hairdryer and liquid soap.
The whole atmosphere is very inexpensive and simple.
Near the reception you can get free bottled water.
Breakfast starts early.
We liked the breakfast. Large selection of cold dishes. There is a coffee maker with coffee and chocolate.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We booked this hotel with booking.com and had a good stay. Upon arrival, the reception person will have you check into your room, then you can follow their shuttle bus to the car parking area (about 3km away) to keep you car for free up to 10 days. When you get back into Frankfurt Hahn, you just have to call them for a shuttle pickup and they will take you back to your car. This worked very well for us, the room and bathroom was nice and clean. Kind of noisy in the hallway since people are checking in late sometimes, but it didn't bother us much.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Bogota, Colombia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for one night, arrived at midnight and checked out at 10am. If you just need to spend the night, this is a great place. The rooms are spacious, clean and inexpensive. Great value!

• Stayed July 2012
Sindelfingen, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

We stayed here for one night because we had a very early flight out of Frankfurt-Hahn and were so glad we did! The rooms are basic but clean with a small bathroom (toilet, shower and sink), the bed was comfortable enough for one night (and the pillows were great!), and the area was quiet enough to leave the windows open.

The BEST thing about this hotel is their free shuttle service to the Hahn airport- which we used at 4:20 am for our 6:00 flight. We just called them when we returned a week later and they sent a shuttle to pick us up and take us back to our car. They have a parking lot you can use for free for at least a week (though I think it is actually 10 days for free, and then a very small price for each additional day- like 2 euro or something), and it was very convenient. If we ever fly out of Hahn again, we will definitely go back to this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face the street.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Apartmenthaus zum Hahn? Share your experiences!